Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We had zero penalties against Alabama

Started by Fayettechill14, September 17, 2012, 08:53:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fayettechill14

Technically, we had one: a five-yarder on Breeding's kick out of the end zone. But no others. No false starts, no holding, no PI, no offsides, no personal fouls, nothing. I'm actually impressed with this (if nothing else).

Divot

H&D

Just shows we weren't playing hard.  And it's hard to get a PI when you are never within 10 yards of the receivers.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Arkansas Fan

felixfan

hard to get penalties when all you do is get punched in the mouth and stay on the ground.

Hayden1865

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 17, 2012, 08:53:58 pm
Technically, we had one: a five-yarder on Breeding's kick out of the end zone. But no others. No false starts, no holding, no PI, no offsides, no personal fouls, nothing. I'm actually impressed with this (if nothing else).
Great! now we just need to fix that whole losing by 52 problem we have and we are golden.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

WashUhog6

Unfortunately, that stat is negated by the 55 fumbles, and that whole 52 point thing.

Tusks

I see nothing positive about this.......52-0
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PigTales

That and no one getting hurt were the two positives other than that it was a pretty "gloomy " day

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

PonderinHog

Quote from: nutted on September 17, 2012, 09:10:39 pm
I see nothing positive about this.......52-0
You, sir, are just not into moral victories. ::)

HoGustav

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: HoGustav on September 17, 2012, 09:16:52 pm
Our unis were more fashionable too .

Maybe the anthracite unis would have been worth 6 points.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

Our biggest penalty was standing on the sidelines trying to figure out what day it was....

Oliver

I've always said that no team is ever going to play the perfect game.  Complete every pass.  Never let the other team complete a pass.  Don't turn it over at all, etc.

The same can be said for the worst game.  I'm guessing our lack of penalties saved us

Hoggish1

The Great Hambino

racingpossum

If you are impressed by this in a game  where we got smashed 52-0 then you don't know football. We quit.  Hard to get penalties when you don't show any emotion and quit.

The only thing impressive about that game was Tyler Wilson's postgame comments after not even playing.

hoghiker

No penalties is at least something to build on. It's positive. One step at a time. If we can get that kind of focus on the defense, and yes, the offense, We might turn this thing around. I bet it was emphasized in practice last week. Let's give some credit where credit is do. I don't think we ever had a penatly free game under Petrino.

hogwild210

There were no penalties because there was no aggression.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Wild Bill Hog

Only shows how much faster they are than we are.  We couldn't get close enough to them to commit a penalty.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: hoghiker on September 17, 2012, 09:42:24 pm
No penalties is at least something to build on. It's positive. One step at a time.

No it's not. No penalties means you're not playing hard. The team quit. That is not positive.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Ty Webb240

Looks like we are turning the corner and moving in the right direction. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Ty Webb240 on September 17, 2012, 09:51:53 pm
But not too fast.  We don't want a penalty.

TNRazorbacker

Exactly the same number of points and only a few more yards.

JLS is a stickler for consistency.

Blue35

We had false starts but they were not called. Saban was upset by that.

hoghiker

Quote from: Ty Webb240 on September 17, 2012, 09:51:53 pm
Your seein' what I'm seein".

HognotinMemphis

When you are not making maximum effort, it's easy not to jump off sides or move early.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

SquidBilly

I'm surprised the refs didn't leave the clock running in the second half to speed things along as well.