Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marshall Henderson, all things

Started by jbcarol, January 27, 2013, 06:41:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Harris

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 28, 2013, 10:43:31 am
Joe Adams thinks you guys are a bunch of hatchet wounds.

You had to love Joe....his priorties were #1 talk trash #2 catch the ball.

HF#1

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 28, 2013, 12:24:44 pm
You had to love Joe....his priorties were #1 talk trash #2 catch the ball.

That's fine when you made people look as stupid as he made them look.  I gave Joe a lot of rope because he was a bad ass.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jkstock04

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 28, 2013, 10:43:31 am
Joe Adams thinks you guys are a bunch of hatchet wounds.
95% of the time he could back it up. That is the difference in my mind.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

kingofdequeen

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 28, 2013, 12:52:46 pm
95% of the time he could back it up. That is the difference in my mind.

how is Henderson not backing it up? 

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Tim Harris

Quote from: HogFan#1 on January 28, 2013, 12:29:00 pm
That's fine when you made people look as stupid as he made them look.  I gave Joe a lot of rope because he was a bad ass.

We all would have been running our mouth after making plays like the punt return against TN.  The ones that made me chuckle was when he would drop an easy on but still be yapping.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 27, 2013, 12:57:37 pm
His dad is a coach and he just let this worthless little punk show his arse and did nothing about it... His dad is probably a little worthless POS as well.

As for his dad, On TV during out game the announcer mentioned screaming matches between the 2 that used to take place on the court during HS games.  All I can say is I dont care how good my son was, if he was screaming at me (his coach and dad) I would sit his punk a$$ down and teach him some respect.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

NaturalStateReb

He's a smacktalking punk, but he's our punk.  He's the kind of spark plug we've been missing.

As far as feeling sorry for a bunch of smacktalking Auburn fans, eat it Barners.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 27, 2013, 06:41:28 am

Cycling through all the MVPs of the GIF:

•Obviously, we kick things off with the older gentleman standing up in defiance right in front of Henderson...
•The guy in the white polo is big-time, just smiling the entire time.
•Jerry Garcia-looking guy on press row...
•The crew of double-middle finger guys...
•The guy who rips his hat off... (or was it knocked out of his hand by the sign)
•Now we get to the sleepers: To kick things off, check out my man next to Auburn pajamas girl. He's got the creepy sideways grin, like he digs Marshall Henderson's attitude, but can't have his friends find out.
•Speaking of Auburn pajamas girl, she looks out of place. And is also terrified by the flying object to her left.
•What is that flying object? No one really knows. Could be a Fathead, could be a cardboard cutout, could be an umbrella. But the blonde girl reacts like it's a head. A real one.
•White hat fellow. Waving his hands, yelling "Come on, come on, come on!" to Henderson. His flailing hands and sideways shuffle steals the show for a bit.
•The guy right in the middle who emphatically sticks a middle finger at Henderson -- and then tears it right back down. Everything he did was 100 percent.
•The curly-haired kid in the orange shirt. He gives the fingers, claps two times (as if to get loose) -- and then goes back with the fingers.
•Kid in the gray hoodie to the left. It kind of looks like he sneezes as the GIF starts -- but bounces back extraordinarily quickly to join in the ballyhoo.
•What about the girl in the upper right corner? She yells some profanity, and then goes tumbling forward, either getting pushed or falling from the momentum of her yelling.
•And yes, the older, older gentleman in the front row...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21617167/night-court-on-wild-day-of-hoops-one-gif-steals-the-show
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

PonderinHog

Act like you've been there before.  Wait...they haven't - ever.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 28, 2013, 09:18:06 pm
Act like you've been there before.  Wait...they haven't - ever.

We really haven't.  It's like being a kid in a candy shop.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hobhog

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on January 27, 2013, 01:27:50 pm
I want more of these things to happen. I want trash talking. I remember when the big O used to talk trash about opposing teams in interviews. What we were going to do to them. How he was going to dominate Shaq, etc....

I want coaches and players to speak with confidence and swagger.

A reporter asks: How do you think the game with Vandy is going to go?

Player: We are going to beat them badly. They are not a good team and we are.

