JJHog

" Think Right, Do Right"

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

the machinist

hey honey badger,wanna party?

SemperFi

My wife's 2nd cousin was JB Hunt and he never offered me a job....just sayin'
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

want2be

Is Rhodes a buddy of Grobe?

2BitBoar

he's a solid coach.  We could do much worse.

Marshfieldhog

HoggusMaximus

I doubt that he is their choice. Everyone is already angry, if we get an underwhelming selection for the new coach this place might asplode.

Tim Harris

Quote from: 2BitBoar on October 06, 2012, 10:28:10 pm

Absolutely but like I said in another thread about him he won't win the press conference and get people excited.  We will have to get told no a few times before they call Rhodes.

Oliver

Quote from: 2BitBoar on October 06, 2012, 10:28:10 pm

Indeed.  Far from the top of my list, but I'd take him over Butch, Malzahn, and Tuberville anyday

HoopS

Wait, so

HC Butch
OC Gus
DC TT

Is a no go with some?  What if we wore Black uniforms, and played aSu in LR to make up for it?

Oliver

Quote from: HoopS on October 08, 2012, 09:30:43 am
Wait, so

HC Butch
OC Gus
DC TT

Is a no go with some?  What if we wore Black uniforms, and played aSu in LR to make up for it?

Lets throw in Houston Nutt as RB's coach just to make sure we have enough Arkansas connections on staff

HoopS

Shibest WR coach
Dan Hampton DL
Atwater Secondary
Little Timmy Horton ST
Freddie Childress OL

online-with-swine

So, Rhoades is winning at Iowa freakin State, yet people doubt his ability to coach? 

We could do much worse than him but I agree that he would be down our list a bit.  He is a defensive guy so that ma put him at a disadvantage if Long is leaning towards another offensive startegist.

respirback

Hey, Chizik lost at Iowa State and then won a NC at Auburn.  Just think what we could do with a winner.

Yeah right.  Cam Newton won the NC.

He's a good coach, but not likely to get folks excited.

Hawghiggs

He is a good coach. He is also is an Iowa st. alum and grew up less than an hour away from Ames. I highly doubt he would come here.

Fayettechill14

Chizik 5-19 at Iowa State
Rhodes 22-21 at Iowa State

Rhodes would be near the top of my list. Probably behind Patterson, Red Tie, Sarkisian, and about even with Strong.