Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

INformal Poll - New Darksider Nation (Week 4 complete)

Started by Doug, September 23, 2012, 10:36:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

So... where do you stand now that Week 4 is done?

I support both Jeff Long and John L Smith
Jeff Long Darksider (I support John L Smith)
John L Smith Darksider (I support Jeff Long)
Complete Darksider v²

Doug

I'll be doing this once a week so I can monitor the progress of people's decision. If you voted in the last one, please vote in this one as well.

Week 2's poll: 792 of you voted.
Week 3's poll: 865 of you voted.

Let's try to get this closer to 1,000 this time.

Keep in mind that this poll has NOTHING to do with the players or the Hogs themselves. We do stand behind and support our Student Athletes. We're only talking about John Smith and Jeff Long.

Keep it civil and respectful. If you can't behave, you'll be bounced for a minimum of two weeks.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Dirty

Hogs-n-Roses

Every one needs to be reminded that the darkside does still have cookies. :)

hoglife

September 23, 2012, 11:15:39 am #3 Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:18:41 am by hoglife
NM

hoglife

I have wanted Jeffery gone  from before he finished his press conference where he announce BP's firing. Have always thought JLS was a stupid move. Have always expected the team to meltdown, but did not think it would start with ULM. Now it's on to the next beating. Gee thanks Jeffery and the morality police.

Ramble on Barbershop

Still a Darksider, and I will always be, as long as the UofA is been put through so much. Hell it smoking Mari, helps through tough times. On the positive note, the pain will be short lived. This is not the Nutt-bull we had to endure for 10 years.
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

Brand X Hog Fan

How can anyone support Jeff Long but not John L? JLS is what he is. Jeff knew that and hired him anyway. Don't hate on JLS. It isn't his fault we are in this mess.

Complete Darksider v2
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

BadHog

Darksiders in a strong lead over the Morality Crusaders.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

AppleHog

Crap I'm on my phone and I accidentally selected Jls dark sider.

Meant to select complete dark sider

Sorry for messing up your poll.
Thanks coach.

We had a great time.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I'm starting a Darkside special forces group.  This ridiculousness has to end.  Football season isn't even fun this year.  I can take losing, but to look absolutelu inept is painful and saddening to watch.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

oldrazorband

I have now moved to a complete darksider. JL could redeem himself by correcting this mess and then making the right hire.

The clown needs to be reassigned to birthday parties immediately.

ALAHOG83

Complete Darksider v2. This staff is absolutely ridiculous

Adam Stokes

So question.  Does Don't Support JLS = I want him fired now?  Or does it mean "I just don't like the guy."  I want him to finish the season and then send him packing.

tophawg19

been on the darkside since 2005 . hated the hiring of long too. big east guy who knows nothing about the south , football in the south or the SEC .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

SemperFi

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hawglick

mlloyd4

I reject the term "Darksider"

getting rid of both Smith & Long sounds more like common sense at this point
WPS

kgr

I am so Darkside that I didn't want Jeff Long hired in the first place.  He left Pitt in ashes and he cares about Jeff Long 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

nwarazfan

They can all be fired tonight.  I wouldn't care.

You still don't get the origins of the darkside and will do nothing but embarrass the fanbase with poor, inaccurate narratives and stupid actions which the media will skew.  You learned nothing from 2006-2007 when the majority of you finally decided you wanted to accept change.  Then you had no idea how to proceed and still don't.  But go ahead rally around firing an interim head coach and a.d. 

ronmahony

line them all up and just shoot em. Not the players, just coaches and Long. V2.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

centarkswine

After the Rutgers game,

I'm officially a Darksider v2.

razorjacket43

jls proved he is a looser this weekend against the rutts and long hired him so that doesn't say much for him either.
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

GuvHog

September 24, 2012, 12:54:14 pm #27 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:56:18 pm by Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb
Quote from: nwarazfan on September 23, 2012, 07:43:52 pm
They can all be fired tonight.  I wouldn't care.

You still don't get the origins of the darkside and will do nothing but embarrass the fanbase with poor, inaccurate narratives and stupid actions which the media will skew.  You learned nothing from 2006-2007 when the majority of you finally decided you wanted to accept change.  Then you had no idea how to proceed and still don't.  But go ahead rally around firing an interim head coach and a.d. 

You're dead wrong about that. We all learned well when an AD isn't doing his job properly, he needs to go and Frank went. Hooty wasn't doing his job and was making enemies with his behind the scenes actions so he had to go. Jeff Long is a terrible AD, JLS is a terrible HC, so they both need to go too ASAP. It really saddens me that so many of the original Darksiders who were so good at realizing how bad Hooty was, have allowed themselves to be so completely fooled and snowed by this so called AD.

Darksider v2
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

choicesthops

Just two days into the poll and with a vote count of about half the last vote tally, clear trends are shown.

Huge drop for Jeff Long support (-14.8%), and a surge in complete darksider votes (+14.3%). Support for JLS or a combo of both JLS and Long stay in huge minority.

choicesthops

It seems to me that a majority of the base doesn't support Long or his decision and especially do not support JLS. Long's PR crew must be on fire because clearly a lot of us (a majority) don't support him, but the media constantly protects him. By media I mean the Arkansas radio and print. He doesn't take any heat and they say he had no choice.

/rant

Hogs-n-Roses

I'll only speak for myself who was brought over to the darkside by Porkerpower and say that many of the darksiders were so worn out by that Nuttzzi ordeal that we're not going to get that emotionally involved ever again. I am fairly outspoken in this ordeal but not like that last fiasco. Man we were out of cookies near the end.
Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 24, 2012, 12:54:14 pm
You're dead wrong about that. We all learned well when an AD isn't doing his job properly, he needs to go and Frank went. Hooty wasn't doing his job and was making enemies with his behind the scenes actions so he had to go. Jeff Long is a terrible AD, JLS is a terrible HC, so they both need to go too ASAP. It really saddens me that so many of the original Darksiders who were so good at realizing how bad Hooty was, have allowed themselves to be so completely fooled and snowed by this so called AD.

