Tim Harris

Well there you have it. that will leave us with 4 QBs

Brandon Mitchell
Brandon Allen
Taylor Reed
Austin Allen

k.c.hawg

I'll be stunned if they just sign one.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Let Tyler know Razorback Nation wishs him nothing but the best. He is a Great Kid

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 16, 2012, 08:35:42 am
Let Tyler know Razorback Nation wishs him nothing but the best. He is a Great Kid

That he is for sure.

Will do.

The_Iceman

secneahog

I always liked Tyler but if that's what coach BB wants then we gotta respect it.
Rafe in 2014 helps also...stud.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

online-with-swine

I bet we see another OL or DL recruit pop up in the next couple weeks.

Hawghiggs

I hope the Allen boys are worth it.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 16, 2012, 08:52:12 am
I hope the Allen boys are worth it.
you don't start in 7A and not be worth it....with back to back state championships.  I remember a time when a majority thought we screwed the pooch on TW.  remember, he couldn't take a snap from under center without fumbling it.

PP

hogzilla3

I hate to hear this, Tyler has been committed to the hogs for a while and he seems like a good kid!

Hogeration

This is a mistake.  He is better than other QB recruits. 

hogzilla3

A Allen in '13 and Rafe in '14 is probably a reason!

ricepig

Change in staff, change in our needs. It's no different than a committ changing his mind with the coaching staff being replaced. I think some off you would sign 50 kids, but we can't, 25/26 will be our number and the staff must feel that we have more pressing needs than 2 QB's in this class. We definitely need OL and DT help, along with some LB's.

tophawg19

with no proven qb . and reid a walk-on and mitchell a  WR  candidate this makes no sense . we have seen in the nutt years that it's not impossible to get 3 hurt in 1 season . he went to intermurels [sp] to find one .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

davispard

I'm very "OK" with this as long as CBB contacted him directly, which he did.  When the/a decision is made on a recruit, either to honor or "pull" an offer, as long as that is done in an above board direct way; that is the way it is.  Just as in a business, you have to make tough decisions everyday; you learn to deal with them....   I respect CBB for his decision, and I feel terrible for Tyler, but both will go on to bigger and better things.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 16, 2012, 09:28:58 am
with no proven qb . and reid a walk-on and mitchell a  WR  candidate this makes no sense . we have seen in the nutt years that it's not impossible to get 3 hurt in 1 season . he went to intermurels [sp] to find one .
Mitchell already said he wouldn't be a WR next yr.  Maybe, juuuuuust maybe the signing a top heavy class of WR and QB's are over and we sign what we truly need.

just a thought....

Pulled out...

ricepig

Mitchell's already been told that he is going back to QB, we won't need 17 WR's like Bobby had, I bet Coach Beilema has an idea of what he wants. This year, you had Tyler  and when he went down, you had the two Brandon's.

JaketheSnake

Hope the kid has others still pursuing him. 

thekid

We have three qbs with at least some gametime exp... mitchell, allen, and reed. Reed being here is the reason we dont need another qb this class. started as a true frosh and threw 10 tds and 4 picks... not too bad. We need another dt not 2 qbs.

JackJohnson

Quote from: thekid on December 16, 2012, 09:46:50 am
We have three qbs with at least some gametime exp... mitchell, allen, and reed. Reed being here is the reason we dont need another qb this class. started as a true frosh and threw 10 tds and 4 picks... not too bad. We need another dt not 2 qbs.

Yep- and Austin would be 4th string and would redshirt.  Lets be honest- if it got to ur 4th string QB who is a true frosh slated to redshirt ur season is going to be a lost cause anyway so what difference would it make having that extra scholarship QB??  I'd rather take just Allen this year and Peavy next year and take another OL or defensive player

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: JackJohnson on December 16, 2012, 09:52:16 am
Yep- and Austin would be 4th string and would redshirt.  Lets be honest- if it got to ur 4th string QB who is a true frosh slated to redshirt ur season is going to be a lost cause anyway so what difference would it make having that extra scholarship QB??  I'd rather take just Allen this year and Peavy next year and take another OL or defensive player
I personally think that CBB would correct the issue with the OL before we got 4 deep in our QB rotation

PP

AugustaHog

We have to be able to compete in the trenches.  Our QB play has not been the issue the last few seasons.   I think having three scholly players will be enough at that position.  I'm glad this decision was made quickly, so that a great kid like Tyler will be able to find himself a spot at another school.  While they are saying we are only taking one QB, I wouldn't rule out taking another if he is a freak player.  Many are saying that Woulard is that type of kid.  Who knows if there's interest from either side?

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on December 16, 2012, 09:33:16 am
Mitchell already said he wouldn't be a WR next yr.  Maybe, juuuuuust maybe the signing a top heavy class of WR and QB's are over and we sign what we truly need.

just a thought....

Pulled out...

Amen. Time to stop signing fantasy football draft classes and focus on building depth in the true difference making areas in the SEC like offensive line and defensive front seven.

hoggnthesec

What happened to Brian Buehner is'nt he still on the roster ?

3BoarsDown

We just hired one of the best QB coaches in the country, this isn't the Nutt years.

