Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's throw 4 million a year at Kirby Smart.

Started by RzrHawg, September 15, 2012, 10:20:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RzrHawg

If you can't beat them might as well hire someone who apparently knows defense. Offense is great to have, but defense is what we need.

Chad In Real Life

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

Fatmanhog

to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

okiehawg

I agree with your thoughts on wanted someone that is defensive minded. 

Hogeration

irishman

Seems like a stretch on the money but I think I'm on board the Kirby Smart bus. I'm pretty well convinced that a big name hire just isn't going to happen. Of all the up and comers I've heard about he'd be the one I'd want

At least with Smart, even if we're losing, it won't be because our D is soft.

(notOM)Rebel123

How about half of that & use the rest to hire great coordinators?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Lanny

Saban is calling all the shots on Bama's defense
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

okiehawg

Everyone wants a big time head coach that we would have to get from someone else.  I'm fine if we could go out and find some big name coordinator that is ready for his first big job.  If we could find the next Bob Stoops like OU did I would be alright with that!

code red

Quote from: RzrHawg on September 15, 2012, 10:20:27 pm
If you can't beat them might as well hire someone who apparently knows defense. Offense is great to have, but defense is what we need.
I respect your opinion but....what Charlie Strong has done throw that 4 mil his way....he is a head coach.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

RazorPiggie

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Lanny on September 15, 2012, 10:25:16 pm
Saban is calling all the shots on Bama's defense

Unbelievable how so few grasp this simple concept.  Hey, I know...let's offer Paul Petrino $4M too while we're at it.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

searkhogfan

The Def Coordinator is =  to the Offensive Coordinator under Bobby P !

LSPRazorbac

Are you on crack?

4 million a year for a coach whose coaching credentials is basically that he has held the playcard for Saban for 3 years.

Not only has he never been a head coach but Bama is his first job as a Coordinator.

He is Defensive Coordinator by title only.  That is Saban's defense.

RzrHawg

Saban may call the shots but who better knows Saban's mind than Kirby Smart. I don't care who we get. Of course I guess all our team needs is a slap on the butt and a frivolous come on baby. And yes I'm doing the hand motions as I'm saying this.Lol.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Let's say we did, but didn't.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

jgphillips3

Unless Kirby is bringing those 5 star studs and Saban with him, it makes no sense to hire him now.  Let him prove his worth somewhere else.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: RzrHawg on September 15, 2012, 10:36:08 pm
Saban may call the shots but who better knows Saban's mind than Kirby Smart. I don't care who we get. Of course I guess all our team needs is a slap on the butt and a frivolous come on baby. And yes I'm doing the hand motions as I'm saying this.Lol.

Kirby Smart knows what Saban tells him to know.

lookinupthehill

I'll take him if the big hires fall through but not for a penny over $1.5mil and a damn good set of coordinators.

Tequilin' Time

It's all done with Saban calling shots and the talent that Bama chooses (not recruits). 

Let's pay Smart $1.5 million and just set the rest on fire.

HighClassJunkie

You're joking, right?

Chad In Real Life

Hiring smart would be just the same as us hiring Paul.  They both have the DC & OC title but everyone knows BP and Saban are running that sh*t
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

LR Hog

I would rather throw 2.5 at Jim Mora Jr. and have him for 3 to 4 good years before he bolts for the NFL.  I still think we can get Pete Carrol at the end of the year.
Like a boss.

HognitiveDissonance

For the last time, NICK SABAN is Alabama's defensive coach. He just doesn't have the title. And Bobby Petrino ran the offense at Arkansas, which means you don't throw a lot of money at Paul Petrino because he had the official title of Arkansas's offensive coordinator.

Everybody on the planet knows that Nick Saban's fingerprints are all over the Alabama defense. He may not call every single coverage, but I promise you it's his game plan. Of course it is; that's his specialty, just like offense is Petrino's specialty.

HognitiveDissonance

Actually, obviously not everyone knows that. Didn't the 'esteemed' panel of former coaches at the Broyles Award give Kirby Smar the award recently?

I bet Saban had a little chuckle over that. Of course, the head coaches are doing the nominating.

jcbville

I think if youre going to hire a coordinator then Smart is for sure on the list. That being said, throwing 4 million at him would be silly as he hasn't proved himself as HC yet. I think if he was hired he should have a base salary of 1.5 - 2.5 million and then add in very generous incentive bonuses based on positive results and performance.