Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach to be named within 10 days

Started by Music City Hog, November 24, 2012, 10:30:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Break & Run

Sounds like it could be Chris Petersen.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

SquidBilly

He's really going out on a limb there.  Geez.

SONofHAM

Petersens contract states that he has to coach whatever bowl game they go to.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Hogbrokerz

It sounds like Petersen is it for sure, I agree
Jack Bauer can strangle you with a cordless phone.

rhames

The only thing he is going off of is what long said over a month ago.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

MDH

Early december isn't mid december.

This pretty much locks it in to be a college coach who is currently coaching or (through some pretty flaky conspiracy type thinking) Bill Cowher because of who his employer is.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

HamIAm

What does this statement mean? That they don't have to leave until the new coach is hired?

QuoteArkansas assistants have the option to remain pending the hiring of the new coach.

The new coach can hire his own staff, and if he wants to hire someone on the current staff obviously they can stay. What are they trying to say?

The_Iceman

Quote from: SONofHAM on November 24, 2012, 10:33:46 am

I'm sure that is negotiable. Or, he could be announced and agree to stay and coach the final game.

Break & Run

Quote from: SONofHAM on November 24, 2012, 10:33:46 am

Doesn't matter if they buy him out.  Guess what?  Petersen's butouy is $750,000!

Wow, that's chump change for that good of a coach!
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Tim Harris

Quote from: HamIAm on November 24, 2012, 10:37:33 am
What does this statement mean? That they don't have to leave until the new coach is hired?

The new coach can hire his own staff, and if he wants to hire someone on the current staff obviously they can stay. What are they trying to say?

Correct. We are going to continue to pay them until the new coach is here. They are all looking though.

Break & Run

They can stay and continue to get paid until they are later terminated, or they can be released from their contracts and leave today without penalty.

SONofHAM

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2012, 10:37:40 am
I'm sure that is negotiable. Or, he could be announced and agree to stay and coach the final game.
i would think they could work something out.  Even if he did have to stay and coach they play on Dec 29th I think
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Tim Harris

Quote from: ATLpiggie on November 24, 2012, 10:33:39 am

Kind of what I was thinking. Anyone with half brain already stated that was the timeline.

Break & Run

Quote from: MDH on November 24, 2012, 10:36:51 am
Early december isn't mid december.

This pretty much locks it in to be a college coach who is currently coaching or (through some pretty flaky conspiracy type thinking) Bill Cowher because of who his employer is.

I had to re-read that, too.  Go back and look.  He said Long PREVIOUSLY said it would be mid-December but now says 7-10 days which would be, at latest, December 5th.

texas tush hog

They will be paid until the first of the year or until they find another job.

Jackson_64

Quote from: Hogbrokerz on November 24, 2012, 10:33:54 am
It sounds like Petersen is it for sure, I agree

Am I missing something?  How does this announcement point to petersen??  It says nothing except that Long does indeed have his guy.
Lane Kiffin.

And it is way closer to happening then you think.

Way closer.

PRJ

davis01

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/14
Check out this site.  All coaches mentioned as of recent all have games next weekend which makes sense for the 10 day timing.  Grundy, Patterson, Peterson, Strong, Pelini, Malzahn.  All have games next week.

MDH

Quote from: The Mafia on November 24, 2012, 10:41:08 am
I had to re-read that, too.  Go back and look.  He said Long PREVIOUSLY said it would be mid-December but now says 7-10 days which would be, at latest, December 5th.

Which is what I was getting at, I should have quoted this post:

Quote from: ATLpiggie on November 24, 2012, 10:33:39 am
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

jjdlc

It's a very safe statement.  At this point they can now get papers signed.  If it's a college coach who still has a game next week, then we will likely not get an announcement till next Sunday at the earliest.  If it's any of the unemployed coaches, or ones who finish regular season play today, then we could find out as early as this evening, but more likely tomorrow.

At any rate, from this point forward, things really get interesting.

MDH

Quote from: jjdlc on November 24, 2012, 10:43:48 am
It's a very safe statement.  At this point they can now get papers signed.  If it's a college coach who still has a game next week, then we will likely not get an announcement till next Sunday at the earliest.  If it's any of the unemployed coaches, or ones who finish regular season play today, then we could find out as early as this evening, but more likely tomorrow.

At any rate, from this point forward, things really get interesting.

I'm just glad this is finally about over.  I will miss some of the lunacy, but not that much.

Break & Run

Quote from: davis01 on November 24, 2012, 10:42:41 am
Check out this site.  All coaches mentioned as of recent all have games next weekend which makes sense for the 10 day timing.  Grundy, Patterson, Peterson, Strong, Pelini, Malzahn.  All have games next week.

PETERSEN!! not peterson.

Hogbrokerz

Quote from: ja95219 on November 24, 2012, 10:42:29 am
Am I missing something?  How does this announcement point to petersen??  It says nothing except that Long does indeed have his guy.

It's more of a gut feeling. Not claiming sources...but the wording and description of Long's new hire fits Petersen and lots of smoke from people who would have a little bit of of inside info.
Jack Bauer can strangle you with a cordless phone.

MDH

Quote from: Hogbrokerz on November 24, 2012, 10:48:08 am
It's more of a gut feeling. Not claiming sources...but the wording and description of Long's new hire fits Petersen and lots of smoke from people who would have a little bit of of inside info.

The 'wording and description' of Long's new hire has been rehashed through countless hires here and elsewhere.  It means nothing, but it has to be said.

davril98

Quote from: The Mafia on November 24, 2012, 10:39:47 am
http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/04/16/ccripe/here_are_details_boise_state_football_coach_chris_petersens_new_
Gonna be hard to keep turning down offers to more than double what you're making.  And I'm sure the "have to stay until the bowl game" thing would be of little concern.

Rayzor

Quote from: The Mafia on November 24, 2012, 10:47:22 am
PETERSEN!! not peterson.

Mafia, where do you keep getting pictures of my wife??   ;)

Break & Run

Quote from: Rayzor on November 24, 2012, 11:17:17 am
Mafia, where do you keep getting pictures of my wife??   ;)

Well, this morning when you were hunting, she gave me a lesson in keeping people hot.

Just sayin'...

AchieveHog

Quote from: davril98 on November 24, 2012, 10:59:35 am
Gonna be hard to keep turning down offers to more than double what you're making.  And I'm sure the "have to stay until the bowl game" thing would be of little concern.

It's not about the money for Peterson. This has been discussed so many times. He has a son who had stage 4 Cancer, who is recovering. The Altitude according to the Doctors is why he has stayed in Boise, because it's better for his Ill son. He turned down Tennessee's 4 Million+ offer over 3 years ago. Peterson and Gruden are both pipe dreams.

HawgAlude

It is not Petersen it will be Gary Patterson especially with his Texas ties, GP will be our next coach which is why some of you all would consider it a home run and some would not.

Chris Petersen would be a home run but it is not him.

Tequilin' Time

Quote from: The Mafia on November 24, 2012, 11:22:29 am
Well, this morning when you were hunting, she gave me a lesson in keeping people hot.

Just sayin'...

If a man has a wife like that, he stops hunting.  he has the trophy but now has to defend his victory.

silverandbluedc

Quote from: davis01 on November 24, 2012, 10:42:41 am

Quote from: The Mafia on November 24, 2012, 10:47:22 am
PETERSEN!! not peterson.

And GUNDY not GRUNDY.