Cogswell won't be the only recruit let go, CBB has to get his players if we want to win.

scruf

We're keeping the better of the two between Austin and Tyler and if you don't believe that then you have an agenda against facts and statistics. As mentioned, that would give us 5 QBs if you include Buehner and 6 if you count Brett Weir as an emergency QB.

Hogs-n-Roses

Nothing about this staff or anything they're doing resembles the Nuttzzi's. These guys win conference championships and until I see different I am on board.

JackJohnson

Quote from: scruf on December 16, 2012, 10:33:59 am
We're keeping the better of the two between Austin and Tyler and if you don't believe that then you have an agenda against facts and statistics. As mentioned, that would give us 5 QBs if you include Buehner and 6 if you count Brett Weir as an emergency QB.

Also we have walk on QB Davis McElroy who looked pretty good in the spring. 

The Hawg Marshal

CBB has to make the tough calls. I hate it for Tyler, but there has to be a reason and I'll trust CBB until there is a reason not to.

Steef

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 16, 2012, 08:35:42 am

This.

Dont know the kid, but hes handled himself well.

Godspeed to him.

redswarmrising

who the heck is this Reed kid y'all are talking about?

???

redswarmrising

btw if y'all are gonna mention walk-ons,don't forget about Buehner

Oklahawg

You all act like we are recruiting a hander-offer. :)

None the less, we are okay with QB depth (not optimal, probably) but are not okay all across the roster. We are needing an extra JUCO LB than we originally thought (Longino or Hewitt), for example.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Someone better tell Blanchard that right now, not getting a call from CBB may be better than getting one.

EFBAB

mtnmusic

Quote from: JaketheSnake on December 16, 2012, 09:36:56 am
Hope the kid has others still pursuing him. 

Watch him end up at Idaho.

thekid

WKU lock... the way the last 12 months have gone... is there any doubt?

passinghog

Stang1970

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 16, 2012, 08:24:43 am
I'll be stunned if they just sign one.

Well if CBB says they are only going to sign one QB then that is his plan.  What we think he will do doesnt really matter.

Tim Harris

Quote from: redswarmrising on December 16, 2012, 11:22:54 am
who the heck is this Reed kid y'all are talking about?

???

Transfer from Memphis.

aloha_kid

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 16, 2012, 08:37:01 am
That he is for sure.

Will do.

Hate to lose him.  Looking at his twitter feed he appears to have his head screwed on straight and very mature.  You can never have too many of those kinda players on your roster.

whosiskid

Reed is from El Dorado, where his younger brother is currently an excellent QB.

He went to Memphis and started most of the season as a true freshman. He could well be someone who would do well in the new system if they are looking for a QB who can throw and has mobility. He is a lefty.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: aloha_kid on December 16, 2012, 12:53:22 pm
Hate to lose him.  Looking at his twitter feed he appears to have his head screwed on straight and very mature.  You can never have too many of those kinda players on your roster.
but you can, and that's not a knock on the kid.....we need 4 deep depth in other positions that matter.  qb position will be ok.

PP

online-with-swine

Only one QB can be on the field at any one time.  However, you need 2 tackles, 2-3 cb, 2 dts, 3 lbs etc. 

We had an awfull D and OL last year.  Going a little more conservative on offense will help both of those out this year and may help keep your qb upright.

aloha_kid

Quote from: KnilesKankle on December 16, 2012, 02:04:15 pm
Only one QB can be on the field at any one time.  However, you need 2 tackles, 2-3 cb, 2 dts, 3 lbs etc. 

We had an awfull D and OL last year.  Going a little more conservative on offense will help both of those out this year and may help keep your qb upright.

We also had a problem keeping the QB upright and on the field (healthy).  Same problem we had the year before.  I understand CBB's rationale, I just hate to get in a situation were you lose a player to injury and we're hitting the  flag football teams to find a QB.

thebignasty

Quote from: aloha_kid on December 16, 2012, 02:18:10 pm
We also had a problem keeping the QB upright and on the field (healthy).  Same problem we had the year before.  I understand CBB's rationale, I just hate to get in a situation were you lose a player to injury and we're hitting the  flag football teams to find a QB.
We'd have to lose 4 before we got to our walkons.  That's Maryland, or Nutt at USCe luck.

ReversePart34

Feel bad for him but that's life. Looking at his offer list I can see why he feels so bad. He likely will end up at Florida International or South Alabama. He also had an offer from Nebraska but I'm sure they are set at this point in the process.

Pork Twain

I hate it for him but this is what the big boys do.  You have to get the best players for your system that are the biggest priority.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

JaxFlaRazorback

Quote from: whosiskid on December 16, 2012, 01:59:25 pm
Reed is from El Dorado......He went to Memphis and started.......as a Freshman......He could well be someone who would do well in the new system......can throw and has mobility.

We should all keep that in mind, because you'll be saluted as a prophet by fall.  Let's see where he is on the depth chart after Spring practice as he could very well be first or second.  He's a Coach's son, a lifelong student of the game, and possess' a very thorough understanding of the game (like Mallett).  I believe he will be an important player for us before he graduates.