Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Petrino is becoming a hot commodity again.

Started by Danny J, September 17, 2012, 03:53:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny J

Bo and jimmy now talking about how bobby's stock is going back up again. Talking about UK showing interest and the national media all together starting to talk about him again.

Bo is SHOCKED he is getting love after what he did. So is jimmy. Bo said it appears to be because he was winning and arkansas now looks terrible.

DUH!!!!! It is ALL about winning. That is all the national media and serious contenders care about.

Kenny Sowers

September 17, 2012, 04:01:58 pm #1 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:04:39 pm by Kenny Sowers
Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on September 17, 2012, 03:53:32 pm
Bo and jimmy now talking about how bobby's stock is going back up again. Talking about UK showing interest and the national media all together starting to talk about him again.

Bo is SHOCKED he is getting love after what he did. So is jimmy. Bo said it appears to be because he was winning and arkansas now looks terrible.

DUH!!!!! It is ALL about winning. That is all the national media and serious contenders care about.

Petrino did not commit a crime punishable by law. With that said there will always be interest in a proven winner. The fact that Bo does not understand this just solidifies the fact he is a idiot. It is all about winning in today's world of college football and it is obvious to the nation now we (Jeff Long) did not care about winning , because if he did he would have suspended Petrino or simply cut his pay.
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

Danny J

Quote from: Kenny Sowers on September 17, 2012, 04:01:58 pm
Petrino did not commit a crime punishable by law. With that said there will always be interest in a proven winner. The fact that Bo does not understand this just solidifies the fact he is a idiot.
Agreed. I am not shocked that the morality police are going to be mystified in short order after he is hired back into the sec. I still don't think they understand what it takes to win in the sec. We created an uneven playing field for ourselves. We do it to ourselves. Like I mentioned it is the third time in the last 30 years.

jkstock04

Naaa...couldn't be.  Hogville experts were 100% sure no school would want him now...too much baggage and not enough integrity. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Bellhog63

Jeff Long committed more of a crime then BP. Holier than thou people ruin everything including our churches. Remember Jesus once said Ye who are without sin cast the first stone. Old Jeffy chunked a boulder. That poor old whore in the Bible would've been crushed if Jeffy was there that day. We All deserve second chances. Looks like BP will get his at Auburn or Tenner.
Call  it like you see it but respect others opinions!

GuvHog

Quote from: Kenny Sowers on September 17, 2012, 04:01:58 pm
Petrino did not commit a crime punishable by law. With that said there will always be interest in a proven winner. The fact that Bo does not understand this just solidifies the fact he is a idiot. It is all about winning in today's world of college football and it is obvious to the nation now we (Jeff Long) did not care about winning , because if he did he would have suspended Petrino or simply cut his pay.

Bobby was used as a scapegoat by Long to cover his backside.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

CoachPetrinoFan

Danny J

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 17, 2012, 04:07:59 pm
Naaa...couldn't be.  Hogville experts were 100% sure no school would want him now...too much baggage and not enough integrity.
These are the same experts that thought losing him and it would make no difference. I remember hearing "I could coach this team to 10 wins".

Just wait to see how they spin him being hired back into the sec. I see it now.

"they are going to find out the hard way by taking a chance on him". Find out what? What winning again feels like?

Parkinhogfan

The idea that people had that CBP would never coach at a high level again because of what transpired in April was completely absurd. Outside of the "morality police and so-called integrity crowd" no one cares about what he did. He broke no laws, committed no NCAA infractions and he won football games. Most people want to win.....well most people except the mental midgets in charge of the hogs football program right now.

Kenny Sowers

Quote from: Bellhog63 on September 17, 2012, 04:09:37 pm
Looks like BP will get his at Auburn or Tenner.
Kentucky will come open before either of those do and don't think that the powers that be at Kentucky have forgotten Bobby rebuilding Louisville.
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

hawgball9401

As I stated when BP, was fired - "He will go to another BCS game before we will".

Justifiable Hogicide

Shocking!
The teams (other than Jeff Long's vision of the Razorbacks) in the SEC want to WIN football games, not polish some imaginary integrity trophy.

Edizzle

Quote from: hawgball9401 on September 17, 2012, 04:15:19 pm
As I stated when BP, was fired - "He will go to another BCS game before we will".
It's sad because it's true.

