Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Posted Recruiting Football Ratings, 2-7-13 around 5:30 PM

Started by 12247, February 07, 2013, 05:45:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivals:  Hogs 26th with 11 SEC schools above us.
ESPN:  Hogs 31st with 11 SEC schools above us.
Scout:  Hogs 23rd with 10 SEC schools above us.
247:  Hogs 23rd with 9 SEC schools above us.

At this point we are averaged @ 25.75 team rating and 10th in Conference.

Considering the facts, being 26th in team average isn't bad.  I was happy if we broke 35th in team rankings.  Sadly, 40 percent of the teams finishing above us in team rating, we have to face in conference.

tophawg19

we still have two more we will sign which will alter it a bit more
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 07, 2013, 05:49:45 pm

And if things break our way, they may very well be solid players

Richard_white

I wonder why anyone looks at ESPN rating for recruits.  They do it for entertainment.

BrokenArrowHogs

It is a very solid class all things considered.  Not the first time AR has finished "behind" most of the other SEC teams, yet the program has held its own on the field (with the Bama exception of course) the past few years.  This class brings in enough high level talent to keep things moving forward as the staff gets ready for a full year to recruit for the UoA.  I am very proud of what they accomplished in a short time and under less-than-ideal circumstances. 

Oliver

Quote from: 12247 on February 07, 2013, 05:45:20 pm

Considering the facts, being 26th in team average isn't bad.  I was happy if we broke 35th in team rankings.  Sadly, 40 percent of the teams finishing above us in team rating, we have to face in conference.

Bielema sometimes rarely had classes ranked this high at Wisky yet he won the Big 10 with them.

Will be more difficult here, but outside of Bama, I'm not sure if great recruiting classes by these SEC teams in front of us will matter much.  How many schools have we finished ahead of under Petrino who always won the recruiting battle?  Quite a few.  Bielema will do the same

Stang1970

We might not get anymore in this class.

ZERO

Quote from: Stang1970 on February 07, 2013, 06:52:04 pm
We might not get anymore in this class.

Yeah, a lot of people don't seem to be considering this. I think those spots are not going to fill unless a 4* or someone the staff feels particularly good about comes available.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

redeye

Quote from: Richard_white on February 07, 2013, 05:53:55 pm
I wonder why anyone looks at ESPN rating for recruits.  They do it for entertainment.

They all do it for entertainment. ESPN just does it worse. Which is why I am not surprised that they ranked us the worst.

TMc

I'm not sure we're signing any more unless some fall into our laps.

DeltaBoy

The way Coach B been going I would not be suprised it he graps a few more studs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

swinemaster

Quote from: 12247 on February 07, 2013, 05:45:20 pm

Nothing Sad about it.  We're in a tough conference and we all signed top 25 recruiting classes. 

Very happy with the job this staff did in getting us not just "stars", but impact players at positions of need.

Things are definately different now on the hill.