Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Post Game Feeling

Started by pigzwillrise, March 05, 2013, 09:46:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigzwillrise

I hate Mizzou.  I didn't even want to be their rival but I guess it's going to happen.  I hate Mizzou.  I really did not want to lose to them on the road.  However, for some reason I don't even feel that depressed after this game.  This was a simple case of Mizzou having this game circled on their calendar and knocking down shots that they wouldn't normally knock down.  They weren't going to allow Mike Anderson to come in and win on Sr. Night.  We're terrible on the road, they are very tough at home... so we all just need to move on from this one.

Haith is about to lose his 4 best player's and really has nothing behind those 4.  This team should be terrible next year and I can't wait to beat them.  I can't stand Haith.  Such an angry little man with so many feelings all bottled up into a little homosexual elf.

Danny J

I disliked Mizzou going into this game. I hate them even more now. I hope they get a high seed again and lose. As a matter of fact if we can't win the SECt I hope that Mizzou does so they can get like a 3 seed and lose to a 14 seed eastern middle texas state or some other such team. That is what I would LOVE to happen.

pigzwillrise

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 05, 2013, 09:53:18 pm
I disliked Mizzou going into this game. I hate them even more now. I hope they get a high seed again and lose. As a matter of fact if we can't win the SECt I hope that Mizzou does so they can get like a 3 seed and lose to a 14 seed eastern middle texas state or some other such team. That is what I would LOVE to happen.
No, I'd rather see them fail when it comes to the SEC Tourney... I just hope they don't do anything in the post season this year because I know they won't for the next 3 years or so.

la20688

Yeah, this was simply the "perfect storm" for Missouri: Sr. night, MA returning, they couldn't miss, and we couldn't make ANYTHING in the 1st half.

They'll never admit it, but this was their biggest home game all season. Since 1992, this is only their 2nd win against us. We are 10-2 during that time frame, and one of their victories, MA was their coach.

Hell, when you dig a little deeper, and look at both programs histories (I'll just stay in the recent history here. Arkansas is without a doubt coming out of the worst 10 yr period in our programs modern day history: only 1 NCAA win!

Missouri on the other hand is proably coming out one of, it not the best 10 yr period in their modern day history: 5 NCAA wins (8 if you give them an extra yr and count 2002). Even doing that, their best decade has to this point produced only 7 more NCAA wins than we did during our worst...& the coach for four of those wins was on our sideline tonight.

This all adds up to what appears to be an inferiority complex by not only many of their fans, but their coach as well.

I'll just finish by saying that during Nolan's first few years,while he was getting his players in place, we had some pretty good battles with Norm's Tigers. Then around 89-90, things fell in place, and it got to the point where, tonight was, once again only their 2nd victory against us in 20 yrs. So just suck it up and move on. Better days are finally just around corner.

medloh

Quote from: pigzwillrise on March 05, 2013, 09:46:56 pm
Haith is about to lose his 4 best player's and really has nothing behind those 4.  This team should be terrible next year and I can't wait to beat them.  I can't stand Haith.  Such an angry little man with so many feelings all bottled up into a little homosexual elf.

You are exaggerating a bit there.  Pressey will probably come back next year.  Jabari Brown is only a sophmore.  They'll also get Earnest Ross and Tony Criswell back next year.  That's a pretty solid core of 4 players.  The 3 freshmen that got some minutes this year will all be back and hopefully better (Webster-Chan, Jankovic, and Rosburg).

They also have a strong class coming in with three 4 star players and a 3 star.  Johnathan Williams III is a five star in some rankings.

Mizzou may be pretty darn good next year depending on how things shake out.
"We wish the B12 the best, and all that"

jthill

Quote from: pigzwillrise on March 05, 2013, 09:46:56 pm
I hate Mizzou.  I didn't even want to be their rival but I guess it's going to happen.  I hate Mizzou.  I really did not want to lose to them on the road.  However, for some reason I don't even feel that depressed after this game.  This was a simple case of Mizzou having this game circled on their calendar and knocking down shots that they wouldn't normally knock down.  They weren't going to allow Mike Anderson to come in and win on Sr. Night.  We're terrible on the road, they are very tough at home... so we all just need to move on from this one.

