Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Class of 2014

Started by MRPRFCT, January 14, 2013, 02:34:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MRPRFCT

January 14, 2013, 02:34:23 pm Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:13:17 am by MRPRFCT
Never too early is it? Here's a list of Arkansas Athletes:

Note: *denotes an offer from Arkansas

*Josh Frazier DT 6-4 320 Springdale Har-Ber
Has offers from Arkansas, Alabama and USC and others.

*Bijhon Jackson DT 6-3 315 El Dorado
Committed to Arkansas.

*Juan Day RB 6-2 210 NLR
Committed to Arkansas.

Isaac Jackson WR 6-3 195 FS Southside
Likely a 4 star.

Jarvis Cooper LB 6-2 235 West Memphis
Possible 4 star prospect.

Chuks Ota DT 6-1 271 Jonesboro
Likely a 3 star.
*Jack Kraus TE 6-5 235 Bentonville
Tyler Colquitt LB 6-1 235 PA
Von Eric Gondor ATH 6-0 200 Warren
Kendrick Newton LB 5-11 215 Warren
Dillon Cagle OL 6-8 310 Hoxie
Kavin Alexander CB 5-9 170 NLR

I'm trying to post guys Arkansas could be interested in. If you know anyone let me know. If you think any on the list aren't SEC quality, let me know please.

Looks like we might have a big-time class in 2014.

pfrg999

That is a Big Ol Boy.. what is his foot work like ???
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

tiber

Heard that Peavey kid wasn't too bad.

MRPRFCT

Quote from: tiber on January 14, 2013, 02:56:40 pm
Heard that Peavey kid wasn't too bad.

I should have wrote Arkansas HIGH SCHOOL kids. Ill edit it.

yraciv

I highly doubt Isaac Jackson is a 4 star, maybe a low three as an athlete. He isn't that explosive and doesn't have the arm to play quarterback at the next level. Good looking athlete/bloodlines, but I don't see him picking up major offers.

I'm not as sold on this in state class as some. Of course Bijohn Jackson, Frazier, Day, & Cooper Id take in a second, but I'm not sure on the others. If I were guessing I'd think Ota gets an offer too, maybe Kraus, but a lot of those guys will have to earn one at camp ala Beanum.

thebignasty

Deandre Murray at Springdale is a sleeper.  I've seen his name tossed around this forum a few times.  I think he's the real deal.

MRPRFCT

Heard Isaac Jackson had an out-of-this world vertical at some combine in which he hit the top bar.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: pfrg999 on January 14, 2013, 02:46:10 pm

That is a Big Ol Boy.. what is his foot work like ???

all the potential but not over powering at all.. looks very timid

Bubba's Bruisers

Isn't there a WR/ATH out of Fayetteville too?  Don't know the name.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

pfrg999

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on January 14, 2013, 06:20:02 pm

Thank you... +1
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

tophawg19

camden fairview will have a couple make that list by seasons end . the claiborne kid , a sophmore d-linemen is one we will want to pay attention to in the future .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hawkinsas

Jakahari Howell 6'0 185 ATH. Arkadelphia

whosiskid

Jarvis Cooper is already a 4 star player, so that ought to be fixed.

I'm very excited about Deandre Murray. An "Ath" that Arkansas will probably recruit as a CB. Fastest kid in this class. A tad undersized but makes up for it with speed.

Jabe Burgess is a very good QB. Already has an offer from Illinois. Tyler Wilson's cousin.

Isaac Jackson will probably be a 4 star Ath. He converted to QB and had a great year, blows people away at combines. We'll probably offer him at WR. The person who said he will be a low 3 star is misinformed. He will be one of the 4 or 5 most heavily recruited kids in Arkansas.

Jordan Dennis is the Ath out of Fayetteville. I think Arkansas would offer him as a WR.

Jake Hall plays beside Josh Frazier and is a great DE, but might make it to college as an offensive linemen.

Jalen Curtis, a WR from Russellville, attended several Arkansas games. Scouting report is ideal at first: very fast, great hands, runs good routes and runs well after the catch, but then you reach the one negative: 5'9. He clearly wants to go to Arkansas, but the height could prove his undoing, unless he grows a couple of inches this year.

