Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Schaap is Tweeting...

Started by RedyorNot, November 02, 2012, 09:52:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Hogsby

Quote from: beebefootballfan on November 02, 2012, 01:42:45 pm
You guys are so gullable.  All of this is an attempt to up enrollment at Rivals, 247, and other sites.  They offer you a 30 day free trial knowing that the coach won't be hired until after that day is up.  Guess what happens, you want the info so you start paying.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

jry04

You guys are so gullable.  All of this is an attempt to up enrollment at Rivals, 247, and other sites.  They offer you a 30 day free trial knowing that the coach won't be hired until after that day is up.  Guess what happens, you want the info so you start paying. 
Ummm, actually you are wrong. Also, one of the main guys of one of those sites knows and is keeping quiet. If he wanted to bump up subcriptions he probably could, but isn't.

beebefootballfan

Quote from: Wildhog on November 02, 2012, 01:47:14 pm
Schaap has nothing to do with any of those sites.

Where did i say he did? All i know is last night after Schaap said that i had an email from Biddy's site asking me to come back for a free month on them. Kind of odd i haven't heard from them since i deactivated my account over a year ago but yesterday happens and bam they are sending me emails telling me i need to rejoin to get up to date info because a coaching hire could happen any minute.
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Wildhog

Quote from: beebefootballfan on November 02, 2012, 01:51:42 pm
Where did i say he did? All i know is last night after Schaap said that i had an email from Biddy's site asking me to come back for a free month on them. Kind of odd i haven't heard from them since i deactivated my account over a year ago but yesterday happens and bam they are sending me emails telling me i need to rejoin to get up to date info because a coaching hire could happen any minute.

Biddy had been talking about doing that for weeks.  Has nothing to do with the Schaap tweet.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

beebefootballfan

Quote from: Wildhog on November 02, 2012, 01:54:43 pm
Biddy had been talking about doing that for weeks.  Has nothing to do with the Schaap tweet.

Which is why i said what i said.  I'll garuntee you we are a month away at the minimum.  Nothing is going to happen prior to the end of the season.
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Wildhog

Quote from: beebefootballfan on November 02, 2012, 01:56:19 pm
Which is why i said what i said.  I'll garuntee you we are a month away at the minimum.  Nothing is going to happen prior to the end of the season.

I agree.
1909/1964/1965/1977

T-man

Actually, 247 has it free up to the end of the year.  I signed on about 2 weeks ago.

Danny J

Quote from: beebefootballfan on November 02, 2012, 01:56:19 pm
Yep....I am thinking between 1st - 15th of Decemeber if it is a current coach. If it is Davis then I could see it happening sooner but not real likely. It is not Gruden and it will not happen this weekend like some have predicted.

The Great Hogsby

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on November 02, 2012, 02:14:38 pm
Yep....I am thinking between 1st - 15th of Decemeber if it is a current coach. If it is Davis then I could see it happening sooner but not real likely. It is not Gruden and it will not happen this weekend like some have predicted.

Someone is actually predicting this weekend?

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

Danny J

Quote from: The Great Hogsby on November 02, 2012, 02:17:46 pm
Someone is actually predicting this weekend?
3 days ago it was 48hrs. Now it is apparently this weekend. I have no idea anymore as there are so many predictions I can't keep up with who said what when. All I know is it will not be Gruden. I still think it is either Patterson, Davis, Tuberville or Strong. If I were forced to bet on one of those four it would be Davis.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on November 02, 2012, 02:14:38 pm
Yep....I am thinking between 1st - 15th of December if it is a current coach. If it is Davis then I could see it happening sooner but not real likely.

Agree.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The Great Hogsby

Dudley just said Davis, Strong, Tubberville, and Gundy are all being considered....

Fayettechill14

Quote from: The Great Hogsby on November 02, 2012, 03:05:51 pm
Dudley just said Davis, Strong, Tubberville, and Gundy are all being considered....

I keep hearing these + Patterson, though Patterson is the longest shot.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 02, 2012, 03:14:53 pm
I keep hearing these + Patterson, though Patterson is the longest shot.

