Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's official

Started by HF#1, November 24, 2012, 10:12:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ATLHog

Finally...they've had that typed up and ready to send for about 3 months now.

razorbackcpa

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Today, it's good to be a Razorback.

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

NorthshoreBoar

A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

GalaHawg

Step 1 is done...

Let's get on with step 2 asap please

KMB90

Schaap said that JLS will remain on staff through his 10 month contract...What are they going to have him do???

Jackson_64

Fantastic news!  Now, onto the next part...
Lane Kiffin.

And it is way closer to happening then you think.

Way closer.

PRJ

HardCore

Quote from: KMB90 on November 24, 2012, 10:15:36 am
Schaap said that JLS will remain on staff through his 10 month contract...What are they going to have him do???

SMILE!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HF#1

Quote from: KMB90 on November 24, 2012, 10:15:36 am

He will be a consultant.  They are sending him to a recliner in front of his tv.  I do not think he will have any official duties.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

SONofHAM

It's been a crazy season.  Now things are about to get down right insane.  Buckle up Hog fans
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Harleigh Hog

Now we're cooking with peanut oil!

Now hurry up and get to the next step, PLEASE!!!

razorbackcpa

Quote from: HogFan#1 on November 24, 2012, 10:16:46 am
He will be a consultant.  They are sending him to a recliner in front of his tv.  I do not think he will have any official duties.

In other words, they are waiting until the end of his contract to pay him the rest of his salary, so his bankruptcy preceding will be finalized. This is a pity move from JLS.

HOGney Dangerfield

The "option of remaining on the football staff" that is interesting that it isn't the new coaches decision. At least that's how I take it. Am I the only one?

CallThemHawgs!

Whew... that was nice to read

Atl_Hog

Now the other shoe needs to drop...
Wooo Pig Sooie!!!

razorbackcpa

Quote from: SECsBEST_HOGS on November 24, 2012, 10:19:21 am
The "option of remaining on the football staff" that is interesting that it isn't the new coaches decision. At least that's how I take it. Am I the only one?

Yeah, it reads funny, but it's basically saying the new coach will decide who stays.

Tater3530

Finally.... now let's get on with it.....there's recruits to go get

HF#1

No, they have the option to stay until new coach is hired.

SONofHAM

it is the new coach's decision.  They have the option to stay on staff IF the new coach asks him to.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Harleigh Hog

FWIW, fayettenamsam and trey schapp were the first to bring this out. Thanks for the info and keep it coming!

corpitguy

Good luck in all future endeavors to JLS. Just glad his future isn't here.

davis01

If you read the press release there are only a few coaches that meet the criteria Jeff Long spoke about regarding our new coach.  Who meets the specific criteria?

Harleigh Hog

Quote from: Harleigh Hog on November 24, 2012, 10:21:13 am
FWIW, fayettenamsam and trey schapp were the first to bring this out. Thanks for the info and keep it coming!

Oh, and HogpitBBQ also brought good info to the table as well. Just trying to sort out the informed vs the speculators.

UncleFrank

He'll be spending a lot of time at Harp's, saying, "paper or plastic?" and "can I help you out with that?"  ;D

razorbackcpa

Quote from: davis01 on November 24, 2012, 10:23:16 am
If you read the press release there are only a few coaches that meet the criteria Jeff Long spoke about regarding our new coach.  Who meets the specific criteria?

Honestly, it sounded like Gus. I :puke: then realized it would never happen. My money is on Petersen at this point.

Hogbrokerz

Now we wait until Boise St finishes regular season
Jack Bauer can strangle you with a cordless phone.

Hedgehog79

just saw JL packing up.............

BCSHOG88

Per Jonathan Williams twitter, "Change is about to come."

Here..we..go!!!

SWarkansasman

This may very well be an indication that the naming of a new coach is soon, perhaps by mid week.   Whoever it is , let us as a fan base , whether it is the man we personally wanted or not give him our support.

BOAR_N2BWILD

That means it is Peetrino!
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

bwbcpa

Quote from: UncleFrank on November 24, 2012, 10:23:56 am
He'll be spending a lot of time at Harp's, saying, "paper or plastic?" and "can I help you out with that?"  ;D

My wife thinks it will be Wal-Mart, since he has such a great sense of humor.

bdocHOG

Honestly, I feel sorry for JLS.  Am I glad he's gone?  Heck yeah!!!!  2012 might have been one of the worst/most unlucky years of JLS life. You move from Weber State (long term job security) to take a risk at Arkansas with a potential to pay out big.  Your star QB goes out with a concussion for 2 games & your program starts a down hill descent.  You find out your real estate deal, that you knew was going south, took a turn for the worse.  So, you fill for bankruptcy.  With in the same month your brother dies.  I don't think JLS is a good HC, but I feel for the guy.  What job will he have after Feb ......

hawgball9401

Hog inAustin

...until the new coach is named.  Means they can take offers now. 

RedRock

MDH

Quote from: bdocHOG on November 24, 2012, 10:52:35 am
Honestly, I feel sorry for JLS.  Am I glad he's gone?  Heck yeah!!!!  2012 might have been one of the worst/most unlucky years of JLS life. You move from Weber State (long term job security) to take a risk at Arkansas with a potential to pay out big.  Your star QB goes out with a concussion for 2 games & your program starts a down hill descent.  You find out your real estate deal, that you knew was going south, took a turn for the worse.  So, you fill for bankruptcy.  With in the same month your brother dies.  I don't think JLS is a good HC, but I feel for the guy.  What job will he have after Feb ......

Special Teams coach wherever Bobby lands, if I were guessing.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: Hedgehog79 on November 24, 2012, 10:28:43 am
just saw JL packing up.............

I'm sure he was telling his wife to SMILE! while he made her pack everything.

Granny fan

Then why was this posted in the Coaching Rumors???