The kids I think Arkansas will pursue hardest are Isaac Jackson, Jarvis Cooper, Deandre Murray, and Jordan Dennis. Normally I think they'd have Ota as one of their major targets, but with Frazier, Bijohn Jackson, and Craig Evans (who lives in Wisconsin but grew up in the South and has explicitly said he'd like to play somewhere warmer; he is rated very nearly as high as Frazier, and is extremely interested in Arkansas), I think they would go after Ota only if they wanted four DTs. They might. I think Kraus will get a long look.

One kid Arkansas probably won't go after but will end up playing well at a lower level Div One school is Josh Qualls. He has everything you want in a QB except size. 6'0 and skinny. Maybe he gets lucky and grows a little but looks unlikely.

But a weird year. Three QBs that in some years we would have recruited, but I don't think we'll go after any except maybe Isaac Jackson as a WR. Interest in him is growing and some are predicting he'll make some lists of top players, like maybe ESPN 300 list.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

thebignasty

Not sold on Jordan Dennis. I would love to be wrong.

The_Iceman

Craig Evans: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Craig-Evans-131337

Good lord! Can you imagine a defensive line with Evans (350lbs), Frazier (320lbs), and Jackson (325lbs)? You might as well pass on the goal line against us because you won't be running it in.

BossHog12

Highly doubt Kraus gets a good look. He's got great size but I don't think he's SEC caliber guy. But what do I know?

whosiskid

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 14, 2013, 09:27:38 pm
Craig Evans: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Craig-Evans-131337

Good lord! Can you imagine a defensive line with Evans (350lbs), Frazier (320lbs), and Jackson (325lbs)? You might as well pass on the goal line against us because you won't be running it in.

The thing I would love is that along with Philon and Monty Nelson, we would have an extraordinary rotation. They'd keep each other fresh and would really wear out the other team's offensive line. How would you like to block against those guys for four quarters?

The thing about great lines - whether offensive or defensive - is that they really show the effect in the fourth quarter.

I'm really excited about these guys.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

razorbacksnum1

There's no way that rivals gives out that many 4 stars in Arkansas in 2014. We had two 4 stars in 2013 - Tenpenny and Henry- and both of them are ranked in the top 100 players in the country!

I see Arkansas having at the max 3 players getting 4 stars in 2014 and no five stars.

Cobbler

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on January 14, 2013, 10:08:47 pm
There's no way that rivals gives out that many 4 stars in Arkansas in 2014. We had two 4 stars in 2013 - Tenpenny and Henry- and both of them are ranked in the top 100 players in the country!

I see Arkansas having at the max 3 players getting 4 stars in 2014 and no five stars.

The state had four Rivals 100 players in 2001, so it's possible...just not likely.

Cedric Houston, De'Arrius Howard, Jeb Huckeba, and Shawn Andrews were all four stars, all top 70.

whosiskid

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on January 14, 2013, 10:08:47 pm

Well, Frazier, Cooper, and Jackson are already 4 star players by at least one service. Josh Frazier is an extremely high 4 star on several services. He could get bumped quite easily to five stars by at least one service. 247 has one of his lowest ratings with a very high 4 and a 96 score, but averages out his rating with all services to 98.19, which is just a hair from being 5 stars. Scout has him the #2 DT.

Juan Day was as effective in a back up role as Tenpenny, the very high 4 star starter. Hard to see how teams could not give him 4 stars, especially if he has a big time senior year. The national reputation of Isaac Jackson has been building lately. The interesting thing about his will be what position he wants to play in college and which schools want him for what. But if he does well at this summer's combines and camps, he could easily be a 4 star, probably as an Ath. And I think Deandre Murray, who blows throw events at combines, will also get a 4 based on his camp performances.

There is a reason that people are saying that this is one of the best classes out of the state in years, and that is because there are a lot of good players. 2013, on the other hand, was a pretty weak year.

Arkansas WR

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 14, 2013, 06:31:49 pm
Isn't there a WR/ATH out of Fayetteville too?  Don't know the name.
Jordan Dennis

piggysue

Jordan Dennis a junior at Fayetteville is receiving attention from D1 schools.  He will be recruited as ATH.  He can play WR/CB equally well.  This kid brings it.

CallThoseHawgs

Madre London is a name to keep a eye on, he used to go to Bryant but moved to Florida. Was getting contacted by the old staff, we will see if the new staff will continue talking to him. He already picked up a offer from Cinncinati.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wahls

January 20, 2013, 11:02:36 pm #26 Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:15:08 pm by Wahls
Quote from: Hawkinsas on January 14, 2013, 06:53:24 pm
Jakahari Howell 6'0 185 ATH. Arkadelphia

Kid's a freak but not sure he ends up at Arkansas.

EDIT: Von Eric Gonder is another guy to look out for that hasn't been mentioned. WR from Warren. Cousin of Gragg. I think he's got some potential.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

MRPRFCT

Quote from: Wahls on January 20, 2013, 11:02:36 pm
Kid's a freak but not sure he ends up at Arkansas.

EDIT: Von Eric Gonder is another guy to look out for that hasn't been mentioned. WR from Warren. Cousin of Gragg. I think he's got some potential.

He's listed in my OP.

HogInFlorida

Arkansas 2014 looks like it could be the best in state class in recent years.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Tim Harris

Quote from: BossHog12 on January 14, 2013, 09:29:07 pm
Highly doubt Kraus gets a good look. He's got great size but I don't think he's SEC caliber guy. But what do I know?

We offered him yesterday.

fullfan

Quote from: whosiskid on January 14, 2013, 07:27:27 pm

Isaac Jackson will probably be a 4 star Ath. He converted to QB and had a great year, blows people away at combines. We'll probably offer him at WR. The person who said he will be a low 3 star is misinformed. He will be one of the 4 or 5 most heavily recruited kids in Arkansas.

Not 100% sure if Ike Junior will follow but his daddy Ike Senior went to Okie State and still wears OSU hat and gear.   Family is from Arkansas though.

Steef

Guys,

I live out of State. Have for years. I can't be there to see Friday night lights.

Thank you.

itsamomthang

Quote from: HogInFlorida on January 23, 2013, 05:15:51 am
I'm optimistic.  WPS!!!
The bravest thing a man can do is to remain silent in a chanting crowd.  - Rukshana Smith (Rainbows of the Gutter)

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: HogInFlorida on January 23, 2013, 05:15:51 am

Agreed. I hopped on Rivals this morning for fun to look at 2014 commits. Was very fun to see 3 commits already. 2-4*s plus Juan Day still blank(3-4* for sure)! Not that this is new to anyone, but very encouraging to say the least.

Alabama only has 1 commit so far, a 4*. Doesn't mean anything yet, but for those recruit rankings people we are technically beating Bama for now. Good times ahead.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

ldfergu

Quote from: BossHog12 on January 14, 2013, 09:29:07 pm
Not very much.  He has been offered

Flatline

Quote from: fullfan on January 23, 2013, 07:30:51 am
Not 100% sure if Ike Junior will follow but his daddy Ike Senior went to Okie State and still wears OSU hat and gear.   Family is from Arkansas though.

His father has told me that his son will be a QB in college so that will limit what school he goes to.  He is a great WR and an average QB. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: MRPRFCT on January 14, 2013, 02:34:23 pm

Possible 5 star prospect. Likely a 4 star.

*Juan Day RB 6-2 210 NLR
Likely a 4 star.

Likely a 4 star.

Likely a 3 star.

I'm trying to post guys Arkansas could be interested in. If you know anyone let me know. If you think any on the list aren't SEC quality, let me know please.

It's become very obvious that with this staff, as with many, it's NEVER too early to be discussing '14 and even beyond.

whosiskid

Quote from: itsamomthang on January 23, 2013, 08:28:05 am
I'm optimistic.  WPS!!!

I hope you are optimistic about your son!!!!

As great as this class is, if Josh doesn't commit to Arkansas, there will be this big ugly void at the center of the class, sort of like Tenpenny this year. Jarvis Cooper is up there just below your son, since he'll either be playing SDE or MLB (I think most schools envision him as a middle line backer). I think we could end up with 8 to 12 Arkansas kids in the 2014 class, but there will be this sense of enormous loss if we didn't get Josh and Jarvis.