This is sports. Fanatics trash talking to players and vice versa. I love it.

sad

MikePiazza

I predict that Henderson drops 30 on UK tonight and Black Bears win by 10.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

tigermania21

Quote from: MikePiazza on January 29, 2013, 05:21:17 pm
I predict that Henderson drops 30 on UK tonight and Black Bears win by 10.

This could happen I hate to see it or say it but after the way they mauled the tigers I am scared of the black bears.... I hate henderson would love to see goodwin lite em up nad win the game for the wildcats . Love that dude for going to Kentucky ;-)

Danny J

Quote from: hobhog on January 29, 2013, 04:11:27 pm
sad
I know I know.....all kids should get trophies even if they finish last. We can't hurt peoples feelings. /sarcasm

It is sports. We are FANatics. I love trash talking and bragging. There is no harm in it. It is innocent fun.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I think the black dude has no clue what is going on, he is obviously looking across the court and picturing himself banging whatever girl he is eye raping.

elksnort

I'd take Henderson for our team. I know he can be over the top, but we'd at least have someone who could shoot.

jdhogster

Henderson is a punk, plain and simple.  Watching the Kentucky v Ole Miss game is further proof.  Slams the ball down on the chart - ref makes him go pick it up.  Guy commits a foul that looked worse than what it was - Henderson goes and snatches ball from the guy well after the whistle had blown and he picked himself up off the floor.  Fans throw something on the court - he picks it back up and chunks it at them.

Every time you seen him react, you also see his teammates having to calm him down.  Surprised he hasn't been kicked by a player or kicked out of a game.  Wouldn't want that dude on our team at all.  Distracts from team.  It is clearly all about Mr. Henderson in his own mind.

pigture perfect

The bearded guy at the scorer's table sure acted like he is enjoying it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TRUHOG718

His coach told him to stop trying to win the game on his own. Henderson tells Andy Kennedy "well sub me out then" and walks away to sit down without being subbed out. Kennedy and him have a shouting match on the sideline while players try to calm Henderson down.  This kid is a tool.. I don't care if he can shoot 3s his attitude is bad for the team. What if every player did that? Kennedy has a problem on his hands.

TH
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: elksnort on January 29, 2013, 08:07:30 pm
I'd take Henderson for our team. I know he can be over the top, but we'd at least have someone who could shoot.

We had one. And once the other players started figuring they could do the same thing we ended up with a team of uncoachable players. It's  masked when your winning but it hurts  in the long run.

elksnort

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on January 29, 2013, 09:32:05 pm
We had one. And once the other players started figuring they could do the same thing we ended up with a team of uncoachable players. It's  masked when your winning but it hurts  in the long run.
And who was this?

panhandlepig

I wonder how cocky he's gonna be after this game?  Looks like they might get beat.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

This Vanilla Ice wannabe is a punk just begging for a punch in the face. I'm not wasting any sympathy on the Barner fans, but showboating up in the faces of the opposing student section is STUPID and asking for trouble.

The kid can play, but why do you think he has a Petrino-like list of schools where he has been?

UK is kicking their black bear behinds and if the sniveling little punk keeps talking to Kennedy like that, he will get that punch in the face like a Cincinnati cabbie.

It amazes me that when Mallett, who was kind of a punk (but not as bad as this guy) did stuff 10% that bad our fans wanted him strung up. When this guy does it, some of the same people want him on our team...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

TRUHOG718

Quote from: elksnort on January 29, 2013, 09:40:22 pm
And who was this?
C
I'd rather not go there.  Its in the past and it's not too hard to figure out.

Danny J

Breems

It's because of guys like Henderson that I'm extremely happy UK won there. Couldn't happen to a better little punk.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Danny J

Quote from: Breems on January 30, 2013, 12:02:50 am
It's because of guys like Henderson that I'm extremely happy UK won there. Couldn't happen to a better little punk.
LOL...yep and that goes to further my point made earlier about this little ass in particular. Much more sweet when they lose. Makes the games that much more interesting. I love the trash talking and cocky attitude.

I love watching him take 40 shots a game and a FG% of what seemed like 25%. <-------I have no idea the actual numbers as that is what it felt like watching the game. Every time he caught the ball no matter how off balance he jacked it up. Sounds familiar to me.

Dr. Starcs

I think he was 4/19 from the field last night. I loved it.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Breems on January 30, 2013, 12:02:50 am

The only thing that would have been better is if Noel had close lined him when he came down through the lane.

