Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MANNY DIAZ as HEAD COACH!!!!

Started by One Bad Boy, September 17, 2012, 10:17:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

One Bad Boy

Dr. Starcs

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

johnny cash

dizzy_lavender

The Great Hambino

One Bad Boy

Some of these DC and OC are better choices than some of these leftovers  and out of coaching.

go hogues

Worst move we could make, other than keeping JLS. What has he done that has shown he's worthy of being a head coach?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

idochog

I love Jesus!

RazorSwag

checkraiser88

cashmoneyman_04

Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

rljjr

Quote from: cashmoneyman_04 on September 17, 2012, 11:28:19 pm
At least Manny Diaz runs his own defense

That leaks like a sieve in the Big 12.

RazorSwag

Quote from: cashmoneyman_04 on September 17, 2012, 11:28:19 pm
At least Manny Diaz runs his own defense

Hmmm do I want the guy who we carved up each year we played him or the guy who just handed us our asses in a box. I'll take Smart for 400. And maybe he doesnt make all the calls but he is the ultimate Saban disciple, has deep ties in the south and ACTUALLY GETS EXCITED WITH YOUNG EXCITABLE PLAYERS much like another successful Assistant recruiter- Trooper Taylor, only bonus: he's not trooper taylor

cashmoneyman_04

Quote from: RazorSwag on September 18, 2012, 12:05:56 am

Hmmm do I want the guy who we carved up each year we played him or the guy who just handed us our asses in a box. I'll take Smart for 400. And maybe he doesnt make all the calls but he is the ultimate Saban disciple, has deep ties in the south and ACTUALLY GETS EXCITED WITH YOUNG EXCITABLE PLAYERS much like another successful Assistant recruiter- Trooper Taylor, only bonus: he's not trooper taylor
hey i'm not saying I want Diaz...I don't...I was just commenting to the person that said he wanted Kirby Smart.  I DO NOT WANT AN ASSISTANT
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

RazorSwag

Quote from: cashmoneyman_04 on September 18, 2012, 12:12:18 am
hey i'm not saying I want Diaz...I don't...I was just commenting to the person that said he wanted Kirby Smart.  I DO NOT WANT AN ASSISTANT

That's fair, and I too agree that the assistant route is not whats needed right now.  But when it comes to Diaz I just dont understand all the hype

Hog inAustin

I see him as the next head coach in waiting at UT.  Agree with the experience comments but I have met and talked with him and he is a sharp guy, presents well and everyone with a connection to UT seems to love him.   Kindof Muschamp like from an intensity perspective without the over-the-top profanity.  With Diaz coming from the SEC (Mississippi State) there was some fear among some of my friends that we might go calling when Petrino was fired.  Whether or not he's ready to be a head coach now (I think this keeps him
out of our picture), he will be a head coach sooner than later and don't be surprised to see him get the shot when Mack hangs it up in a handful of years. 

Chief Mac

Can't have the defensive coach that handed us our butts....Saban ain't leaving Bama.  Smart is the "defensive coordinator" like Paul was the "offensive coordinator" under Bobby. 
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Tim Harris

IF we have to go the assistant route Manny would be my top choice.  I have some major concerns with Smart.  We saw that Paul was no more than a position coach under Petrino and I fear Smart may be the same thing at Bama.

idochog

Lowest I would want to drop is strong
I love Jesus!

CDBHawg

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 18, 2012, 05:12:38 am
Can't have the defensive coach that handed us our butts....Saban ain't leaving Bama.  Smart is the "defensive coordinator" like Paul was the "offensive coordinator" under Bobby.

You'd think people would get this.

TomballHog

This.   This is assuming that Smart is the architect of the Bama defense or has learned enough to replicate it elsewhere.  Dont know enough about him or any assistant at this point to avoid hiring a "players coach".

HawginTexas

As a reminder to all those who are anti assistants as next head coach, are we better than Nebraska, Oklahoma, Florida State, Georgia, Florida, Clemson, West Virgina? You may not like all the head coaches at those schools, but they are big time programs that hired an assistant to be their HC.

I'm not saying Manny is the guy for us, I'm just saying don't think it's not a possibility that we get an assistant as our next head coach as well.

TMc

I like Diaz - but again no head coaching experience.., haven't researched Smart as much - but Manny has coached some very good defenses at Middle Tn State and I felt Ms State was differently on defense without him.  I think he will possibly be a great head coach one day.., but at Arkansas right now.., we need the closest thing to a sure thing that we can get.

Pig in the Pokey

Smart is the paul petrino of DCs. no bueno.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

CDBHawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 18, 2012, 09:45:05 am
Smart is the paul petrino of DCs. no bueno.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't want to find out.

Blue35

arkansasstory

Please no coordinators with no experience at head coaching.
Also no coordinators on great teams with over 3/4 of the players are 5 stars and the other quarter is 4 stars.
I'm sure any coach would succeed with a roster like Alabama and LSU. Well except Shula
I want someone like BP, who can take 3 stars and make them play like 4 and 5 stars.
Yes I would like to get a roster full of 4 and 5 stars, but we need a coach who can work with 3 stars.

MuskogeeHogFan

I agree with this and it makes you wonder if he would be as effective on his own as he is under Saban?

Look at our staff. We all thought they would be fine because all they had to do was follow the BP template for success. Obviously NO ONE is demanding excellence from the staff or players in terms of execution like BP did when he was here. We see the results of that.

Would Kirby Smart be less effective without Saban? No one knows for certain. We think he would be effective but until he gets out from under the shadow of Saban, we will never know.
Go Hogs Go!

downsouthhawg72

Why is everybody so giddy about Kirby Smart? How many Head coaches have Saban put out? Do anybody have names of the people that Saban has developed as head coaches. He might have but I can't think of any. Diaz will probably be a better head coach than Smart but if we had to go that way I much rather just snag James Franklin up & call it a day.
DownSouthHawg