Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long needs to tender his resignation tonight!!!!!!

Started by ramseybtjr, September 15, 2012, 06:44:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseybtjr

If Jeff Long had any real balls he would officially resign tonight and let the University have time to find a competant AD who will make a well calculated and skilled hire at the head coaching position. This guy is a total idiot and media whore!! His ego is bigger than the state of Texas!! Let's see he's hired John Pelphrey keep him on one year to long. And don't give me he hired Mike Anderson any AD could have hired Mike he has always wanted the Arkansas job as it was his dream job. He tried to hire Jim Grobe, and Tommy Bowden as Houston Nutt's replacement, Thank God Jerry Jones intervened and got us Bobby Petrino. For all you Rick Schaeffar kool aid drinkers, thats right Petrino fell in Long's lap via Jerry Jones. He as destroyed the track program after McDonald retired. Instead of hiring his assistant he hired some idiot from like Iowa State and our former assistant goes to Florida as there headcoach and turns them into a powerhouse. Jeff Long is totally lost and unqualified to make a competent hire at head coaching position!! He took the easy way out and fired Bobby!! And yes that was the easy way out!! Then he hires Bozo the clown as his coach who passes out suckers after losses at the Catfish Hole!! Jeff Long must go!!!!!!!!!!!!

ra2ford

100% agree, Long allowed his ego to cloud his options with Petrino.  Total
owner play on his part.

Oliver

hogdogcrazy

We answered the call.  IF the man really Had any integrity whatsoever he'd be refunding money fast.  That SOB stole money from all of us. 
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

Justifiable Hogicide

Jeff Long is the name that will live in infamy for the Razorback football program.
The only viable solution out there to remedy what Long has done is to bring Petrino back.
And Long's massive ego will not permit it.
Therefore - Long needs to go.

Hogustus Caesar

Somebody...call Jerry Jones. We need some coaches and some cash.
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

aldyua

Sounds like a good idea and maybe you can submit your resume

Onceuponatime

hawgball9401

hogcard1964

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 15, 2012, 07:06:19 pm
Jeff Long is the name that will live in infamy for the Razorback football program.
The only viable solution out there to remedy what Long has done is to bring Petrino back.

Very well said.  Get Long and Smith both the he(( out of here. 

ramseybtjr

Hogdogcrazy you are right I anwered the call. They raised my scholarship donation $1,000.00 for this, I think they need to refund the money to the fans!!! Yes, Justifiable Hogicide, Jeff Long needs to go and bring back Bobby P......  Jeff Long :puke

ramseybtjr

Hogdogcrazy you are right I anwered the call. They raised my scholarship donation $1,000.00 for this, I think they need to refund the money to the fans!!! Yes, Justifiable Hogicide, Jeff Long needs to go and bring back Bobby P......  Jeff Long :puke

Slick Watts

You are a wise man posting this.
Jeff Long is a cancer on this program.
Off with his head!
We need leadership that understands Arkansas passion.
Go Hogs!

Kevin

why don't all you internet tough guys, go to his office and tell him this face to face.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Slick Watts

I tried but he wouldn't see me last Wednesday.
He was hiding behind his skirt. :'(

thebignasty

razorbackkid

Quote from: Kevin on September 15, 2012, 07:37:31 pm
why don't all you internet tough guys, go to his office and tell him this face to face.
Based on history, a trip to his office isn't really required.  Just sayin'.  Digital media is a mofo'.  If you get my drift.

Visiting an office, face to face meetings?  So, 1990ish.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

StuartDavin

Are you guys not at all angry with Petrino for even putting Long into the awkward situation? I'm not exactly a huge Long supporter, but all the anger and animosity seems to be misplaced.

Capitalist Pig

seXual cHOGlate is my bitch.

ramseybtjr

This tough guy has no problem with that, but chicken Long will not see anyone. I did send him an email to his personal email account asking for his resignation!! Ask and you shall recieve!!!

thebignasty

Quote from: StuartDavin on September 15, 2012, 07:44:03 pm
Are you guys not at all angry with Petrino for even putting Long into the awkward situation? I'm not exactly a huge Long supporter, but all the anger and animosity seems to be misplaced.
Perspective isn't something found in abundance in angry mobs.

bigbadhog

Long resigning tonight is a little too late - don't you think.....?
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Fatty McGee

You guys are nuts.  And you'll all forget this if he hires someone you like and the basketball program turns around.  Try and take a little longer view of things.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

PORKULATOR

Long should meet the guillotine tomorrow. I'll build one. JLS was hired to be Ronald Mc freakin Donald. Not make decisions. He was to keep the OC and Dc from arguing who's team this is.
Failure on OC, DC, and AD and JLS WILL take the blame on his way out the door.
I paid $4 for a Mtn Dew at RRS and I blame that on Long also.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

exit19

Wait--why is this Long's fault?

I think he's a dork but he had to fire bobby.  There were 150 potential lawsuits with the hiring.  Sports illustrated did a story with one of the rejected applicants the week later and she even admitted as much. 

What else could he have done?

(maybe suspend him for a season I guess?)

Slick Watts

Quote from: exit19 on September 15, 2012, 09:11:41 pm

I think he's a dork but he had to fire bobby.  There were 150 potential lawsuits with the hiring.  Sports illustrated did a story with one of the rejected applicants the week later and she even admitted as much. 