Dirty

GS99

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on January 30, 2013, 12:23:38 am
I love watching him take 40 shots a game and a FG% of what seemed like 25%.

He's shooting 38% on the year. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on January 29, 2013, 10:01:16 pm
C
I'd rather not go there.  Its in the past and it's not too hard to figure out.
I think I'll call him 'Fauxbear."  He needs "help."

jbcarol

Pick

Roll

Inhogswetrust

Let your PLAY do your talking. Especially at the opponents place.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GS99 on January 30, 2013, 08:25:51 am
He's shooting 38% on the year. 

He's a big time shooter but even bigger time mouth. At some point he'll run into somebody that will not put up with it and put him in his place or his emotions will just get him in trouble again. Maybe then he'll start to think twice.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dropkick

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 30, 2013, 07:07:56 am
I think he was 4/19 from the field last night. I loved it.
Probably coked up......

jbcarol

jbcarol

Critics howl at Mississippi guard Marshall Henderson, the guy who leads the Southeastern Conference in scoring.

Opposing fans point fingers – especially middle fingers. They say Henderson carries on as if he's 13, ignores teammates and has not learned when to avoid the off-balance 27-footer with a defender on each shoulder.

All true. Henderson is a good player who often does outrageous things. George Costanza would call him a "chucker." Former Kentucky star Rex Chapman does not consider him one of the top handful of players in the SEC.

Henderson plays as if he's never listened to a word that John Wooden said. When Ole Miss played Kentucky last week, Henderson did as many things to hurt the Rebels as help them. It happens.

Henderson does not like to pass, but I'm here to give him a pass. This is why:

In a season when college basketball teams are straining to score 20 points in a half and 40 in a game, Henderson, with the absolute blessing of his coach Andy Kennedy, understands that offense not only wins games, it wins fan approval.

Ole Miss and Henderson aren't perfect, but what they're trying to do makes perfect sense – have more fun than your basic college basketball team.

Have you checked the scorebook lately? According to Basketball Times, scoring at the Division I level is on pace for its lowest total in 60 years.

Alabama is a team that defeated Kentucky and was contending for second place in the Southeastern Conference – until Wednesday. Then the Crimson Tide visited Auburn.

They scored 23 points in one half – and scrambled for 14 more in the second half. The 37 points were not enough to beat the mighty Tigers, but the total enabled coach Anthony Grant's team to join South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Tennessee as the four SEC teams that have failed to score 40 in a game this season.

Offensive indigestion is going around. It was the sixth time this season that an SEC team failed to crack 40. Vanderbilt proved the 33 points the Commodores scored against Marist were not a fluke because they did it again against Arkansas.

Poor Vandy. Phil Cox isn't walking through that door. Vandy has failed to score 60 in its last four games.

Pete Maravich played against Auburn twice during his senior season at Louisiana State. He scored 44 and then followed it up with 46, which is reasonable because Pistol Pete averaged 44.5 during his senior year, 44.2 over his three-season career.

Maravich hung 69 on Bama – and failed to score 40 only six times in 18 SEC games.

Without a three-point line. Or shot clock.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/21076803/bozich-who-turned-off-the-offense-in-college-basketball

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 28, 2013, 03:08:11 pm
He's a smacktalking punk, but he's our punk.  He's the kind of spark plug we've been missing.

As far as feeling sorry for a bunch of smacktalking Auburn fans, eat it Barners.

One can be a spark without being a criminal and punk.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 08, 2013, 08:59:59 am
One can be a spark without being a criminal and punk.

Now you're just being a wet blanket.  What's the fun in that? 

Dogtown Donkey

You know, that one that was about to bare-butt spank Marshall Henderson.

How pissed is he that B.J. threw that jam down instead of running out the clock?

secfan30

They should have stopped with all that air ball crap.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: secfan30 on February 13, 2013, 10:42:54 pm
They should have stopped with all that air ball crap.

Agreed, it was detrimental to them. BJ looked like he was playing to shut them up.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

secfan30

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on February 13, 2013, 10:43:41 pm
Agreed, it was detrimental to them. BJ looked like he was playing to shut them up.

It did seem like he became more focused and determined.

Tejano Jawg

I'm looking for a clip of that ender dunk. That thing had authority.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Dogtown Donkey

He's the greatest thing Auburn has ever produced.