But the question remains..."who" is considering the Hogs?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: beebefootballfan on November 02, 2012, 01:51:42 pm
And the incidents of rape increase at the time as ice cream sales increase. Does ice cream cause rape?
Not every single damn thing has linear causality. Some are unrelated

Danny J

November 02, 2012, 03:43:06 pm #215 Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:45:02 pm by Danny J (headhawg7)
I think he is right and have said all along that Tuberville and Davis are in the mix and I think Patterson and Strong are as well. Patterson I think probably stays in Texas as he has helped raise the $$$$ to build his new stadium and his new house. They also love him in Ft. Worth. I also think as (notOM)Rebel123 stated it is who is considering us and I think of those names Tuberville, Davis and Strong would likely come although I am not 100% sold that Strong would but he may. Tuberville would come for sure 100% and so would Davis. Long knows this and I think he wants to wait till sometime around the 1st of the month and try and get in touch with Patterson to see what shakes free. I think knowing at worst he could get Davis or Tuberville is big in trying to get a good coach although I think Davis and Tuberville are both very good coaches. I would rather have Davis over Tuberville.

I think Gundy is using us for a raise or should I say his agent.

rickm1976

BatesvilleHOG

I'd say this is what the list looks like. As in who Jeff Long wants..

1a Pete Carroll
1b Gary Patterson
2 Tommy Tubberville
3 Charlie Strong

It's going to be almost impossible to pull Carroll and Patterson so realistically we're looking at Strong or Tubby.

I'd be fine with both. Good recruiters/defenses. My great uncles are boosters and UofA alumni. A lot of stuff I hear is from my cousins who hear it from their fathers. I dont get to talk to then often because they are almost always busy with family/business but I should see them at the game tomorrow and i'll try to see if i can get something out of them. They are very hush hush most of the time.

Woo Pig!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Clay (helmuthjr21) C on November 02, 2012, 03:35:13 pm
Not every single damn thing has linear causality. Some are unrelated

"Linear causality"...excellent. +1

Since 1894

The day we hire Tubberville is the day I go buy an Arkansas State shirt.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Slimgoodman

Quote from: Since 1894 on November 02, 2012, 04:25:16 pm

If you do, would you please cut the sleeves out of it, slice the collar about 6 or 8 inches down the front and give it to the girl in your avatar.

arkansasbred

Quote from: Since 1894 on November 02, 2012, 04:25:16 pm
You wouldnt...?

Would you?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Slimgoodman on November 02, 2012, 04:41:17 pm
If you do, would you please cut the sleeves out of it, slice the collar about 6 or 8 inches down the front and give it to the girl in your avatar.

Or, just cut the back out of it and have her wear it backward? 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

TommyTwoHog

If thata the case Jeff wont last another year.

beebefootballfan

Quote from: TommyTwoHog on November 02, 2012, 04:48:21 pm

Why is that? Cause its not Gruden?

rhog1

All four are solid hires Strong would be the weakest hire of the bunch but could still be good here.

TommyTwoHog

Quote from: rhog1 on November 02, 2012, 05:03:38 pm
All four are solid hires Strong would be the weakest hire of the bunch but could still be good here.
None of them are as good as BP and they sure wont put fannies in seart lime he did.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: TommyTwoHog on November 02, 2012, 05:08:36 pm
None of them are as good as BP and they sure wont put fannies in seart lime he did.

Houston Nutt put fannies in the seat...it's not that hard.

beebefootballfan

Quote from: Dirty on November 02, 2012, 05:28:35 pm

It's okay!  Calm down!

I am calm. This used to be a dang good place with people who had common sense, then somewhere around the darksider years it started going downhill and now is the laughing stock board of Razorback Message boards. 

It used to be a place with good information and knowledgeable posters.

rhog1

Quote from: TommyTwoHog on November 02, 2012, 05:08:36 pm
All of those coaches are program builders they would have us winning consistently within 3 years and they wont neglect one half of the team like Bobby Petrino did with defense. 

TommyTwoHog

Sorry great coaches. Move forward.

Raiderman

When is the last time a major conference HC quit mid season to take a HC job at another school?  ;)

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Raiderman

Quote from: sowmonella on November 02, 2012, 05:51:04 pm
:razorback:

Exactly. If Arkansas is ready to name its new HC, it won't be Tuberville, Patterson, Gundy, etc.

DOC-T

I will be Carrolling early this year!

Wildhog

Quote from: beebefootballfan on November 02, 2012, 05:32:45 pm
I am calm. This used to be a dang good place with people who had common sense, then somewhere around the darksider years it started going downhill and now is the laughing stock board of Razorback Message boards. 

It used to be a place with good information and knowledgeable posters.

