Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petersen..

Started by Scuderia, November 21, 2012, 02:24:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BartIV

I don't care what the man believes and what he does in his personal life, HE WINS GAMES.

WichitaStateRazorback

to be sold on Petersen. .i am just afraid he will turn out like Dan hawkins. ...please someone set me straight

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

...this to just be over with already, sick of it!
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

WichitaStateRazorback

Pork Twain

Quote from: Dr. Sheldon Cooper on November 23, 2012, 10:22:22 pm
...this to just be over with already, sick of it!
Amen...  One of the worst stretches in football that I can remember.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

swinemaster

Dan Hawkins got Boise to the Liberty Bowl where they lost.

Chris Petersen won two BCS bowls at Boise.

The talent at Boise improved dramatically under Petersen.  I'm not going to do the research, but if you want to be sold just look up the players drafted from Boise under Petersen and compare that to the Dan Hawkins era.

The only thing Dan Hawkins deserves credit for is hiring Chris Petersen as his Offensive Coordinator.

Pork Twain

YEAR   RD   SEL #   PLAYER   POSITION   TEAM
2012   1   19   Shea McClellin   DE   Chicago Bears
2012   1   31   Doug Martin   RB   Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2012   3   81   Tyrone Crawford   DE   Dallas Cowboys
2012   5   167   George Iloka   FS   Cincinnati Bengals
2012   6   205   Billy Winn   DT   Cleveland Browns
2012   7   221   Nate Potter   T   Arizona Cardinals
2011   2   44   Titus Young   WR   Detroit Lions
2011   3   78   Austin Pettis   WR   St. Louis Rams
2011   7   213   Brandyn Thompson   DB   Washington Redskins
2010   1   29   Kyle Wilson   CB   New York Jets
2008   1   12   Ryan Clady   T   Denver Broncos
2008   5   143   Orlando Scandrick   CB   Dallas Cowboys
2007   2   61   Gerald Alexander   FS   Detroit Lions
2007   5   172   Legedu Naanee   WR   San Diego Chargers
2007   6   191   Korey Hall   FB   Green Bay Packers
2007   7   222   Derek Schouman   FB   Buffalo Bills
2006   2   47   Daryn Colledge   G   Green Bay Packers

AKA more than the last 21 years combined.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=B&collegeName=Boise+State&abbrFlag=0&type=school
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

TheRazorbacks

Did you really need to start a thread? Plenty of ppl already responded to this op in the other Petersen thread

swinemaster

Thank You.  I had done it before but too lazy to do it again.

People need to get the idea out of their head that you need a coach with southern ties to recruit effectively at Arkansas.  It is the definition of insanity.  You know, keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

It reminds of the line from the movie "Moneyball".

"If we try to play like the New York Yankees in here, we will lose to them out there!"

silverandbluedc

Quote from: swinemaster on November 23, 2012, 10:29:06 pm

The talent at Boise improved dramatically under Petersen.  I'm not going to do the research, but if you want to be sold just look up the players drafted from Boise under Petersen and compare that to the Dan Hawkins era.

The only thing Dan Hawkins deserves credit for is hiring Chris Petersen as his Offensive Coordinator.

This^^^^^^

and Dan Hawkins went to Colorado. I live 30 minutes North of Boulder and I can tell you it is hard to recruit to that school. The facilities are atrocious, there are not a whole lot of in state kids that are going to make a difference, and the ones that did chose Nebraska. In fact, there are more Nebraska fans in Colorado than Buffs fans. Fact! That big red N is everywhere. After Neuheisel and Barnett the cupboard was bare and he could never get it back. Finally, he was stubborn and insisted on starting his kid at QB. His kid was not Big 12 material.

