Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There is one SEC coach that had a winning record against Saban!

Started by Hoggie17, October 21, 2012, 12:51:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

Nick Saban has lost 4 out 7 games to Tommy Tuberville since 2000, Here is how they break down.  Yep the one coach that beat Saban at both LSU and Ala was Tuberville.  How many knew that.  Tuberville wins no matter what school he coaches for.  The good ole boys at Auburn never like Tuberville.  Anyone know why?

Nick Saban vs. Tommy Tuberville
Record against Tommy Tuberville since 2000: 3-4

Season
Nick Saban School
Tommy Tuberville School
Outcome
Alabama
Auburn
Win, 36-0 (see details)
Home
Alabama
Auburn
Loss, 10-17 (see details)
Away
Louisiana State
Auburn
Loss, 9-10 (see details)
Away
Louisiana State
Auburn
Win, 31-7 (see details)
Home
Louisiana State
Auburn
Loss, 7-31 (see details)
Away
Louisiana State
Auburn
Win, 27-14 (see details)
Home
Louisiana State
Auburn
Loss, 17-34 (see details)
Away

Hoggie17

I've reading for weeks no one has beat Saban, wrong Tuberville beat him.

GoHogs1091

If Les Miles wins against Saban in November, then Miles will have won against Saban 3 out of the last 4 times (75% winning percentage).  I know that Saban beat Miles in January in the BCS Title game (in which Saban had a month-and-a-half to prepare), but if Miles does win against Saban in November, a 75% winning percentage against Saban during a 4 game stretch is not too shabby.

The game in November in Baton Rouge is a high stakes game for Nick Saban.  Besides the 75% winning percentage over 4 games by Miles against Saban if Miles wins in November, it will also probably mean the 3rd year-in-a-row (2010, 2011, 2012) that Saban has not got Alabama to the SEC Championship game in Atlanta (if LSU were to win out after winning against Alabama in November).       

redeye

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 21, 2012, 12:56:59 pm
I've reading for weeks no one has beat Saban, wrong Tuberville beat him.

That's impressive no matter what, but it is worth noting that Saban was rebuilding most of those years. The main thing here is that if you can beat Alabama with Saban, then you have a chance at winning the SEC-W. I don't worry about LSU as much, since we've fared better against them.

I loved Petrino, but he just got out-coached against Saban. No gap of talent made that much difference, and besides, we fared better against other teams that had big advantages with talent. Tuberville at Arkansas would probably lose more then he won against Bama, too, but he'd at least win some of them.

As for Miles, I think Alabama fans know all that very well. Unlike us, they have real respect for LSU, because they know LSU can, and will, beat them sometimes.