Darksider v2

Cave City Joe

JLS is doing what he was hired to do...nothing.  But he needs to keep his mouth SHUT!  What an embarassment.  I'll hold judgement on Long to see who he hires, but it's not looking good for him.  Surely he knew JLS is the baffoon he is showing everyone he is.
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

I still do not blame John Long for canning Petrino.   I do blame him for not having a replacement.  Common Logic and Management Brains demands that you have a plan, a good plan , a plan in line with your position and compensation for just about any happening.  Logic also demands that you do not pull the trigger unless you do have said plan which in this case would have been a decent hire to replace Petrino.                                                 

Petrino really messed up.  He wasn't going anywhere cause he really wanted to stay.  Hell hang him on, don't let your personal ego get in the way and find us a respectable coach, then fire his rear.  You could have easily dragged this out for another month without damage to anyone.  Even Petrino would have received pay for another month.  I did not blame John Long at first because I thought he had a respectable plan.  Sadly, he knew JLS and knew his personalty.  He should have known this wouldn't work.  We fans couldn't know this until it hit front and center but John Long should have.  Long has totally misserved his position and after that is clear to all the free world, where is he now.  Texting and Twittering I guess. 

EastexHawg

I almost feel guilty about lumping John L. Smith in with Jeff Long on Ethics, Short on Wins.  John L. can't help who he is.

Nevertheless, complete darksider.  A house cleaning is needed, and Long needs to be the first out the door.

basscat3

I still support J.Long  Petrinos actions forced Long to fire him.  As far as the JLS hire, I thought it was a good move at the time but now  :puke:   But your not going to get a great coach in April.  I would like to see Horton moved to HC for the rest of the season. I'll wait on JL next hire before I turn on him..  Go Hogs!!
Quote from: losthawg68 on February 19, 2010, 10:48:52 PM
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike
down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my frito pie. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you

HawgWyld

Quote from: Cave City Joe on September 24, 2012, 08:17:04 pm
JLS is doing what he was hired to do...nothing.  But he needs to keep his mouth SHUT!  What an embarassment.  I'll hold judgement on Long to see who he hires, but it's not looking good for him.  Surely he knew JLS is the baffoon he is showing everyone he is.
I still say Jeff Long hired John L. Smith because he lost a bet. That would make sense, at least.

Hogfaniam

dsv2

only wearing black hog stuff til new leadership is in place.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

redeye

If only it were all this simple.

I don't know if Long made the right decision, but I support him until someone comes up with some proof that he didn't. If Smith's contract is extended without any adequate explanation, then that will change quickly. I was ready for Nutt and Nolan to go long before most Arkansas fans, but the criticism for Long and Smith just seems ridiculous and unjustified.

I wholeheartedly support Smith, because he's doing what he was hired to do. We all knew what we were getting when he was hired and only have ourselves to blame for glossing it all over. If Smith had a multi-year contract, then I'd be angry, but he does not. The players got who they wanted and the fans will have to wait. The idea of firing a coach who's already on the way out the door, just to "salvage" one season, is ludicrous and would do far more harm then good.

basscat3

Quote from: redeye on September 25, 2012, 02:08:57 am
If only it were all this simple.

I don't know if Long made the right decision, but I support him until someone comes up with some proof that he didn't. If Smith's contract is extended without any adequate explanation, then that will change quickly. I was ready for Nutt and Nolan to go long before most Arkansas fans, but the criticism for Long and Smith just seems ridiculous and unjustified.

I wholeheartedly support Smith, because he's doing what he was hired to do. We all knew what we were getting when he was hired and only have ourselves to blame for glossing it all over. If Smith had a multi-year contract, then I'd be angry, but he does not. The players got who they wanted and the fans will have to wait. The idea of firing a coach who's already on the way out the door, just to "salvage" one season, is ludicrous and would do far more harm then good.

Very well said +1
Quote from: losthawg68 on February 19, 2010, 10:48:52 PM
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike
down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my frito pie. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you

Tim Harris

Are the numbers actually changing very much each week? 

Based on the threads I've seen most people made their decision in April.  They either wanted Long fired then or they were willing to see who he hired after the season.

Doug

Quote from: Tim HarrisAre the numbers actually changing very much each week?

Based on the threads I've seen most people made their decision in April.  They either wanted Long fired then or they were willing to see who he hired after the season.
Enough for me to actually track this throughout the season.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

longtimeHogfan

I'm willing to see if our new coach has that 'wow' factor before giving up completely on JL.  I liked what BP was doing getting us to the top of the food-chain before he screwed up and I certainly like his hire of Mike Anderson.  In retrospect, he may have some negative private thoughts about JLS, but there's little he can do about that now.  The season is going to be what it's going to be and we'll move on. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 24, 2012, 12:54:14 pm

Darksider v2

Wrong about what?  Saying that I wouldn't care if Long or our interim coach were fired immediately?  Even you should see that statement is making it clear I'm not opposing your group.  I just find it stupid, childish and redundant.  Everytime a faction doesn't like something they start clamoring to rally the darksiders.  Again, you and most of those who are doing that have no idea what it is.  Going after an interim coach and an AD in this situation is nowhere close to comparable to the fight we had for our program during the Nutt era. 

I will say that firing Long may not be viewed well by coaching candidates.  And if he were to be fired, a new one would need to be in place quickly as coaches like to know who their boss would be.  Again, not sure the timing is right to fire an AD.  But go ahead with your posse.