Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FUNNY!! Message board..AU Tiger fan on game and comment on Bobby Petrino

Started by BielemaBrilliance, October 07, 2012, 02:18:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ur

Quote from: dildano on October 07, 2012, 03:25:00 pm
You may be right. But it drops in January.
He may get three more wins this year and that is it. You can't win with zero offense. What does the buyout drop to in Jan. 2013 and Jan. 2014? This is the deciding factor. He is as good as gone if it is not a major drop.

ur

Google is Awesome.
Chizik's $10 million buyout drops to zero over the five years of his contract:
2011: $10 million
2012: $7.5 million
2013: $5 million
2014: $3.5 million
2015: $0

T I G E R

The buyout means nothing. It's already been pledged and a check would be written tomorrow if the decision was made, which it hasn't yet. Nothing will happen until after the season, but you can be sure the wheels are in motion. Regardless of what Dye is saying publicly.

BTW, his buyout is not even close to what is reported.

dildano

Quote from: ur on October 07, 2012, 05:25:21 pm
He may get three more wins this year and that is it. You can't win with zero offense. What does the buyout drop to in Jan. 2013 and Jan. 2014? This is the deciding factor. He is as good as gone if it is not a major drop.
Unless there is MASSIVE improvement, and we have no reason to believe there will be, he'll be as good as fired by December. I don't think they'll drop the hammer until January to save the scratch. 5 mil is a drop in the bucket compared to the money the university and city stand to lose with another season like this in 2013. Ticket sales and local businesses are already feeling the effects. I hate to say it, but an Iron Bowl win would be the worst thing that could happen at this point. Not that there is much chance of that.
Auburn Tigers- National Champions 1900, 1904, 1913, 1914, 1957,1958,1983, 1993, 2004, 2010

The Boar War

Quote from: dildano on October 07, 2012, 01:18:51 pm
Sorry. We ain't Arkansas. Chick will not get another year. He might not finish this season.

You're right.  Auburn is definitely not Arkansas.  Not even close.

ChicoHog

Quote from: HotlantaHog on October 07, 2012, 03:34:37 pm
Chizik is in serious trouble.... The fact is, Cam Newton and Guz Malzah deserve most of the credit for the championship and Chizik's role was pretty minimal. Auburn fans are bright enough to realize this. Chizik has some goodwill from a championship season, but less than if he had really built the team that won it.

I am told that Iowa State was thrilled when Chizik left for Auburn. His next job will be as a coordinator or in the NFL.
Speaking of Iowa St, Paul rhoades is looking like a pretty good candidate right now.  And Chizik can go back to Texas and be Brown's D-coordinator.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: T I G E R on October 07, 2012, 08:16:38 pm
The buyout means nothing. It's already been pledged and a check would be written tomorrow if the decision was made, which it hasn't yet. Nothing will happen until after the season, but you can be sure the wheels are in motion. Regardless of what Dye is saying publicly.

BTW, his buyout is not even close to what is reported.

Even if his buyout is that large, that is not unmanageable for a large athletic program. Get the right coach and 7.5 can be paid back fairly quickly. Hire the wrong coach and it is more cumbersome. There are ALWAYS risk when firing/hiring.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

milton14

The fans are wanting his head on a platter this year. A women sitting behind me said they was going to go put a for sale sign in his yard Saturday night and there was signs hanging from frat houses saying i bet u 40 million u miss Bobby Petrino! They want him!

3BoarsDown

Cheezit is the 8th highest paid coach in the country.

Auburn = idiots

Rolltide4ever

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on October 07, 2012, 09:07:51 am
What is their most popular board?

I don't know if this is their most popular board or not, but it's one funny site to read.
Here is a link to a thread showing some of their coaching wish list.
The name of the site is AUFAMILY,com

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/126038-whos-out-there/
This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever,leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain,not loss-good, not evil. Success,not failure in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it.
Kept in the wallet of Paul William Bryant.