Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo Mattingly replaced by Trey Sceppe on 1037 BUZZ

Started by Icalledthatplay, November 03, 2012, 06:42:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Icalledthatplay

starting middle of November. Bye Bo.....best show in Central Arkansas is now gone!

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Icalledthatplay

Great! That is the best produced sports show I've ever heard. I can't beleive BUZZ would "let him go"

jackflash

didn't get to listen to his show much. But I thought he did a great job

Hawgphish

Living in central Ark, I am disappointed to hear that.  I thought it was the best sports show on Buzz.  The other show hosts are people who have failed at everything else.  I wish Bo would do a morning show.  Tommy Smith and Bazell  need some competition.  I love how they brag about being rated #1 but there is nothing else to listen to. 

idochog

I love Jesus!

Hawgndaaz

Bo has a good show but is a little too intelligent and witty for the central ark market. When drive time sports is your highest rated show in the state, you have no chance. I realize some folks didn't care for him but his interviews and guests are much better than the rest.

I'll tune in to 93.3 to hear him for sure. And continue to make fun of all the redneck mouth breathers on 103.7.

Icalledthatplay

I wonder if 93.3 will put the show vs Drive Time w/Schaeffer in the afternoon. I think it airs at that time and, if so, will create competition in those hours. 93.3 has a lower wattage signal, yet still carries the Metro area very strong. This could be a bad move for The BUZZ.

TNhogfan

Quote from: Icalledthatplay on November 03, 2012, 07:38:00 am
I wonder if 93.3 will put the show vs Drive Time w/Schaeffer in the afternoon. I think it airs at that time and, if so, will create competition in those hours. 93.3 has a lower wattage signal, yet still carries the Metro area very strong. This could be a bad move for The BUZZ.
Who said The Buzz cancelled Bo?  Perhaps since his show is syndicated, he chose to drop The Buzz for another station.

93.3 already has  a show on at the same time as Drive Time - Wess Moore & Michael Smith's Game On.  There are several threads on this board about this show.  Sports Talk w/ Bo will be a good lead in to Game On.

El Puerco

Yet still plenty of room for Rick to ass up my radio

Icalledthatplay

Doubtful Bo would drop the Buzz for a station with 25% of the coverage area in Central Arkansas. I don't thgink he's stupid. Can't say the same about the BUZZ GANG

Torqued pork

November 03, 2012, 08:05:04 am #11 Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:06:52 am by Bubbaswinestein
Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 03, 2012, 07:36:04 am
Bo has a good show but is a little too intelligent and witty for the central ark market. When drive time sports is your highest rated show in the state, you have no chance. I realize some folks didn't care for him but his interviews and guests are much better than the rest.

I'll tune in to 93.3 to hear him for sure. And continue to make fun of all the redneck mouth breathers on 103.7.
Exactly. Bo had the only local show I could listen to for more than 5 minutes. DTS is such a dumbed-down three hours of crap it's unbearable.

Michael Porkleone

Now we know why Trey has been BSing everyone with the coaching rumors the past week.

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Icalledthatplay

and replace him with Trey Scheppe? Trey is a good guy, but Bo has the best show in Arkansas. Who's idea was that? I'll have 93.3 on my dial and I've never listened to that station before. It's too political for my taste....but now Bo is there!

SemperHawg

I listen to the Buzz sometimes when I'm not listening to other sports talk around the country.  This move does not surprise me, you get the feeling that most of the personalities on the Buzz seem to really resent the NWA crowd.  Bo even being popular throughout the state, has taken some shots at the LR crowd.  You can really hear the resentment on Tommy Smith's show lately.

BartIV

didn't like bo when Tim from Little Rock left. Just not that interesting.

HawgPound

You made that post brotha.

Why did you post the same topic again? Am I missing something?

HawgPound

Quote from: SemperHawg on November 03, 2012, 08:22:54 am
I listen to the Buzz sometimes when I'm not listening to other sports talk around the country.  This move does not surprise me, you get the feeling that most of the personalities on the Buzz seem to really resent the NWA crowd.  Bo even being popular throughout the state, has taken some shots at the LR crowd.  You can really hear the resentment on Tommy Smith's show lately.
I can't listen to Tommy Smith anymore. IMO he needs to go back to Rock N Roll because he sucks at talk radio. I do not remember ever hearing a bigger hypocrite on the radio.

SemperHawg

Quote from: HawgPound on November 03, 2012, 08:26:22 am
I can't listen to Tommy Smith anymore. IMO he needs to go back to Rock N Roll because he sucks at talk radio. I do not remember ever hearing a bigger hypocrite on the radio.
Agreed, I have a rule that I can listen to the show until Tommy Smith refers to him self as old school for the 5th time, I've usually turned it before 7:30.

SemperHawg

With all of the radio apps on smartphone these days I find myself listening to less and less local sports talk.  There are certain parts of certain days that I will listen, like when Pat and Acri have Edward Aschoff on, or Tommy and Bazz have Mark May on.  For the most part however, when you listen to sports talk from other major markets you become aware of how far behind all of the sports talk radio is in Arkansas, including Bo.