If Josh does commit to Arkansas, along with Bijohn Jackson, Jarvis Cooper, Deandre Murray (who I think will play CB in college), Raymond Wingo (Ronnie's brother, who will be one of the highest ranked CBs in the country), Craig Evans (the DT from Wisconsin who moved there a year ago from the South), and Chuks Ota, we would have the core for an absolutely unbelievable defense.

I know we are jumping the gun here, since the 2013 class isn't even in the books yet, but 2014 really looks like it is going to be something special.

redleg

Quote from: MRPRFCT on January 14, 2013, 02:34:23 pm

*Juan Day RB 6-2 210 NLR
Likely a 4 star.

Likely a 4 star.

Likely a 3 star.

I like your assessment of Frazier and Jackson. Both a possible 5* guys, and both are currently 4*.
Cooper is also a current 4* player, and could be the next MLB for the Hogs.
Isaac Jackson is no where near a 4* guy. 3* maybe, but not 4.
Juan Day, once he gets some evals at camps, and if he stays healthy and produces big stats in the season, he will climb the recruiting and stars ladder. His potential is through the roof!
Chuks Ota...first of all, that is a GREAT football name! Second, this kid is awesome, and should be a high 3*. He's also president of his high school class.
Kraus has an offer from the Hogs, and will start out as a mid 3* guy.
I don't know much about Colquitt, Gonder, Newton, or Alexander, but I don't think they will be highly rated.
As far as Cagle goes, I have it on good authority that he most likely will NOT get an offer from Arkansas. He's big and strong, but doesn't have the overall talent. He's a UCA or Ark Tech kinda guy.
Others you didn't mention that will be seriously considered:
WR Jordan Dennis 6'2" 180 lbs. 4.5 Fayetteville
WR Deandre Murray 5'11" 170 lbs. 4.33 Springdale
DE Jake Hall 6'5" 245 lbs. 4.8 Springdale Har-Ber
QB Jabe Burgess 6'3" 190 lbs. 4.7 Greenwood - Tyler Wilson's cousin
OL Will Jones 6'5" 305 lbs. 5.2 Parkers Chapel
WR Jalen Curtis 5'9" 170 lbs. 4.4 Russellville
OL Isaac Johnson 6'5" 270 lbs. 5.0 Springdale Har-Ber
LB Brock Dassero 6'2" 225 lbs. 4.6 Springdale Har-Ber
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

MRPRFCT

Quote from: redleg on January 23, 2013, 02:44:54 pm
I like your assessment of Frazier and Jackson. Both a possible 5* guys, and both are currently 4*.
Cooper is also a current 4* player, and could be the next MLB for the Hogs.
Isaac Jackson is no where near a 4* guy. 3* maybe, but not 4.
Juan Day, once he gets some evals at camps, and if he stays healthy and produces big stats in the season, he will climb the recruiting and stars ladder. His potential is through the roof!
Chuks Ota...first of all, that is a GREAT football name! Second, this kid is awesome, and should be a high 3*. He's also president of his high school class.
Kraus has an offer from the Hogs, and will start out as a mid 3* guy.
I don't know much about Colquitt, Gonder, Newton, or Alexander, but I don't think they will be highly rated.
As far as Cagle goes, I have it on good authority that he most likely will NOT get an offer from Arkansas. He's big and strong, but doesn't have the overall talent. He's a UCA or Ark Tech kinda guy.
Others you didn't mention that will be seriously considered:
WR Jordan Dennis 6'2" 180 lbs. 4.5 Fayetteville
WR Deandre Murray 5'11" 170 lbs. 4.33 Springdale
DE Jake Hall 6'5" 245 lbs. 4.8 Springdale Har-Ber
QB Jabe Burgess 6'3" 190 lbs. 4.7 Greenwood - Tyler Wilson's cousin
OL Will Jones 6'5" 305 lbs. 5.2 Parkers Chapel
WR Jalen Curtis 5'9" 170 lbs. 4.4 Russellville
OL Isaac Johnson 6'5" 270 lbs. 5.0 Springdale Har-Ber
LB Brock Dassero 6'2" 225 lbs. 4.6 Springdale Har-Ber

Alexander is DMacs cousin and may be the fastest kid in the state.

lumphog

Quote from: MRPRFCT on January 23, 2013, 03:31:18 pm

He should get an offer just for that!!!

