Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching 'search' is already done....and you know it.

Started by LZH, September 17, 2012, 08:22:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Jeff Long has his man, albeit he may not know exactly which guy is his 'man' yet.  I do know that he has a list, he even told us he had a working list back when BP was kicking arse (just in case)...and on that list is our next coach.  Phone calls have been made all over the country, coaches have been vetted, and backdoor deals have been discussed.  Where that coach ranks on his list is undetermined, it may be his first, second, third choice, etc...but he's there - and he knows he's gonna be the next Razorback coach unless someone higher on JL's list changes his mind.

Do any of you really think that he would have been hired at the University of Arkansas without presenting a plan for things such as this?  Do you really think JL expected JLS to take this team to the Cotton or Sugar Bowl?  Duh.  He was hired to take the heat and ride off into the God-forsaken mess that is the end of our season.  Wake up.

And one other thing.  Whomever JL hires as HC, the wins and losses are up to the COACH!!!  Even if Stoops, Gruden, Carroll, etc. come in here and bomb, it's on their shoulders, not the AD.

Tell me I'm wrong.

dizzy_lavender

Any respectable athletic director would have a contingency plan for when their very successful football coach lies about an affair with a coed half his age.

LZH

hobhog

What about Jack Del Rio, DC for Broncos and former Jaguar head coach. Possible?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: dizzy_lavender on September 17, 2012, 08:30:03 pm
Any respectable athletic director would have a contingency plan for when their very successful football coach lies about an affair with a coed half his age.

Jeff Long is not a respectable athletic director.

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Quote from: dizzy_lavender on September 17, 2012, 08:30:03 pm

J. Long's plan while CBP was here:

Step 1:  We got CBMFP!   
Step 2.  Win  :razorback:
Step 3: $

Now:

Step 4:  Fire CBP?!
Step 5:  Hire JLS?!   ???
Step 6:  JL packs up his ####
Step 7:  JL & JLS GTFO of town

Onthewalk94

Everytime you smite me God kills a kitten. Smite away, I hate cats.

LZH

EastexHawg

Quote from: LedZepHog on September 17, 2012, 08:22:11 pm
Jeff Long has his man

And that's exactly what I'm worried about.  Jeff Long making yet another coaching decision...

Calling All Hogs

I'm beginning to think that JLS was brought in so that anyone Long hires will look good by comparison.

Pigsknuckles

Does it bother anybody to realize that our next coach will likely be someone nobody wants, has recently been fired, or for whatever masochistic reason, comes out of retirement?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

sickboy

Dude, I have contingency plans for my bathroom breaks...you don't think an athletic director in the SEC doesn't have contingency plans for losing his coach?

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 17, 2012, 08:45:59 pm
And that's exactly what I'm worried about.  Jeff Long making yet another coaching decision...
The last two permanent hires worked out.

SavoySeamster

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

Redhogs

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 17, 2012, 08:46:59 pm
Does it bother anybody to realize that our next coach will likely be someone nobody wants, has recently been fired, or for whatever masochistic reason, comes out of retirement?
Anything is possible with this blithering idiot......I would go as far as to say this is very likely....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Jeff Long has his man, albeit he may not know exactly which guy is his 'man' yet.  I do know that he has a list, he even told us he had a working list back when BP was kicking arse (just in case)...and on that list is our next coach.  Phone calls have been made all over the country, coaches have been vetted, and backdoor deals have been discussed.  Where that coach ranks on his list is undetermined, it may be his first, second, third choice, etc...but he's there - and he knows he's gonna be the next Razorback coach unless someone higher on JL's list changes his mind.

Do any of you really think that he would have been hired at the University of Arkansas without presenting a plan for things such as this?  Do you really think JL expected JLS to take this team to the Cotton or Sugar Bowl?  Duh.  He was hired to take the heat and ride off into the God-forsaken mess that is the end of our season.  Wake up.

And one other thing.  Whomever JL hires as HC, the wins and losses are up to the COACH!!!  Even if Stoops, Gruden, Carroll, etc. come in here and bomb, it's on their shoulders, not the AD.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Go back to your cage Teresa
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: CallMeHog on September 17, 2012, 08:46:36 pm
I'm beginning to think that JLS was brought in so that anyone Long hires will look good by comparison.

I attempted to offer up this very theory earlier today, but nobody bit.

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Danny J

After the bama loss there were some on here clamoring for HDN. So you may be onto something.

sickboy

Why? There are tons of coaches we could get out there that don't fall into this category. Charlie Strong for one. Holgerson maybe. Just about every name thrown around here doesn't fit in this list.

redeye

You may be right. But after all the poor management we've seen over the past 20+ years, nothing surprises me anymore.

Pigsknuckles

September 17, 2012, 09:44:55 pm #21 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:47:43 pm by Pigsknuckles
Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on September 17, 2012, 08:54:06 pm
Why? There are tons of coaches we could get out there that don't fall into this category. Charlie Strong for one. Holgerson maybe. Just about every name thrown around here doesn't fit in this list.

So, why aren't they working?

(Admittedly some likely are in other positions)

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

EastexHawg

Quote from: Karma on September 17, 2012, 08:50:36 pm
The last two permanent hires worked out.

