Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

would Kevin Sumlin take our HC job?I

Started by hawgtime, October 03, 2012, 01:52:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgtime

I like his offense and his defense seems to be doing well.

GO HOGS GO!

Bubba's Bruisers

I wish.  Could we offer him a similiar recruiting base?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

code red

Quote from: hawgtime on October 03, 2012, 01:52:35 pm

GO HOGS GO!
Texas A&M has money galore....he is a Aggie for as long as he can churn out 8 win seasons.  Plus, he will soon out recruit the Longhorns.  UT really messed up not coming to the SEC.  Now they are on the outside looking in.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

99toLife

Turminator

ncrebel

Not going to happen.  Lateral move at best.
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

The Great Hogsby

Wha????

After beating us by 50?

They are in the SEC now and are about to add on to their stadium to put it over 100,000.

Nope, he ain't coming.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

mbgrulz

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 03, 2012, 01:53:23 pm
I wish.  Could we offer him a similiar recruiting base?
Not even close!!!!

aTm is directly in between Dallas and Houston and Austin. There are 50X's more high schools to recruit from just in that area than the whole state of Arkansas.

Thats one thing that Gary Blair said when he got to aTm. Houston alone had 9X's the high schools as the whole state of Arkansas.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 03, 2012, 02:04:16 pm
Not even close!!!!

aTm is directly in between Dallas and Houston and Austin. There are 50X's more high schools to recruit from just in that area than the whole state of Arkansas.

Thats one thing that Gary Blair said when he got to aTm. Houston alone had 9X's the high schools as the whole state of Arkansas.

This is exactly why we need a Coach and a staff that can recruit Texas!  We need a Coach with Texas ties.  Most of the great Arkansas teams of the past had a heavy dose of key Texas recruits. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 03, 2012, 02:04:16 pm
Not even close!!!!

Apparently I did a poor job of conveying my question.  It was intended as sarcasm.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HiggiePiggy

Lol lets ask if all the coaches that are in the West division will come to Arkansas!!!!

No none of them will. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

The Great Hogsby

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 03, 2012, 02:10:12 pm
Lol lets ask if all the coaches that are in the West division will come to Arkansas!!!!

No none of them will.

Well...there is one from Auburn that might would after this season.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

Hogtimes

GO HOGS GO!

Why would he want to move down to  lesser job............

DCimport

smh at some of the names people are throwing out.

Aston Martin 8 dude

GO HOGS GO!
Uhh.....I think he just took over a new program this year: it's called Texas A and M. I don't think he'll likely pull up roots again after one season.

CallThemHawgs!

malibu327

October 03, 2012, 03:13:38 pm #17 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 03:20:36 pm by malibu327
Quote from: code red on October 03, 2012, 01:54:41 pm
Texas A&M has money galore....he is a Aggie for as long as he can churn out 8 win seasons.  Plus, he will soon out recruit the Longhorns.  UT really messed up not coming to the SEC.  Now they are on the outside looking in.
This comment is full of fail.  aTm will not out recruit Texas and if they did, they would churn out more than 8 wins a season(even in the SEC). Texas didn't mess anything up, they will still be at the top and will play for as many, if not more national championships as they would if they were in the SEC.

racingpossum

GO HOGS GO!

Take your hog colored glasses off and use some common sense. The A&M job is better than the Arkansas.

Due to our recruiting base we rank at best 5th just in the west. Alabama, LSU, A&M, and Auburn are all better jobs that are easier to recruit to there schools.

All that being said I think we end up with a Steve Sark type hire.

DukeOfPork

GO HOGS GO!

Dumb.  -1

MJ2

No, A&M will take care of him very well and he'll own the state of TX in 2 years.

malibu327

latrops

GO HOGS GO!

We are a year late on that one.  aTm is a great job for him...don't see much reason for him to leave.

Arkansas Fan

Why do some people just throw names out there? Sumlin won't leave A&M for Arkansas.

Mr. Porkleone

GO HOGS GO!

why even post this...He just took A&M job...

TommyTwoHog

Dont want him, but cant wait to see Holgorsen hang 70 on his sorry arse next year.

SoonerInSpringdale

Lol notsureifsrs

Aggies were a middle of the pack team in the Big 12.  They will be top 3-4 in the SEC.  He's happy to be out of the Big12 and with Texas A&M.  Not a chance he moves to Fayetteville.  Lol

hawgtime

thanks for all of the positive responses. It was a legitimate question. Not everybody is tuned into the nuances of coaching hiring practices. This is how we learn. I really like this coach and I have been a hog fan for life. I want my hogs to do well. AND WE ARE NOT!

smite me all you want. I will still love the Hogs!

Athog

Why? He is at Texas AM. Can we give more $$?  Do we have better recruiting base? I think many Ar fans are delusional!!

Hogmiser

Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

Aggie96

LMAO... you are kidding right? Yeah maybe Stoops will leave OU for the job too... can't hurt to ask...
You can eat the Apple but don't Eff with the Corps!!! GIG 'EM!!!

CoachHoggin

We have nothing to offer over A&M.  Nothing. 

GoHogs1091

Sumlin's Defensive Coordinator, Mark Snyder has really made an improvement to A&M's Defense.  I know we had 500 yards against them, but we scored only 10 points against Snyder's Defense.  Snyder and Sam Pittman (Tennessee's 1st season Offensive Line Coach) are probably the 2 new SEC Assistant Coaches who have had the most positive impact so far to this point this season out of all of the new SEC Assistant Coaches.

The following I noticed posted on a SEC Message Board as it pertains to what Mark Snyder has accomplished so far with A&M's Defense.

Pass Defense:  from 336.75 ypg to 232.50 ypg
Total Defense:  from 399.75 ypg to 338.50 ypg
Scoring Defense:  from 23.25 ppg to 11.75 ppg
Pass Efficiency Defense:  from 138.14 to 101.06
Turnovers Forced:  from 3 to 6
3rd Down Defense:  from 40% (26/65) to 26.5% (18/68)

He took a defense that lost 2 starting defensive linemen and 3 starting defensive backs and significantly upgraded their performance.

defuzer

Aggie96

I think you could have a good shot at Chizik  ;D ;D ;D

Great win by the way! Hopefully your boys can build on that
You can eat the Apple but don't Eff with the Corps!!! GIG 'EM!!!

LR Hog

GO HOGS GO!

No and hell no.  I don't want him anyway.
Like a boss.

DukeOfPork

GO HOGS GO!

No.

Quit posting.

Buff

mbgrulz

October 07, 2012, 08:43:50 pm #38 Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:48:55 pm by mbgrulz
Some of yall are Basing your opinion of aTm on how bad they beat us, and that is retarded.

Beating us is like getting some from the ugliest girl in the bar. Not impressive. It's no different than Mizzou beating us in the CB in 2007.

Im not buying that aTm will be a power in the SEC. You're not going to go from middle of the pack in the big 12, to top 3-4 in SEC. They'll be Miss St's twin IMO. Always good, always have talent, but not Bama, LSU, or UF.

HoggyCat

I was channel surfing and saw the beginning if his coaching show. Damn that dude looks mean!!!!
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*