Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Coach-Not Current. Emplyd-Can get for around 2 Million

Started by lazyj70, November 24, 2012, 09:25:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lazyj70

Bobby Petrino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd take him back!  Will never happen but why would we spend 6 Million on a new great coach when we had one for 3.6 Million that would have probably took a lot less over the next couple of years in punishment?

Bash Away Folks!!!!!

Did I mention that I liked the Coach Broyles/Jeff Long coaching search a lot better because with that search we knew everyone that was offered and everyone that turned us down!!!!

chortle

ballhog™

He took his last SEC team to a BCS bowl in his 3rd year and a top 5 finish in his 4th...
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: ballhog™ on November 24, 2012, 09:28:27 pm
He took his last SEC team to a BCS bowl in his 3rd year and a top 5 finish in his 4th...

Your avatar make me sad
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

tiber

Too many losers worrying about appearances. 

Meanwhile no one else really cares about the coach-search issues of a non-factor. 

hawgball9401

Bubba's Bruisers

I'd bet that even if JL wanted him back, he wouldn't come back.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

UncleFrank

QuoteWill never happen but why would we spend 6 Million on a new great coach when we had one for 3.6 Million that would have probably took a lot less over the next couple of years in punishment?

Because--among other reasons--he's not interested in any real 'punishment'.
No way I think he'd agree to any serious monetary 'punishment'.
Forget it..........No, you wouldn't get him for a discount just because he got caught being stupid and irresponsible.

lazyj70

Quote from: UncleFrank on November 24, 2012, 09:51:20 pm
Because--among other reasons--he's not interested in any real 'punishment'.
No way I think he'd agree to any serious monetary 'punishment'.
Forget it..........No, you wouldn't get him for a discount just because he got caught being stupid and irresponsible.

Okay so no a year suspension with time served and a morality clause where he pays us if he shows his PeePee again?

lazyj70

Quote from: lazyj70 on November 24, 2012, 10:02:59 pm

Okay so no a year suspension with time served and a morality clause where he pays us if he shows his PeePee again?

It still saves us 2 mil and a half over that unrealistic 6 mil figure.

HognitiveDissonance

I'm with you.

I do know this...no matter who they get, that person won't be as good as Petrino. The man is as good an X's and O's guy as anybody in the country.

He has baggage, though, no denying that. But judging strictly on football coaching performance alone, they will NOT get a better coach than Petrino, no matter what money they throw at him.

I've always said he shouldn't be THE candidate, but I don't get why he couldn't be a candidate.

Cobi Hamilton Fan

I wish our fanbase would move on. He's not coming back...why even make another thread about this? Beating a dead horse to a T.

TrojanHog

Bobby, Bobby, he's our man; Jessica did him, now our program's in the can.

It's time for everyone to move on from Bobby. He'll land somewhere, have difficult recruiting, but will develop the heck out of people and win ball games. We'll hope for the best with us, but always know the firing had to happen because he lied to his boss in private and to the fans on television.

TMc

Quote from: Cobi Hamilton Fan on November 25, 2012, 12:37:11 am
I wish our fanbase would move on. He's not coming back...why even make another thread about this? Beating a dead horse to a T.

He wouldn't come back no matter how much money we paid.., and really he needs to move on as well. 

hoghiker

Quote from: TMc on November 25, 2012, 06:33:33 am
He wouldn't come back no matter how much money we paid.., and really he needs to move on as well.
No way to get back across that bridge. It's in ashes. In a Hog Happy world it would have worked out and we'd still have one of the best coaches in the SEC, lo the country, and not be waiting to see who is going to try and fill his shoes. He messed up bad. It isn't fixable. I tell my kids this all the time. Not every stupid mistake has a do over. This one don't.