1909/1964/1965/1977

Jamie Jones

I made calls to the high school coaches that told me months ago that Davis would be hired, and they feel the same way. One of them has a junior DL that is on everyone's radar and he told me to bet the farm. I asked him why he thought Davis was the answer and without telling me he was told as much, I got the impression that his player was led to believe that this was the case. No guarantee but I feel very confident.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

b0sc0b

Quote from: Snortingred1 on November 02, 2012, 10:17:21 am
But you rate Petrino high.  The guy that destroyed two programs, and an Atl falcons team.  Hasn't won a NC, or even an SEC championship.  I loved the guy, but there is no way that Malzahn is that less of a coach.  The only negative I see is time spent in the league.  Gus is an 8.5 - 9.0.

With that said, i'm not so sure i'm sparked on the whole Malzahn thing.
Yeah Atlanta is absolutely destroyed.  No telling when they'll get a win.  Is that your alarm clock?
Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan

texas tush hog

If he hires any of the three he will be a hero to most of the fan base.Maybe not Hogville but most of the fan base and most of the A-club and that will cancel out most of the naysayers.

my3boneheads

He said the hire was a 8.5 and Petrino graded a 9. I figure the majority would grade Gruden at least a 9 and most would grade a 10. Pete Carroll would be a 9-10. Sounds like Steve Mariucci to me.

Harvick29

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on November 02, 2012, 10:10:14 am
Yep.
+1 for the avatar. I never really had a thing for her before, but I sure do like it when you post!!

Eli Cash Ph.D

Quote from: my3boneheads on November 02, 2012, 08:27:18 pm
He said the hire was a 8.5 and Petrino graded a 9. I figure the majority would grade Gruden at least a 9 and most would grade a 10. Pete Carroll would be a 9-10. Sounds like Steve Mariucci to me.

Steve Mariucci will be Mike Sherman before Mike Sherman was Mike Sherman.

Danny J

Quote from: my3boneheads on November 02, 2012, 08:27:18 pm
I know it is not realistic but IF I had to choose between Gruden and Carroll I would take Carroll all day long and not think twice.

Calling All Hogs

I have a source that says Brandon Mitchell is ready to lay down some serious cash to help bring in a big name coach.  :)

Broadway Rob

Quote from: Eli Cash Ph.D on November 02, 2012, 08:33:43 pm
Steve Mariucci will be Mike Sherman before Mike Sherman was Mike Sherman.

What?
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Danny J

Quote from: CallMeHog on November 02, 2012, 08:50:40 pm
I have a source that says Brandon Mitchell is ready to lay down some serious cash to help bring in a big name coach.  :)
Was about to post the same thing. Using his new house, suits, car, truck and bike as collateral. I think all in all it secured a $5m loan.

cosmodrum

Quote from: CallMeHog on November 02, 2012, 08:50:40 pm

Do we have his tail # to track the plane?
Go away, batin'

moses_007

It will be Pete Carroll, and he'll leave the Seahawks before this NFL season is over. But, he'll show the courtesy to tell his players before he leaves.

moses_007

Quote from: RedyorNot on November 02, 2012, 09:52:22 am
that there is starting to be more smoke and the announcement will come sooner than expected. When asked to say who he is hearing, he said it is from the same names that we have been hearing, but one is starting to stand out more than the rest. Said it is someone that, in some fashion, have ties to the state or the program and said "Yes!" when asked if the new hire would help in recruiting. He rated Bobby P. a 9.5 coach pre-Dorrell Gate, and this coach an 8.5-9.

If those tidbits are true, it rules out quite a few folks, including Gruden, Patterson, Peterson, Gundy and Carroll (PC would be a 9.5-10). That leaves Tubberville, Davis, Strong and Gus.

If you say it will be Tubberville, Davis, Strong or Malzahn, then consider this:

1.  Long won't consider Malzahn since he has no winning record as a head coach in college.  In addition, it would be entirely inappropriate for Long to even consider a coach at another Arkansas state sponsored university. 

2.  Strong is just in his first year as head coach at Louisville, and he doesn't have enough head coaching experience yet to be even considered.  We'd be just as well off hiring a defensive coordinator or offensive coordinator as Charlie Strong.

That leaves Butch Davis and Tommy Tubberville, both of whom have ties to Arkansas going way back.  Of the two, I would think Butch would be the choice since he's the better recruiter.