I can assure you, if Petersen is hired he will not face any of the problems Hawkins faced or put upon himself.

ray serbach

StreetThief99

Quote from: WichitaStateRazorback on November 23, 2012, 10:21:14 pm
to be sold on Petersen. .i am just afraid he will turn out like Dan hawkins. ...please someone set me straight

Quote from: Shocktheman on September 25, 2010, 07:33:57 am
Guys Im outnumbered here at FOB Sharana. . .Taliban outside the wire and Bama fans inside!  Send Hogs fans with beer immediately!

Cobi Hamilton Fan

JIHawg

Oliver

Hawg Life

Quote from: ray serbach on November 23, 2012, 10:58:07 pm
.......yep

I've seen "Bottom's Up" pics of him everywhere. You may be onto something.

StreetThief99

Quote from: Shocktheman on September 25, 2010, 07:33:57 am
Guys Im outnumbered here at FOB Sharana. . .Taliban outside the wire and Bama fans inside!  Send Hogs fans with beer immediately!

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: StreetThief99 on November 23, 2012, 11:00:47 pm

One of my favorite gifs of all time. That kids facial expression is priceless.

Dano

Pigstie

But wait,  according to the grudenite thread JG was at game today, and on campus Wednesday  ???
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Prowling Moose

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pigstie on November 23, 2012, 11:12:34 pm
But wait,  according to the grudenite thread JG was at game today, and on campus Wednesday  ???
not the REAL grudenite thread. just sayin...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WashUhog6

Petersen has had nearly as many drafted per year through six drafts (beginning in 2007 since 2006 was his first year, and continuing in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012) as Dan Hawkins had total in five years.

2002 would have been the first draft taking place after a full season of being coached by Hawkins. There were two drafted in 2002, one in 2003, and one in 2006 for four total.

Petersen, on the other hand, has had 16 drafted (including 6 in 2012) through his six drafts. That's 2.67 draftees per year. Hawkins only managed less than one per year.

Petersen's offense was also 2nd overall in points per game in 2003, 2nd again (behind Petrino's Louisville) in 2004, and 8th in 2005. Meanwhile, Boise's defense was 33 in total defense in 2003, 39 in 2004, and 58 in 2005. 8 of Petersen's 16 draftees were offensive players, and all four of Hawkins' were on offense.

That begs the question, was Hawkins' success thanks in most part to Petersen's coordinating abilities? Petersen was in charge of the side that won Hawkins his games.

When you put it all together, Petersen seems to have affected Hawkins' success directly through his position as offensive coordinator, has produced significantly more NFL talent, and has had a balance in talent as half of the draftees have been defensive players.

McHogLovin

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 23, 2012, 11:14:07 pm
not the REAL grudenite thread. just sayin...

Time to let go of the rope.  You guys gave me hope when there was little.  Now we have 1 of the top 2 coaches I thought we would have a legitimate yet slim chance with in the bag supposedly.  Patterson or Peterson.  Those are the 2 guys I would feel great about.  Feel better about them than Gundy, Strong, Davis, Tubs for sure, and even Stoops.   

BadHog

I thought everyone said that its Gruden. What's the deal? Won't it be announced tomorrow?
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Hogfaniam

you can take this to the bank.

I Don't Have a Clue.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

razorbrass

If it is Peterson they are clueless about it in Boise- not one word on their chat boards
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

UncleFrank

They have chat boards in Boise?
Bet they're exciting!
Is Mr. Potato Head one of their sources?  Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!  :D

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: razorbrass on November 23, 2012, 11:23:03 pm
If it is Peterson they are clueless about it in Boise- not one word on their chat boards
The same thing can be said about our boards a few days before BP was hired. Just how JL likes it. I will say, if it is Peterson, it won't be announced until after his last regular season game. Not this weekend.

OrvilleRedenporker

FootballFan15

If Petersen is the guy you better let him know that. Another kid just verbally committed to him today.

razorbrass

Well the first leak will probably be from some assistant coaches wife who just found out from her husband they are about to move because the head coach just took another job
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Petersen just the flavor of the day. It will be somebody different before its over.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

FootballFan15

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 23, 2012, 11:34:13 pm
Petersen just the flavor of the day. It will be somebody different before its over.