Hogustus Caesar

The greatest resume bobby has is the failure of Arkansas without him.
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

chortle

Quote from: hawgball9401 on September 17, 2012, 04:15:19 pm

I approve this message.

TMc

Of course he is.., and if it's Kentucky that lands him - they will win there like Bear Bryant did.

footballfan

Quote from: TMc on September 17, 2012, 04:18:19 pm
Of course he is.., and if it's Kentucky that lands him - they will win there like Bear Bryant did.

so now cbp is bear bryant? really people?

whirlwind

The harlot at the well wasn't stoned because Jesus intervened.  The Bible doesn't say but I for one believe that Jesus wrote the names of those ready to stone her in the sand letting them know he knew who they were.

hobhog

Gawd, the new coaching hire can't get here quick enough. This horse is beaten so bad it looks like hamburger....

Hoggie17

Auburn has wanted Bobby a long time, I expect he will be hired there in December.

Break & Run

This thread should be titled "The hogvillage idiots".
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

dizzy_lavender

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 17, 2012, 04:12:01 pm
Bobby was used as a scapegoat by Long to cover his backside.

you are correct. there arent many on here that really understand what jeff long was doing. jeff long used an old but proven tactic to throw off the average fan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

footballfan

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 17, 2012, 04:24:45 pm
Auburn has wanted Bobby a long time, I expect he will be hired there in December.

their coach has a 7.5 million dollard buyout and is two years off their first national title since before we got ours. Barring losing the rest of his games by 40 points or more, he's getting another year.

Grunt

Where ever he goes, i hope he kicks our ass for nxt 10 years
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

TMc

Quote from: footballfan on September 17, 2012, 04:21:06 pm
so now cbp is bear bryant? really people?

Didn't say that and maybe I wasn't very clear - if you know your history of Bear Bryant you know that he coached Kentucky and I believe won a championship there.., They (UK) rewarded him with a fancy watch- Rupp had an average season and he gets a cadillac -  Bear said "I see it's time to go somewhere else"  - Went to Alabama from there.

YodaHog

Quote from: Grunt on September 17, 2012, 04:27:35 pm

I don't know if I would go this far, but where ever he goes will be my new 2nd favorite team.

hawgball9401

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 17, 2012, 04:24:45 pm

My biggest fear was losing BP, my second biggest fear is him going to another SEC school (not to mention one in the west).

whirlwind

would rather see him kick Jeff Long's rear end.  Bet you could sell out RRS

Hoggie17

Quote from: footballfan on September 17, 2012, 04:27:17 pm
their coach has a 7.5 million dollard buyout and is two years off their first national title since before we got ours. Barring losing the rest of his games by 40 points or more, he's getting another year.
Well he won't lose the rest his games by 40 points but his only SEC win will be against the once mighty Razorbacks.  I still think BP will hired by Auburn in Dec.

You are correct about Bobby Petrino.  He will have several suitors and soon.  The next AD will consider himself smart enough to write a contract slick enough to briddle old Bobby.  Bobby may have learned a few lessons.  He claims he has.  If its true he will come back better, stronger and more desirious of not messing up again because there is a limit that even CFB can approve of.  His resume goes up daily as we flounder to the bottom.

footballfan

Quote from: TMc on September 17, 2012, 04:29:19 pm
Didn't say that and maybe I wasn't very clear - if you know your history of Bear Bryant you know that he coached Kentucky and I believe won a championship there.., They (UK) rewarded him with a fancy watch- Rupp had an average season and he gets a cadillac -  Bear said "I see it's time to go somewhere else"  - Went to Alabama from there.
\

no he went to tex a&m from there. and rupp didnt have an average year, finished the year before 25-5 and was in the midst of a ntioanl title run when the banquet took place. but you said cbp would win like bryant. I dont see how you could have been referring to bryant leaving when you were talking about winning at kentucky.

Danny J

Quote from: The Mafia on September 17, 2012, 04:26:34 pm
This thread should be titled "The hogvillage idiots".
No...I should have named it "How the morality police are going to lead us back to mediocrity". The point of this thread is to prove that BP not only is going to be rehired soon the national media is already accepting him back into the fold again. I remember hearing how he would NEVER coach again especially big time football. Well....the auburn, kentucky and tennessee fans are proving you guys wrong, again. They want to know what it is like to win in the case of kentucky or win again in the case of the other two. We have two good years and you guys are spoiled. You believe we are now elite and can hire and fire who we want and can some how now get JON FREAKING GRUDEN!!! LMAO!!!

