Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long doesn't respect you..

Started by Chad In Real Life, September 16, 2012, 06:03:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad In Real Life

Jeff Long doesn't even respect the fan base enough to address them after the program has hit probably one of the lowest points in school history.

Answer the call, Jeff. Don't continue to let JLS take a hot steaming crap all over this football program.

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

WichitaStateRazorback

CallThemHawgs!

If we lose to Rutgers next week, and there is not a statement from Jeff Long and/or changes made I think it is unquestionably banner time.

We have done it before, and we sure as hell can do it again.

Ramble on Barbershop

You are spot on. I was about to make a post about this. But as you said, JL does not respect the fan base. I was driving on the interstate earlier, and though about all the money the fans, spend on driving to games. The fan's that spend money on gas, hotels, food, etc... This is what allows JL to have a job. Now he has destroyed the program and is ducking and dodging, the FANS. The Fans are what make football happen. So, JL owes an explanation on what the hell is going on.
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

The real Hogules

That's understandable, because I was always told that turn about is fair play and I certainly do NOT respect him either.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Danny J

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 16, 2012, 06:09:14 pm
If we lose to Rutgers next week, and there is not a statement from Jeff Long and/or changes made I think it is unquestionably banner time.

We have done it before, and we sure as hell can do it again.
If we lose to rutgers, especially with TW at QB, then I assure you that a few BOT members and a couple large donors will force JL to make a change immediately. However...I think TW comes back and we beat rutgers.

The_Iceman

Hey look, another Chad in Real Life thread.

This is getting as boring and repetitive as Obama speeches.

arky870

as long as that banner says fire jeff long

swineology

Quote from: WichitaStateRazorback on September 16, 2012, 06:03:49 pm
Lets fire up the banner

For what ???

Do you have any solutions to the problem that Bob left ???

Sed76

Of course he doesn't. He only cares about the big money donors who have the power to get him fired. The regular folks who answered his call don't get so much as a middle finger.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on September 16, 2012, 06:11:31 pm
If we lose to rutgers, especially with TW at QB, then I assure you that a few BOT members and a couple large donors will force JL to make a change immediately. However...I think TW comes back and we beat rutgers.

Dont be so sure of that. If we cant protect him, cant run the ball, cant defend, and our receivers cant get open... what difference will TW make?

footballfan

jeff long doesnt respect me? Neither did Petrino. No respect from anyone for anyone.

Hog Waller

Why would he?  He makes more than the majority of the fans, thus obviously he knows more than them also.  Why should he have to lower himself by addressing the current situation to the little people, even though it's the little people's tax $s paying his salary?

Then again, he may be so embarrassed and not man enough to admit the train in which he is a co-conductor has derailed...Along with not so smart after all to figure out how to get it on track again.

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 16, 2012, 06:19:04 pm
Dont be so sure of that. If we cant protect him, cant run the ball, cant defend, and our receivers cant get open... what difference will TW make?

I'll tell ya. Im worried about Tyler and the way the O-line protects him.  You can't just keep piling up concussions.  Hell he's not even out of college yet

Ramble on Barbershop

What difference will TW make, he will at-least try. More then I can say for the darn I have been watching.
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Danny J

On the field leadership. Leading by example. We need a leader on the field in the worst possible way because we are currently without a head coach.

swineology

September 16, 2012, 06:25:11 pm #17 Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:27:53 pm by swineology
Any AD candidates for the Fire JL crowd

jgphillips3

Quote from: swineology on September 16, 2012, 06:17:48 pm
For what ???

Sure. i have the perfect solution. Since you and so many other erudite thinkers on this board think this is BP's fault rather than the buttwipe that fired him rather than reprimand him and keep moving, lets just rehire BP and let him deal with it.  i mean, its only fair if he broke it that he be made to fix it.

Newcoach

Quote from: Chad In Real Life on September 16, 2012, 06:03:04 pm
Jeff Long doesn't even respect the fan base enough to address them after the program has hit probably one of the lowest points in school history.