Even when you cherry pick, it's iffy.  How can you say Mike Anderson has worked out?  Because it was a feel good, nostalgic hire?  I think I'll wait for the Sweet 16s to start rolling in before I celebrate.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on September 17, 2012, 08:53:01 pm
After the bama loss there were some on here clamoring for HDN. So you may be onto something.
What's next? People hoping Auburn fires Chizik so we can hire him?  :puke:

Ramtough

We hire defensive coordinators and head coaches for all the wrong reasons. We worry to much what the rest of the country or the media thinks. You don't really believe that Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, USC, Ohio State, Or any reputable program would not have a plan for losing a coach in the spring. They would just go take a coach or at least make a very smart decision on what to do until they could hire a coach. Jeff clearly had no plan thus Homer Simpson is on our sidelines.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Danny J

Quote from: CallMeHog on September 17, 2012, 09:52:54 pm
What's next? People hoping Auburn fires Chizik so we can hire him?  :puke:
Don't give em any ideas.

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 17, 2012, 09:51:33 pm
Even when you cherry pick, it's iffy.  How can you say Mike Anderson has worked out?  Because it was a feel good, nostalgic hire?  I think I'll wait for the Sweet 16s to start rolling in before I celebrate.
Are you not happy with the Anderson hire?

hobhog

Nope, don't realize that happening....

hawgs4packers

This is what I have been thinking all along. After a year of this, anyone is going to look great.
WOW!!!

Fort Dweller

Quote from: HogBreath on September 17, 2012, 09:50:41 pm
If it keeps keeps on raining, the leevee's going to break.

Cryin' won't help ya, prayin' won't do ya' no good
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

St. Hogustine

Long having a plan and the coaching search being done may prove to be two very different things.

sowmonella

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 17, 2012, 09:51:33 pm

Anderson was a proven winner as a HC and a great hire. So was Petrino until he blew it.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

cityhog

Tell me I'm wrong.

Ok. You're wrong. Long will be lead by the nose by the ptb to our next coach just like he was with mike Anderson. That coaching search was a sham as will this one be.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Karma on September 17, 2012, 10:16:16 pm
Are you not happy with the Anderson hire?

I think he'll end up a mediocre coach with a mediocre program.  The only way he would have brought back 1994 and 1995 would have been if Corliss, Scotty, and Corey stepped into a time machine, became 20-22 again, and came with him.

It was an emotional, nostalgic hire that made people yearning for the good old days feel better.  But we'll see.

cityhog

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 17, 2012, 10:26:12 pm
I think he'll end up a mediocre coach with a mediocre program.  The only way he would have brought back 1994 and 1995 would have been if Corliss, Scotty, and Corey stepped into a time machine, became 20-22 again, and came with him.

It was an emotional, nostalgic hire that made people yearning for the good old days feel better.  But we'll see.

Nailed it. Foolish hire for a nostalgic fanbase. That hire was to appease the fans and nothing else.

sickboy

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 17, 2012, 09:44:55 pm
So, why aren't they working?

(Admittedly some likely are in other positions)

Maybe, I'm confused. I'm talking about coaches who are coaching that would possibly come to Arkansas who aren't someone nobody wants, has recently been fired, or for whatever masochistic reason, coming out of retirement.

Those could be and are not limited to:

Charlie Strong
Dana Holgerson
Chris Peterson
Gary Patterson
Kirby Smart
Greg Roman
Josh McDaniel
Butch Davis (people want him)
Steve Sarkisian

I don't know...there's probably more. That's off the top of my head.

Ramtough

Anderson is a long way from proving that he was a good hire. He must first get recuits that can win and then win games and then win championships. Like I said a long way from proving himself at Arkansas As a head coach.

pigbacon

Say a top notch coach is hired. Who decides what the budget he has to work with in hiring assistants? This is important.

You can buy a lamborghini, but whithout fuel it's not going anywhere.

Fatmanhog

to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

4me2know

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on September 17, 2012, 10:32:37 pm
Maybe, I'm confused. I'm talking about coaches who are coaching that would possibly come to Arkansas who aren't someone nobody wants, has recently been fired, or for whatever masochistic reason, coming out of retirement.

Charlie Strong
Dana Holgerson
Chris Peterson
Gary Patterson
Kirby Smart
Greg Roman
Josh McDaniel
Steve Sarkisian

Paul Rhoads

4me2know

Quote from: Ramtough on September 17, 2012, 10:34:22 pm
Anderson is a long way from proving that he was a good hire. He must first get recuits that can win and then win games and then win championships. Like I said a long way from proving himself at Arkansas As a head coach.

Charlie Strong
Dana Holgerson
Chris Peterson
Gary Patterson
Kirby Smart
Greg Roman
Josh McDaniel
Steve Sarkisian

Paul Rhoads

dirtdobber

Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2012, 08:34:11 pm
What about Jack Del Rio, DC for Broncos and former Jaguar head coach. Possible?
A very real possibility.

RazorMack

I think Anderson will do pretty good this year, we have some pretty good players coming back, and the team seemed to have a real good trip in Italy, not to mention his 2013 recruiting class is off to a good start... when it comes to football I just hope that Jeff Long makes a good decision for the program, personally I would like to see us hire Dana Holgerson, Chris Peterson, or Gary Patterson, but no matter who Jeff Long hires or how the team plays on the field I will call the hogs through thick and thin

The Great Hambino

Take Sarkisian off any lists. He is not the guy we want.

Kirby Smart, too.

colbs

Quote from: cityhog on September 17, 2012, 10:28:26 pm
Nailed it. Foolish hire for a nostalgic fanbase. That hire was to appease the fans and nothing else.
We'll see. 

Pigsknuckles

Charlie Strong
Dana Holgerson
Chris Peterson
Gary Patterson
Kirby Smart
Greg Roman
Josh McDaniel
Steve Sarkisian

Sorry, wasn't intending to confuse. My real intention was more of a lament that, under the circumstances, any hire was likely to fall into the categories I described. However, you have provided a good list for discussion, and I see some are already taking advantage. good work sir.