Icalledthatplay

Don't you enjoy listening to the "intellectual" David Bazzell talk about himself? I particularly love it when David constantly interrupts his guests to answer the question he just asked them!

hoglady

Bo's show is my favorite.
I've been listening to Game On with Wess and Michael for a couple of weeks now. It is tons better than DriveTime and I'm glad they are an alternative now. Wonder what time Bo's show will be on?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The Hogfather

Unbelievable.  That show is easily the best on the Buzz.

cotterhog

Bo's show is the best because anything is better than that morning show, DTS and Barry Grooms.  :puke:

cotterhog

November 03, 2012, 09:11:36 am #24 Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 09:13:33 am by cotterhog
I'm sure Trey lobbied to Justin Acri for a show and money may have been a big motivator here.

hobhog

You must be a super intelligent and awesome guy. Wow.....

Hammibal Lecter

Trey is a huge doooosh! Can't stand his smug BS. I hope he fails miserably
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

Icalledthatplay

Sounds like a real good move for Crain Media and a needed alternative for quality sports programming in central AR for the listeners. Not so sure it was a good idea for The BUZZ.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Lanny on November 03, 2012, 06:59:22 am
Bo will be in Central Arkansas on 93.3FM
That's good news. Now I can reprogram the radio in my car and remove 103.7 completely.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hobhog on November 03, 2012, 09:18:24 am
You must be a super intelligent and awesome guy. Wow.....

He's quite intelligent, but he's never been mistaken for awesome.
Go away, batin'

Icalledthatplay

David said that Matt Jones is going to join him on the show

Icalledthatplay

Berno

Quote from: Icalledthatplay on November 03, 2012, 09:41:56 am
"Trey Scheppe and Matt Jones Show"

Yeah, didn't they start that recently? I think it would run after the John L smith show on Wednesdays or something.

They probably needed another show to pad with annoying advertisements about Frank Fletcher and Tropical Smoothie

FaytownHog

Quote from: Icalledthatplay on November 03, 2012, 06:42:27 am
starting middle of November. Bye Bo.....best show in Central Arkansas is now gone!
Hi Bo! Little weird seeing you here on Hogville as you're not seen at any of the practices, press conferences or anything Razorback related except to get into the games for free.

Bo is a mental and literal midget that doesn't cover the Hogs and doesn't have guest on that cover the Hogs (except for the occasional Matt Jones sighting). Sounds like the Buzz is tired of having guest come on that are Tennessee homers and blast the Hogs and a host that lets them do it. Good for them!

Hammibal Lecter

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 03, 2012, 09:49:42 am
Hi Bo! Little weird seeing you here on Hogville as you're not seen at any of the practices, press conferences or anything Razorback related except to get into the games for free.

Bo is a mental and literal midget that doesn't cover the Hogs and doesn't have guest on that cover the Hogs (except for the occasional Matt Jones sighting). Sounds like the Buzz is tired of having guest come on that are Tennessee homers and blast the Hogs and a host that lets them do it. Good for them!
yes, god forbid anyone allows opposing perspective.
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

Poker_hog

Trey Scheppe is annoying.  Anytime him or Ron crawford are on I change the channel. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

cotterhog

No
Quote from: Poker_hog on November 03, 2012, 10:03:34 am
Trey Scheppe is annoying.  Anytime him or Ron crawford are on I change the channel. 
No doubt glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

choppedporkextrasauce

and by best you mean worst, he's just horrible. he's jim rome's love child gone wrong.

jcharkansas

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on November 03, 2012, 08:05:04 am
Exactly. Bo had the only local show I could listen to for more than 5 minutes. DTS is such a dumbed-down three hours of crap it's unbearable.
Yea but dts is still better than Tommy smith, I don't get why no station in central Arkansas will make a morning show to compete with him. He sucks its so far from a sports talk show its not even funny.

PORKULATOR

It's like they're replacing a total turd with a complete douchee (extra e). Hate Bo's show. He is the anti homer and spins that chit hard. Hate his favorite guests and glad to see him go. Only wish they'd caught him in a jogging trail bathoom soliciting sex from an undercover and fired him for moralitybor dome hung entertaining.
And Trey 'Schlepp' is worse.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

The_Boot_stops_here

Bo is the best show in the state...Schappe is seriously bad and is terribly boring...BIG mistake...i wont be listening to 1037 anymore

razorfan84

LOL!  What?  You have shown your "intelligence" with a post like that.

football17

Trey is terrible. He asks the worst questions of athletes/coaches... He's a joke...

Dustbug86

This is correct. Central Arkansas is littered with simpletons. You have to appeal to the target audience.
-D

Danny J

Quote from: Dustbug86 on November 03, 2012, 12:45:11 pm
This is correct. Central Arkansas is littered with simpletons. You have to appeal to the target audience.
Yep....here is proof.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=499300.new#new

Kevin Bacon

Wow, I am sure going to miss Tim from LR, Michael from Stuttgart, and TiiigerBait.  #thingsnobodysays

Wildhog

November 03, 2012, 12:55:06 pm #46 Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:41:45 pm by Wildhog
Stupid move on 103.7's part.  Bo was their best show and it wasn't close.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogeration

Been a Tommy fan for a long time.  But even his show is tired.  The only time I listen to the Buzz is when Bo is on.  I don't agree with everything but at least he has some good guests. 

Said before that Acri and Pat's show is just one long advertisement or a bunch of "guess who I know and what inside stories can I tell." 

The Buzz is gonna shoot themselves in the foot on this one. 

Fatman

If Bp's show runs from 1-6 such as it does now everywhere except the buzz then what will happen to Wess and Michael Smith? Also is there any truth to the rumor that the Morning Rush may be coming to Central ARk also

Fatman

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 03, 2012, 09:49:42 am

This is a little hateful don't you think?? Bo has a good show and it has steadily gotten better over time. I will listen to 93.3 more often now