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 05, 2013, 09:53:18 pm

There are few fan bases around the country as trashy and unsportsmanlike as Mizzou which makes it easy to hate them but don't. A rivalry would suggest that they are our equal. They are not and will never be. We're all pissed about the game and Haith but its over now. Forget about Mizzou. They're irrelevant and always will be.

Break & Run

Quote from: medloh on March 06, 2013, 12:14:42 am
You are exaggerating a bit there.  Pressey will probably come back next year.  Jabari Brown is only a sophmore.  They'll also get Earnest Ross and Tony Criswell back next year.  That's a pretty solid core of 4 players.  The 3 freshmen that got some minutes this year will all be back and hopefully better (Webster-Chan, Jankovic, and Rosburg).

They also have a strong class coming in with three 4 star players and a 3 star.  Johnathan Williams III is a five star in some rankings.

Mizzou may be pretty darn good next year depending on how things shake out.

Recruiting means nothing when your coach is incompotent.

Look at Miami, where Haith left.  Jim Lurianaga (spelling?) is tearing it UP down there...and he was hired bc Haith was hired away from Miami.  I GUARANTEE that not ONE Miami fan is upset that Haith left for Mizzou.

Haith is an ass clown who has Mizzou in a downward spiral and he knows it.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

HogNdazs

Since you don't like them, and they don't like us, it should be a great rivalry.

So I am excited about it, it's what makes college sports so good. Of course it sucks to lose to them, and by a lot, when we are just starting this thing up.

Arkansas Fan

I don't much care for a "rivalry" with Mizzery, I just don't like them for some reason. They're the ones that have selected us as their new Kansas. They're going to annoy the crap out of us until we acknowledge them as a "rival".

Beat their ass in football a few times, beat them in basketball, they'll want no part of us.

99toLife

Quote from: The Mafia on March 06, 2013, 09:43:38 am

Look at Miami, where Haith left.  Jim Lurianaga (spelling?) is tearing it UP down there...and he was hired bc Haith was hired away from Miami.  I GUARANTEE that not ONE Miami fan is upset that Haith left for Mizzou.

I don't think Haith is incompetent he is 52-13 in his first two years at Missouri. Is he a great coach, No.

medloh

Quote from: The Mafia on March 06, 2013, 09:43:38 am

Look what happened to Mizzou last year after CMA left and Haith took over.  30-5 B12.  conf tourney champ, #2 seed in NCAA tourney.  CMA had basically the same team the year before and did pretty much nothing with it.  Some Mizzou fans were disappointed when CMA left, but no one is upset he left now.

There's only 2 players left from CMA's tenure on the Mizzou roster - Pressey and Bowers.  Haith has done a great job filling in the roster gaps CMA left with transfers.  Next year's recruiting class is very strong.  Haith is doing a great job at Mizzou and is a good coach.

I also think CMA is a good coach and Arkansas will be successful at some point.  I'm suprised you aren't better this year because its pretty obvious watching Mizzou vs Arkansas that Arkansas is one of the most athletically talented teams Mizzou has played.
"We wish the B12 the best, and all that"

870hogfan

Quote from: 99toLife on March 06, 2013, 10:17:34 am
I don't think Haith is incompetent he is 52-13 in his first two years at Missouri. Is he a great coach, No.

Mizzou should be a lot better team than what they are.

99toLife

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 06, 2013, 10:25:05 am
Mizzou should be a lot better team than what they are.

Losing Bowers for several games this year and because no one on their team played together last year it has taken some time to gel.  They have lost a lot of very close games on the road.  Although we don't play well on the road Missouri destroyed us.

mizzou-rah-tigerz

Quote from: jthill on March 06, 2013, 09:03:25 am
There are few fan bases around the country as trashy and unsportsmanlike as Mizzou which makes it easy to hate them but don't. A rivalry would suggest that they are our equal. They are not and will never be. We're all pissed about the game and Haith but its over now. Forget about Mizzou. They're irrelevant and always will be.

a team that beats you by 30 is irrelevant... you guys arent even making the tournament this year... i dont think it gets much more irrelevant than not even participating in the tourney...

from your post, it almost seems like your comparing your school to one of the elite schools (bama, florida, oklahoma, texas) 

jthill

Quote from: mizzou-rah-tigerz on March 06, 2013, 10:48:34 am

a team that beats you by 30 is irrelevant... you guys arent even making the tournament this year... i dont think it gets much more irrelevant than not even participating in the tourney...

