Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where will the hogs finish in the SEC?

Started by popcornhog, November 19, 2012, 12:10:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Yeah, the first game sounded like a dud, but it was just that, the first game.

I see the hogs between 4th and 8th in the SEC. I'll go with 7th.

1) UK
2) UF
3) Mizzou
4) Ole Miss

5) Tennessee
6) Vanderbilt
7) Arkansas
8 Bama
9) A&M
10) MSU
11) SC
12) LSU
13) AU
14) UGA
WPS

greghog

I fully admit that I am jaded by year after year after year of losing; but I don't see us with a winning record in the SEC, in fact, I think it could be several games below .500.  Hope like heck I am wrong. 

I was a citizen of Missouri when I was born (had the sense to move to Arkansas at age 3), so I guess that is why I am a "Show Me" type fan.

I will believe we have a decent team when I see it.

It has been so long since we were relevant in basketball my children (one is 21) has no recollection of it.  And that is sad, I held my oldest in my arms when he was 1 day old and watched Arkansas beat Texas in basketball.  Those were the days.

jry04

November 19, 2012, 02:12:39 pm #2 Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:14:17 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: popcornhog on November 19, 2012, 12:10:33 pm
Yeah, the first game sounded like a dud, but it was just that, the first game.

I see the hogs between 4th and 8th in the SEC. I'll go with 7th.

1) UK
2) UF
3) Mizzou
4) Ole Miss

5) Tennessee
6) Vanderbilt
7) Arkansas
8 Bama
9) A&M
10) MSU
11) SC
12) LSU
13) AU
14) UGA
I understand this is your opinion, and don't mean anything by saying it should be different. However, Auburn and MSU are the two worst teams in the SEC. MSU has what, 2 or 3 returning players from last years team? Steele is out for 6 weeks with a broken bone, and he was the only guy that has any meaningful experience. MSU will be lucky to win 4 conference games this year.

Also, Vandy lost their starting 5. They are suppose to be pretty bad this year, and lost by 30 to unranked Oregon a few nights ago. There is no chance they finish ahead of us unless we have a bunch of injuries. They have some talented new comers, but overall will have a pretty down year.

Dogtown Donkey

No lower than 6th. 7th or below would be an absolute disappointment.

Kentucky, Florida and Missouri are the unquestioned top 3 in the SEC. Ole Miss, by all accounts, is poised for an NCAA tournament run and should be in that 4 spot. I think we battle Bama and Tennesse for the 5th spot. I like the Hogs at #5. If not, Bama at 5 and Arkansas at 6.

UNCLE BACK

November 19, 2012, 03:57:28 pm #4 Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:18:15 pm by pridgehog
We were picked 5th by the experts, Id say 5th is about right. We should sneak into the Dance. Funny thing is though once we get there we might win a couple games.

RazorAg

Continue to say 5-7.  Could be ties or a game difference between those teams.  We're right there with Alabama and Ole Miss.  I think we have enough potential to surprise and get to 3 or 4, though.

I encourage anyone that makes a prediction to research the teams a little.  rsvl provided some good points.

bolo1010

Quote from: pridgehog on November 19, 2012, 03:57:28 pm
We were picked 5th by the experts, Id say 5th is about right. We should sneak into the Dance. Funny thing is though once we get there we might when a couple games.

I hope win we get to the tournament we can when a few games. 

Grammar police on patrol.

bolo1010

Quote from: pridgehog on November 19, 2012, 03:57:28 pm
We were picked 5th by the experts, Id say 5th is about right. We should sneak into the Dance. Funny thing is though once we get there we might when a couple games.

On a serious note tho 5th does sound about right but I believe we could possibly be 4th maybe even 3rd with our depth and athleticism. SEC is down in basketball this year and we have good, young, hungry, athletic players.

The area we need to continue improving on is our rebounding. We have a smaller team but can offset our possessions with turnovers over rebounding if we aint hitting the boards hard.

I think our team has great chemistry which goes a long way too.  Gona be a FUN season!!   WPS!!!

ThreeWayInn

For once...I see fans underrating the Hogs and overrating the competition.

Hogs...when all is said and done...finish behind Ky and Florida.....Hogs are 3rd best SEC team.

SWD26

Quote from: ThreeWayInn on November 20, 2012, 10:33:24 am
For once...I see fans underrating the Hogs and overrating the competition.

Hogs...when all is said and done...finish behind Ky and Florida.....Hogs are 3rd best SEC team.

I sure hope you're right. I like the make-up of this team and think that by conference play we'll be pretty tough. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of size when we go up against teams that can match our talent plus have true Centers and Power Forwards. So far, it sounds like Mickelson is still playing mostly on the outside and Powell doesn't seem to be getting on the boards as much as he used to. That leaves Coty Clarke doing a lot of the grunt work and he just isn't that big. I don't know, it's still early, we'll know a lot more after the next few games.

choppedporkextrasauce

I think mizzou is way overrated. The Hogs shouldn't finish as low as 8th this year.
Hogs should be better than lsu, sc, geo, vandy, a&m, aubbie, bummer, and om. Still we'll probably lose to om since we play once in their dump.

razorpimp

I think Anderson already has the kind of players he wants for his system, we ride one of the best players in the league to 4th.....

We are one year ahead of his "system"...

UAB - year 2 - NCAA sweet 16
Mizz - year 3 - NCAA elite 8

Swinesong1

November 20, 2012, 12:22:45 pm #12 Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:33:26 pm by Swinesong1
Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on November 20, 2012, 11:19:42 am
I think mizzou is way overrated. The Hogs shouldn't finish as low as 8th this year.
Hogs should be better than lsu, sc, geo, vandy, a&m, aubbie, bummer, and om. Still we'll probably lose to om since we play once in their dump.
I predict a 23-7 overall & 14-4 (tied for 4th with KY) SEC record heading into SEC tourney:
1.  FL
2.  Ole Miss (very underrated and will be a top 15 team or better in the end).
3.  Mizzou
4.  AR/KY
5.  TN
6.  Bama
the rest are too pathetic to even bother predicting their finish.

Dominicanhog

what ever 10-8 gets you... nice improvement down the stretch going into tourney.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 20, 2012, 12:22:45 pm
I predict a 23-7 overall & 14-4 (tied for 4th with KY) SEC record heading into SEC tourney:
1.  FL
2.  Ole Miss (very underrated and will be a top 15 team or better in the end).
3.  Mizzou
4.  AR/KY
5.  TN
6.  Bama
the rest are too pathetic to even bother predicting their finish.

Please move away from the medicine cabinet!
SEC!