• 389,026 Topics
• 22,020 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: COACH B 'S a solid hire but ..........  (Read 5533 times)

Fayettechill14

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
Re: COACH B 'S a solid hire but ..........
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2012, 01:34:31 pm »

Sometimes I think you just make stuff up about recruiting. The #2 and #3 players in the state of Oklahoma last year were Barry Sanders Jr. (Stanford) and Alex Ross (OU).

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2930

And NWA is a better recruiting area than people give it credit for?? No, it's not. That couldn't be less true. Show me the recruits out of NWA that have been tearing up the SEC recently??

#5 and #6, sorry. I was thinking of #2 WR and #3 RB out of Oklahoma and got confused. Either way, good gets for us there.

I didn't mean NWA, I meant all of Arkansas. That's our base. We are a one-school state. Tyler Wilson, Jarius Wright, Joe Adams, Greg Childs, Chris Gragg, Austin Tate, Dennis Johnson, Byran Jones, AJ Turner, and Zach Hocker all had/are having fine careers. The 2008 class was loaded with offensive skill positions. In 2006 all four starters on the DL were from Little Rock.

We can reasonably expect 5 good prospects from the state annually, with a "big" class coming through every 3-4 years (7-8 solid prospects). That's just the good ones, we'll probably take a risk or two each year on an in-state guy (one like Morgan Linton paid off, one like Rhett Lashlee did not).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas