Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

**UPDATED WITH SPORTS ILLUSTRATED LINK** Dana Holgerson reportedly turns down Arkansas Job

Started by ThrillaHog, October 03, 2012, 06:32:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 04, 2012, 06:07:14 am
Back in July I had a brief conversation with Jeff Long about this very issue. I would be  surprised if Long offered Holgerson a job. More likely, if it happened at all, is that someone going around Long contacted Holgerson to gauge his interest.

There are some high level boosters behind the scenes trying get their own choice the job. There are Gruden guys, Charlie Strong guys, Butch Davis guys, Tuberville guys. Just because a coaches agent has been contacted by somebody claiming to represent Arkansas doesn't mean he's been offered the job.

My whole point about Holgorsen.

And yeah Mike, there is a LOT of smoke flying around out there and only a few know what is going on for real and I am certain that you have heard some things that seem to have some basis. Time will tell.
Go Hogs Go!

b0sc0b

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 03, 2012, 06:54:34 pm
tell me, how many BCS bowl games would WVU make if they had played in the SEC the past 13 or so years ?

ad: if you are truthful, you know the answer is 0
Icy but true.
Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan

Murr

Quote from: nwarazfan on October 04, 2012, 10:06:02 am
Golden is about to lose his boss.  I could see him leaving Miami for another job.

Supposedly Miami lied to Al about the upcoming NCAA sanctions about to come down on them prior to him accepting the job.  So if he wants out, he might have some wiggle room.

online-with-swine

So why is this thread still here but the Gruden one isn't?  I guess random guys posting on some official looking website is more credible than some random guys with sources posting on here.

(notOM)Rebel123

"New rumors spilling out of the Fayetteville area..."
RUMORS....enough said.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hydroguy87

OMG! Does anyone learn from past coaching searching by us, or any other school? What would you expect him to say? "Yes, I plan on taking the Arkansas job"? Come on people. That is not going to happen. Even IF he wants the job no one except JL and our new coach will probably know until at least the middel of January. You cant expect a current coach of a highly ranked team to publicily accept ANY offer until the season is over. How many other coaches over the years have said the same thing only to accept a new offer after the seaon is over. It happens all the time....come on.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Hydroguy87 on October 04, 2012, 06:38:35 pm
OMG! Does anyone learn from past coaching searching by us, or any other school? What would you expect him to say? "Yes, I plan on taking the Arkansas job"? Come on people. That is not going to happen. Even IF he wants the job no one except JL and our new coach will probably know until at least the middel of January. You cant expect a current coach of a highly ranked team to publicily accept ANY offer until the season is over. How many other coaches over the years have said the same thing only to accept a new offer after the seaon is over. It happens all the time....come on.
middle of January ?   we're hosed if we wait that late
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Athog

HF#1

Holgerson would not do us any good what so ever.  I agree with an earlier post about a coach accepting a job in September, it's not going to happen.  This is bogus.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Danny J

Quote from: HogFan#1 on October 04, 2012, 08:31:32 pm
Holgerson would not do us any good what so ever.  I agree with an earlier post about a coach accepting a job in September, it's not going to happen.  This is bogus.
Agreed....

Ugly Uncle

Okay, looking at this logically with a couple of good assumptions: 

1.  There has never been a leak out of Long's office that wasn't planned.

2.  This would not leak from Jeff Long's office unless Long is playing high stakes poker with the BOT and Donors (note with a capital D)

3.  I don't believe that there has been any contact with DH's people.

4.  This more than likely was something leaked from DH's camp.  First that he was interested then that he was not is how it would be done.

5.  I actually believe Long when he said he isn't calling current sitting coaches.

6.  I'm almost certain that Jeff Long is not nor has he ever been interested in Dana.
Retired Radio Host

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: big john on October 03, 2012, 06:47:03 pm
long likes the guys from the north i dont no any good coach,s from the north .
So you're not familiar with Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Les Miles, Chip Kelly and I could go on and on. I don't care where our coach comes from just where he's going to take our program. Lou Holtz, one of the greatest coaches ever at Arkansas, is from Ohio.

FaytownHog

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on October 03, 2012, 06:47:10 pm
Don't buy it at all. Stuff like that doesn't leak unless there's a reason. The reason is probably Holgerson posturing for a raise or an extension.
Exactly! I bet the "source" that leaked this was Holgerson's agent. No way Jeff Long offered him (or anyone with a team currently) the job. He might have asked his agent to put out feelers but Holgerson's agent is just trying to get a raise. This is stupid.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 04, 2012, 08:38:42 pm
Okay, looking at this logically with a couple of good assumptions: 

1.  There has never been a leak out of Long's office that wasn't planned.

2.  This would not leak from Jeff Long's office unless Long is playing high stakes poker with the BOT and Donors (note with a capital D)

3.  I don't believe that there has been any contact with DH's people.

4.  This more than likely was something leaked from DH's camp.  First that he was interested then that he was not is how it would be done.

5.  I actually believe Long when he said he isn't calling current sitting coaches.

6.  I'm almost certain that Jeff Long is not nor has he ever been interested in Dana.

If Long is not at least interested in Dana, he is an incompetent AD.

TommyTwoHog

Anyone here the Holgersen intrview on Brandos show? He also had a previous interview from Saban on why he doesnt like the spread offense and how it concerns him about athletes safety and getting hurt. blah blah. Holg then said sounds like typical dc talk. The guy is a good coach and is doing great things. Well see how he finishes in the big twelve. He should be our first choice as a coach!

leggohogs

hogcard1964

prairiehogcompanion

A) That's likely total baloney that he was offered the job.

B) Be, he's got a shot to win the Big 12 and maybe even get into the BCS title game. If so, he'll have his pick of the best job openings at season's end. He'd never "accept" anyone's offer at this point.

C) If you believe Jeff Long has offered him the job already, then you gotta believe in the Tooth Fairy.

2BitBoar