Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Class Ranking

Started by dbthegreat, February 07, 2013, 01:43:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dbthegreat

what are the final rankings for our class?
Hog Fever

BornaHog

not done yet, gonna get a couple more 4* to finish it out.  GHG WPS
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

WaltKowalski

Quote from: BornaHog on February 07, 2013, 01:46:13 pm
not done yet, gonna get a couple more 4* to finish it out.  GHG WPS

AYJMSU?

FMCSVT

Bubba's Bruisers

Rivals will have us in the mid 20's

247 will be maybe a fudge better

Don't know about the rest, but it's a good class given the circumstances.  If this year is any indication, then next class should break into the teens.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

redswarmrising

Quote from: WaltKowalski on February 07, 2013, 01:50:33 pm
AYJMSU?

according to Beilema,the coaches will look at teams that over-signed and look at the players that we're told they didn't have room and see which ones the hogs could get.i doubt any of those are 4* though

Pork Twain

#23 - 247
#26 - Rivals
#32 - Scout
#31 - ESPN
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BeoPig™ on February 08, 2013, 02:09:06 pm
#23 - 247
#26 - Rivals
#32 - Scout
#31 - ESPN

Well now I know why "247 is the most accurate recruiting site."

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Jackrabbit Hog

The service I have the least amount of faith in is scout, and it has nothing to do with where they have us ranked.  I followed rivals, scout, 247 and espn pretty closely in the 3-4 days leading up to signing day and then through the day.  When the others has Alabama 1 or 2, scout had Bama 8th.  Until all the letters were in on signing day, scout's top 3 were Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame.  Scout finally got Bama in the top 3 by the end of the day but still said OSU has the best class.  Nobody else does.  Bottom line is that I think I detect a Big 10/midwest bias with scout, and everybody knows the SEC outrecruits those programs every year.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HogHolio

Something to note when looking at class ranking is the more big nasties you get the lower you will be ranked.  If you look at rivals for instance there are 226 non-line players ranked as 4* or higher.  Where O-Line and D-Line there are just 112.  I included TE in as part of the O-Line.

Kind of odd that 66% of the rankings are based on skill positions when over 66% of the players on a football field are on the line... 

Paul Swinebaum

Ty Webb240

247 is the best, by far. 

Inhogswetrust

We won't know for at lease three and possibly four years from now......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Rooster76 on February 08, 2013, 03:27:16 pm
Something to note when looking at class ranking is the more big nasties you get the lower you will be ranked.  If you look at rivals for instance there are 226 non-line players ranked as 4* or higher.  Where O-Line and D-Line there are just 112.  I included TE in as part of the O-Line.

Kind of odd that 66% of the rankings are based on skill positions when over 66% of the players on a football field are on the line...

Bobby Petrino is in charge of the rankings for rivals. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.