No kidding. Scrolling back through this board I can see about five different coaches have been pegged as the new coach. Very funny.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: razorbrass on November 23, 2012, 11:31:18 pm
Well the first leak will probably be from some assistant coaches wife who just found out from her husband they are about to move because the head coach just took another job

Her facebook timeline will read finally getting the F out of Boise.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

FootballFan15

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 23, 2012, 11:36:00 pm
Her facebook timeline will read finally getting the F out of Boise.

To Arkansas of all places? She'll be like....pfffft, I'll stay in Boise. :)

popcornhog

Quote from: FootballFan15 on November 23, 2012, 11:35:15 pm

No kidding. Scrolling back through this board I can see about five different coaches have been pegged as the new coach. Very funny.

Yeah, don't worry. We're all just losing our damn minds -- it's been a very difficult year.

I'm not saying Petersen is 100% out of the question, but it's definitely nothing more than a rumor. I think Petersen is highly unlikely.but none of us has a clue.
WPS

FootballFan15

Quote from: popcornhog on November 23, 2012, 11:38:11 pm
Yeah, don't worry. We're all just losing our damn minds -- it's been a very difficult year.

I'm not saying Petersen is 100% out of the question, but it's definitely nothing more than a rumor. I think Petersen is highly unlikely.but none of us has a clue.

You guys should bombard the assclown's page that started this rumor. This all stems from one stupid ass tweet by a guy in Los Angeles of all places.

Rsvlhog

Quote from: FootballFan15 on November 23, 2012, 11:36:47 pm

Nah she's a woman she will go where the money is.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

popcornhog

Quote from: FootballFan15 on November 23, 2012, 11:36:47 pm

Boise is a very cool town, but so is Fayetteville. Especially if you're not wanting to live in a major city.

Petersen's probably not going to be our new coach, but it's not because Fayetteville isn't a great town. Northwest AR is widely considered one of the best places to live in the country.
WPS

bumphog

rzrbk4life

Quote from: popcornhog on November 23, 2012, 11:38:11 pm

Agreed. I'll be thrilled if it its him, but i just dont know. I think the $$$ we are supposedly throwing out to get said coach will have more coaches interested than we think. I know it's not all about the $ to some, but money talks.
Let's call those hogs!!!!

presidenthog

All i have to say is his qbs always played well. I have heard he is a great qb developer. I seen his boise st. Teams d line kill Georgia's o line and my final thing to justify him can simply be stated as "muscle hamster"

Hog are ya

Quote from: swinemaster on November 23, 2012, 10:29:06 pm

This should say alot to the OP's post.  Also, If you watch a Petterson coached team, and many of us have for the last 4 years or so, they are obviously well coached in all facets of the game.  As much as any team in the county next to Alabama.

He would be one of my top 3 picks of any coach in the country, including any picks within the NFL ranks...

I think he's that good.  And I'm not alone.

Calling All Hogs

Peterson is my number 1. Every major college with an opening has wanted him for years.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 23, 2012, 11:34:13 pm

Pete Roussel made the following comments about Petersen.

"Per Chris Petersen's contract, the Boise State head coach must provide written (or e-mail) notice at least 24 hours before interviewing for a coaching job at another college or with an NFL organization."

"CBS reporter Bruce Feldman believes the only jobs that would attract Petersen are Oregon and Cal."

http://www.coachingsearch.com/component/content/article/1810-is-chris-petersen-involved-in-the-arkansas-coaching-search.html

Tusks

leading candidate is some guy from a jr.  College in oklahoma or new mexico.....don't know which.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pork Twain

If you were to actually look in the coaching search forum, you would see this discussed to death.

It can be hard to find, so here is the link:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?board=111.0

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Scuderia on November 21, 2012, 02:24:04 pm
That's the home run that some are claiming is going to thrill the fanbase.

Hasn't been much smoke around him...  Just a hunch.
Peterson would thrill me.