I saw a thread wondering if we could get les miles!!! The same for bob stoops!! The same for chris peterson!! Mike tomlin!! Bill cowher!!! Talk about living in a world of lollipops and unicorns.

Should have never fired BP only to watch the team that hires him win and for us to end up with jim grobe. Scratch that. Grobe turned us down.

The Great Hambino

I've sad this since the day he was fired. Petrino will be coaching a D1 team in 2013. He will be coaching again in DWRRS at some point, it will just be on the other sideline.

hobhog

Sad, immature, and disgusting........spit.

Razorfox

Well ya'll go get a head start and buy your blue gear now.

jry04

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 17, 2012, 04:07:59 pm
You do realize it is all rumors, and nobody has actually hired him yet, right? If he ends up at Tulane or New Mexico State after this season, are you still going to be pounding your chest?

Save this, and come back and make fun of me if I am wrong, but he will not be coaching in the SEC for the 2013 season.

The Great Hambino

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 17, 2012, 04:38:42 pm
You do realize it is all rumors, and nobody has actually hired him yet, right? If he ends up at Tulane or New Mexico State after this season, are you still going to be pounding your chest?

Save this, and come back and make fun of me if I am wrong, but he will not be coaching in the SEC after this season.

For all eternity? Ok.

56Hog

Bobby Petrino is a high risk / high reward hire.

Either UK thinks they can manage the risk or they are desperate enough to take it anyway.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

rzrbackrob

Bobby Petrino will earn more money next year than he would have at Arkansas.
If he goes to another SEC school, pray that it is in the East so the Hogs do not have to take a yearly beating.
Good is the enemy of great

TMc

Quote from: footballfan on September 17, 2012, 04:36:20 pm
\

no he went to tex a&m from there. and rupp didnt have an average year, finished the year before 25-5 and was in the midst of a ntioanl title run when the banquet took place. but you said cbp would win like bryant. I dont see how you could have been referring to bryant leaving when you were talking about winning at kentucky.

Talk to me when he goes to Kentucky - give him a year or two and see how he does - you are missing my point ENTIRELY.., but you win.., I can't get one by you..

HF#1

Time heals everything.   Enough time passes people will accept you again. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HotlantaHog

Bobby is a great coach, and even his detractors can't say otherwise after the Hogs self-destruction in his absense.

He's done the weepy apologetic interview on ESPN, he's sat out 5 months, time to give him a second chance.

Come on Jeff Long, BOT, give him a call! Hire him before Kentucky or Auburn or Tennessee.

If he is winning at UK -- which he will on some level, not national championships -- or Auburn or UT, it is going to be a weekly reminder of how Jeff Long screwed up.

It is not too late to do the right thing and Bring Back Bobby!

Gonzo

I think firing him was huge mistake, but I would never root for someone to beat them.  However, if they do wind up facing him regularly, I would be hopeful he doesn't hold a grudge because that team would probably have a big advantage at HC.

Go HOgs! Beat Rutgers!

turbo2000

Bo is the last person who should be shocked when someone gets a 2nd chance. It wasn't long after Bo was fired from  KHBS/KHOG for a DWI arrest that other media outlets became interested and gave him a 2nd chance.

footballfan

Quote from: TMc on September 17, 2012, 04:43:13 pm
Talk to me when he goes to Kentucky - give him a year or two and see how he does - you are missing my point ENTIRELY.., but you win.., I can't get one by you..

Im missing your point? your point was that cbp would win like bryant at ky. well bryant had a conference title and beat the number one team in the bowl game in year 4 at ky. bobby couldnt win a ship by year 4 here. So you think he does it at ky? Is ky easier to win at than here? Cause Im not buying that. Or maybe your one of these that thinks cbp was better than he was and we cant win without him.

SoonerBaHog

Hogtimes

Quote from: TMc on September 17, 2012, 04:29:19 pm

Not directly to Bama.....that came about two stops and 15 years later

Onthewalk94

Everytime you smite me God kills a kitten. Smite away, I hate cats.

Oliver

Yeah shocking.  There are other programs out there that aren't too stupid to win

hawgball9401

Careful what you hope for.......