DeltaBoy

The Kid from Hoxie should have a shot to start pretty quick.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dozerdogg

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on January 14, 2013, 06:20:02 pm
He is not timid whatsoever. Needs to work on feet and strength. He is built the right way(arm, leg length, hips). Has a high potential ceiling

jb11

Quote from: MRPRFCT on January 23, 2013, 03:31:18 pm
Also had the top score at a combine held down in Cowboys stadium last summer.

itsamomthang

Quote from: whosiskid on January 14, 2013, 07:27:27 pm

I'm very excited about Deandre Murray. An "Ath" that Arkansas will probably recruit as a CB. Fastest kid in this class. A tad undersized but makes up for it with speed.

Jabe Burgess is a very good QB. Already has an offer from Illinois. Tyler Wilson's cousin.

Jordan Dennis is the Ath out of Fayetteville. I think Arkansas would offer him as a WR.

Jake Hall plays beside Josh Frazier and is a great DE, but might make it to college as an offensive linemen.

Jalen Curtis, a WR from Russellville, attended several Arkansas games. Scouting report is ideal at first: very fast, great hands, runs good routes and runs well after the catch, but then you reach the one negative: 5'9. He clearly wants to go to Arkansas, but the height could prove his undoing, unless he grows a couple of inches this year.

The kids I think Arkansas will pursue hardest are Isaac Jackson, Jarvis Cooper, Deandre Murray, and Jordan Dennis. Normally I think they'd have Ota as one of their major targets, but with Frazier, Bijohn Jackson, and Craig Evans (who lives in Wisconsin but grew up in the South and has explicitly said he'd like to play somewhere warmer; he is rated very nearly as high as Frazier, and is extremely interested in Arkansas), I think they would go after Ota only if they wanted four DTs. They might. I think Kraus will get a long look.

One kid Arkansas probably won't go after but will end up playing well at a lower level Div One school is Josh Qualls. He has everything you want in a QB except size. 6'0 and skinny. Maybe he gets lucky and grows a little but looks unlikely.

But a weird year. Three QBs that in some years we would have recruited, but I don't think we'll go after any except maybe Isaac Jackson as a WR. Interest in him is growing and some are predicting he'll make some lists of top players, like maybe ESPN 300 list.
Nice post.  +1
The bravest thing a man can do is to remain silent in a chanting crowd.  - Rukshana Smith (Rainbows of the Gutter)

ricepig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 24, 2013, 12:59:45 pm
The Kid from Hoxie should have a shot to start pretty quick.

What??? Have you ever watched him play, did you see him in KM's highlights? I've only seen him in some team camps last summer, but I'd say he is a project at this time.

varrichione

Kaylen Burks from Malvern is a FS.  I believe he led the state with nine or ten picks.  always around the ball.  I don't know his speed, but he's in the 4.5 range I think.

Tim Harris

These guys are the ones I really want us to land.  It would be nice to get others but these are at the top of my list.

Josh Frazier DT 6-4 320 Springdale Har-Ber
Bijhon Jackson DT 6-3 315 El Dorado
Juan Day RB 6-2 210 NLR
Jack Kraus TE 6-5 235 Bentonville

72756Hog

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 01, 2013, 12:00:17 pm
These guys are the ones I really want us to land.  It would be nice to get others but these are at the top of my list.

Josh Frazier DT 6-4 320 Springdale Har-Ber
Bijhon Jackson DT 6-3 315 El Dorado
Juan Day RB 6-2 210 NLR
Jack Kraus TE 6-5 235 Bentonville
I think those are the guys we need to land, especially if we get bad news on NSD. If this class underwhelms, it's because of things outside CBB's control. Next year though, he has to land the big ones in the state.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just drag you down to their level and win by experience.