One game and one season determines relevancy now huh? I suppose when your program lacks any history or tradition you would base your claim on that.

Tripod1

I've got only one favorite team and it is the Hogs.  I cannot believe you guys get on here after a 30 point loss and still talk smack.  Really guys?

Scott7703

from your post, it almost seems like your comparing your school to one of the elite schools (bama, florida, oklahoma, texas) 

Compared to Mizwho we are Bama. We split with you in case you forgot that. Arkansas and Mizwho are pretty much the exact same team. Good enough to win at home and beat no one on the road.

mizzou-rah-tigerz

Quote from: Scott7703 on March 06, 2013, 11:08:46 am
Compared to Mizwho we are Bama.

lol, you are so stupid.  o well, good luck guys haha

btw our football team lost 7 games this year... 5 of those losses were to top 10 teams, and we almost won a few of them.  we arent exactly the sisters of the poor :)

thebignasty

Quote from: mizzou-rah-tigerz on March 06, 2013, 11:15:26 am

btw our football team lost 7 games this year... 5 of those losses were to top 10 teams, and we almost won a few of them.  we arent exactly the sisters of the poor :)
Welcome to the SEC, where losing 5 times to top 10 teams makes you a sister of the poor.  Arkansas was there last year, too.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Arkansas Fan

Actually, Arkansas is traditionally better than Florida. Florida only became "elite" when
Spurrier and Meyer were the HC. Before Spurrier, Florida wasn't nearly the program Arkansas was, with winning their first national title in the 90's when we won ours in the 60's. Arkansas even has more all-time wins than Florida right now.

Cobbler

The only game you "almost won" against a top 10 team was the Florida game. And even to say you almost won that game is being generous.

jthill

Since we're looking at history you might want to check out 2010 and 2011. Hogs went 21-5 in the toughest conference in the country. You're tigers were 18-8 in the B12.

Arkansas Fan

That's the SEC for you. And Mizzery will be like Miss State in football, and many more losses are to come for you guys. Hell, you guys were lucky Tennessee and Kentucky were as terrible as they were. You guys could've easily lost every conference game last season.

OzarkLover

I want to think Mizzou is just gonna fall off the map after this year, but I dont know.

Their in the same spot we are with Pressey/BJ/Powell. Hoping that guy comes back rather than be a secnd-round NBA pick.

I was surprised at how good Brown and Ross was. Those guys are back? There other big guy looked pretty good too.

I work with a Mizzou guy and he says they have another good g transferring in, too. And that class...  I forgot about the kid from Memphis that they got. Hes pretty good.

I dont think their gonna be as bad next year as Id hope they are.

Hoggish1

Among all the very irritating things last night was having to see that dumb gym they play in.  Truly embarrassing but typical of the rest of the SEC after Bud Walton and Rupp Arena.

99toLife

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 06, 2013, 11:42:06 am
Among all the very irritating things last night was having to see that dumb gym they play in.  Truly embarrassing but typical of the rest of the SEC after Bud Walton and Rupp Arena.

I didn't know a building could be dumb, but what did you not like about it?

Dirty

I am just waiting for the schedule to come around in football!

jthill

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 06, 2013, 11:42:06 am

I rip on Mizzou for just about everything but I've seen their arena in person. It is pretty nice actually. Their football stadium is a dump but I was pretty impressed with their basketball arena. LSU, Bama, Ole Miss and MSU are dumps. Florida's looks pretty nice.

99toLife

Quote from: jthill on March 06, 2013, 01:07:56 pm
I rip on Mizzou for just about everything but I've seen their arena in person. It is pretty nice actually. Their football stadium is a dump but I was pretty impressed with their basketball arena. LSU, Bama, Ole Miss and MSU are dumps. Florida's looks pretty nice.

and that's being nice..