Answer the call, Jeff. Don't continue to let JLS take a hot steaming crap all over this football program.

JL is a pay check AD. JFB all heart, JL no heart. He is a wothless carptetbagger

swineology

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 16, 2012, 06:27:20 pm
Sure. i have the perfect solution. Since you and so many other erudite thinkers on this board think this is BP's fault rather than the buttwipe that fired him rather than reprimand him and keep moving, lets just rehire BP and let him deal with it.  i mean, its only fair if he broke it that he be made to fix it.

So bring back Bob for HC and AD ???

swineology

Quote from: Newcoach on September 16, 2012, 06:28:17 pm
JL is a pay check AD. JFB all heart, JL no heart. He is a wothless carptetbagger

So bring back Frank as AD ???

99toLife

Quote from: Chad In Real Life on September 16, 2012, 06:03:04 pm

What you like to hear him say to you right now?

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: 99toLife on September 16, 2012, 06:30:43 pm

"I'm sorry" would be a good start

99toLife

Sed76

Quote from: 99toLife on September 16, 2012, 06:36:13 pm
For what?

How about hiring a buffoon to run this team. That would be a good start.

swineology

Quote from: Newcoach on September 16, 2012, 06:28:17 pm
Pull your keyboard and monitor closer while you Post BS without answers...

BatesvilleHOG

Jeff Long does not care about you, it isnt his place to please you.

99toLife

Quote from: Sed76 on September 16, 2012, 06:38:34 pm
How about hiring a buffoon to run this team. That would be a good start.

He kept EVERY coach we had last year, and hired JLS as a temp to keep some continuity to this team to try and please people like you.

as far as anyone knows NO big time coach is beating on our doors to coach here.

RunDMC901

JL doesn't respect you, me or even the entire state of Arkansas.  FB would never let this clown make a mockery of our program like JLS did a halftime, on national TV, and at every post game interview.  The fact JL hasn't fired JLS, came out and said something or released a statement shows his feelings for this program and the state of Arkansas.  Someone needs to show some backbone and stand up for this university.  I am glad TW said what he did.

The real Hogules

September 16, 2012, 07:12:43 pm #30 Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 07:31:01 pm by The real Hogules
Quote from: swineology on September 16, 2012, 06:17:48 pm
For what ???

When does it cease being "Bob's fault" and become the fault of the man who hired our current head coach and couldn't find a replacement not due to poor timing, but rather because of his insistence on keep ALL of the assistants on staff?

What sane and desirable head coach is going to jump at the opportunity to lead our program under those circumstances???

We are where we are "NOW" because of the decisions made by our A.D. "AFTER" he fired BP, so in my book at least the ULM loss and the Bama @$$ stomping need to be laid directly at the feet of Jeff Long.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Torqued pork

Maybe Long reads Hogville and has concluded the average Hog fan has the mentality of an 7 year old.

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on September 16, 2012, 07:32:52 pm
Maybe Long reads Hogville and has concluded the average Hog fan has the mentality of an 7 year old.

Ironic considering who he put in charge of our team

RunDMC901

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on September 16, 2012, 06:41:16 pm
Jeff Long does not care about you, it isnt his place to please you.

You are correct, but it is his place to please the state (people who pay his salary), fans and alum. So, if-so-facto it is his place to please me.

footballfan

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 16, 2012, 07:12:43 pm

When does it cease being "Bob's fault" and become the fault of the man who hired our current head coach and couldn't find a replacement not due to poor timing, but rather because of his insistence on keep ALL of the assistants on staff?
What sane and desirable head coach is going to jump at the opportunity to lead our program under those circumstances???

We are where we are "NOW" because of the decisions made by our A.D. "AFTER" he fired BP, so in my book at least the ULM loss and the Bama @$$ stomping need to be laid directly at the feet of Jeff Long.

Im curious. Who could we have gotten if he hadn't insisted on this? Who was waiting in the wings but was scared off by Long's insistence that the assistants stay?

Hoggish1

Quote from: 99toLife on September 16, 2012, 06:30:43 pm

I suck, is what I want to hear.  And then I want him to clean out his desk and slither away...

Hoggish1

Quote from: 99toLife on September 16, 2012, 06:47:26 pm

I hope you know that a big time coach did beat on his door and got him to stop thinking about mediocre guys like Grobe and Bowden.

rwspear

yeah. understandably we want blood, but what is JL supposed to come out and say? hogville is full of arm-chair quarterbacks but arm-chair AD's? get real. hes a better AD than you are.

Bellhog63

I emailed him during the time he was deciding to Keep or fire Petrino.  No response. I emailed him the other day stating that without BP we were doomed. I got a response this time. A generic computer generated I appreciate your support letter. He must be getting a bunch huh?!
Call  it like you see it but respect others opinions!

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: 99toLife on September 16, 2012, 06:47:26 pm
He kept EVERY coach we had last year, and hired JLS as a temp to keep some continuity to this team to try and please people like you.

If no Big Time Coach is beating down our door then our idiot AD probably should have kept the big time coach we had if he can't pull another one out of his a$$.  They don't grow on trees and aren't expendable.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: rwspear on September 16, 2012, 08:53:05 pm
yeah. understandably we want blood, but what is JL supposed to come out and say? hogville is full of arm-chair quarterbacks but arm-chair AD's? get real. hes a better AD than you are.

Considering the product we are putting on the field is a direct result of his so-called leadership, I'd say he isn't a better AD than a box of rocks.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

jamie72921

Base on what you read around here, he shouldn't respect a bunch of 25+ children.
Bless your heart

DoghouseHog2

Quote from: footballfan on September 16, 2012, 06:20:01 pm
jeff long doesnt respect me? Neither did Petrino. No respect from anyone for anyone.

Bobby Petrino gave you a product worth paying for.  This is despicable.
over and out.

3kgthog

Sometimes you have to weigh the costs vs. the benefits of a decision. The potential money lost via lawsuits from those passed over for Dorrell's job is substantially less than what we stand to lose by returning to '90s Razorback football. Obviously none of the applicants felt too shafted since they all let the deadline to file a suit pass. We are talking millions in ticket and apparel sales lost. Millions in ppv revenue lost. Bowl money lost. It goes on and on.

I'm fine with the level of my own integrity. I did not look to BP as my moral compass. He was hired to coach and win. Period. Jeff Long's job is to put winners on the field and keep donations coming in. He's about to fail miserably at both. No one remembers us "doing the right thing." They only remember us getting drubbed and embarrassed on the field. Thanks, Jeff!

DaddyBoarBucks

DaddyBoarBucks

Quote from: WichitaStateRazorback on September 16, 2012, 06:03:49 pm
Lets fire up the banner

You and your thoughts should stay in Kansas. Arkansas does not benefit from your statements.

RazorSwag

Hey Guys! soooo which one of you on here is going to "fire up the banner"? Because you're not all talk right? right?

DaddyBoarBucks

Quote from: RazorSwag on September 16, 2012, 09:51:00 pm
Hey Guys! soooo which one of you on here is going to "fire up the banner"? Because you're not all talk right? right?

Right! The banner should say, let's beat Rutgers!!

Sivad

Jeff Long has to know that his big "integrity" move was an utter disaster, that he has thrown out the person that was bringing the money in to support ALL the UA sports programs and that he has turned the team into an embarrassing shell of it's pre-Long meddling self.
The donor money is going to dry up fast and Long knows he better get out before it does - trouble is...nothing other than some church school is going to hire him to run their athletic department now.

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: Sivad on September 16, 2012, 09:59:20 pm
Jeff Long has to know that his big "integrity" move was an utter disaster, that he has thrown out the person that was bringing the money in to support ALL the UA sports programs and that he has turned the team into an embarrassing shell of it's pre-Long meddling self.
The donor money is going to dry up fast and Long knows he better get out before it does - trouble is...nothing other than some church school is going to hire him to run their athletic department now.

BOOM

well said