I bet you still believe there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, too.
Still waiting for those lawsuits to come out. Where are they?

ramseybtjr

(maybe suspend him for a season I guess?                                                             Hey exit 19 keep on drinking the kool-aid that Rick Schaefar served you. If they had true grounds for  a lawsuit then why wasn't one filed? Just because you fire Petrino doesn't keep a lawsuit from being filed!!! Study your lawbooks!!       

exit19

Y'all are idiots.  I don't like Long.  I asked an adult question.  How can you keep him with the lawsuits

And yalls response?

Call me Rick Shafer.  Nice. 

Let's try it again: how do you keep him in April. Read the SI article.

Pablo Pigcaso™

I thought Long preached no man is bigger than this university. He is sure not acting like it
Matthew 5:16

Spikes

You serious Clark
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

JD Hogg

Quote from: ramseybtjr on September 15, 2012, 06:44:25 pm
If Jeff Long had any real balls he would officially resign tonight and let the University have time to find a competant AD who will make a well calculated and skilled hire at the head coaching position. This guy is a total idiot and media whore!! His ego is bigger than the state of Texas!! Let's see he's hired John Pelphrey keep him on one year to long. And don't give me he hired Mike Anderson any AD could have hired Mike he has always wanted the Arkansas job as it was his dream job. He tried to hire Jim Grobe, and Tommy Bowden as Houston Nutt's replacement, Thank God Jerry Jones intervened and got us Bobby Petrino. For all you Rick Schaeffar kool aid drinkers, thats right Petrino fell in Long's lap via Jerry Jones. He as destroyed the track program after McDonald retired. Instead of hiring his assistant he hired some idiot from like Iowa State and our former assistant goes to Florida as there headcoach and turns them into a powerhouse. Jeff Long is totally lost and unqualified to make a competent hire at head coaching position!! He took the easy way out and fired Bobby!! And yes that was the easy way out!! Then he hires Bozo the clown as his coach who passes out suckers after losses at the Catfish Hole!! Jeff Long must go!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've convinced me. Fire Jeff Long!!!!!

synthartist69

Quote from: StuartDavin on September 15, 2012, 07:44:03 pm

Long didn't have to fire Petrino, there lies the problem.

Da Porker

Remember back to the pre-petrino hiring - Long made Ark the laughing stock of the nation getting half the sec coaches a raise and then pleaded to Groebl and Bowden who eventually laughed at him too.  All while Petrino was begging for an interview.

Petrino takes us back into national prominence - Long wants to play private eye and ends up having to fire him. Brilliant.

Then the John Mc snub.  John's choice to succeed him is at Florida rolling in track national championships in his short tenure.  Long thought he knew more about track & field than John Mc.  Wow.  We should have forced his resignation that week.

Then hold Pel for another year when Mike A told a large newspaper he would only leave UM for one school (wonder who that was?).  Mike would have been a million dollars a year cheaper at that time.  Long waited till he got a new contract at UM. Brilliant.

Must I go on?  Fire him.  Now
Go Hogs

Da Porker

Go Hogs

narddog

I think J. Long's ego would have been better served by not firing Petrino.  The program was on its way up, and there is no arguing that.  That would have been attributed to his hire of Petrino.  You can't ignore the legal peril Petrino put the university in.  He was not running a pizza parlor and hiring waitresses, but a high profile, major program of a state run institution.  You can't be trading favors with your subordinants.  Petrino was an awesome coach, but a scum bag. 

rwspear

you people.

let long hire someone before you set his face on fire. everybody wants a big hire but if we firing our AD means we miss on our next coach, if only bc of the timing.

we want a coach in december right? youre going to have a hard time finding a top-notch AD as well as a top-notch coach in 3 months.

Dont Hassle the Hoff

Quote from: Kevin on September 15, 2012, 07:37:31 pm

Why don't you tell him to come to my office........it's in Alma.......it's the Sonic.......I'm the BMF in the El Camino.

okiehawg

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 15, 2012, 07:06:19 pm

The name that should live in infamy is Bobby Petrino. He is the idiot that put us in this position. Jeff Long did what he was forced to do because of the situation.

The real problem isn't Jeff Long's ego, it is the fact that Bobby Petrino can't control his hormones anymore than a 13 year old boy.

GuvHog

Quote from: exit19 on September 15, 2012, 09:22:53 pm
Y'all are idiots.  I don't like Long.  I asked an adult question.  How can you keep him with the lawsuits

And yalls response?

Call me Rick Shafer.  Nice. 

Let's try it again: how do you keep him in April. Read the SI article.

The SI article was incorrect, there was no possibility of Lawsuits. The "lawsuit" crap has been refuted several times.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

BigHog396

Quote from: okiehawg on September 15, 2012, 09:45:46 pm
The name that should live in infamy is Bobby Petrino. He is the idiot that put us in this position. Jeff Long did what he was forced to do because of the situation.

The real problem isn't Jeff Long's ego, it is the fact that Bobby Petrino can't control his hormones anymore than a 13 year old boy.
Some of you guys really need to get a clue.  We lost more by not having CGD there today, than all of the lawsuits combined would have cost.  Not to mention all of the donations the program has likely lost after the last two weeks.

But, go on, live in your little world of rainbows and jelly beans...

ramseybtjr

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 15, 2012, 09:49:32 pm
The SI article was incorrect, there was no possibility of Lawsuits. The "lawsuit" crap has been refuted several times.
Exactly that is what Jeff Long wanted the fans to believe in order to fire Petrino! When anyone with any real knowledge would know better.  If there really was any legal grounds for filing a lawsuit it wouldn't  just go away by firing BP. The lawsuits would have still been filed!!! Last check none have been filed!!!! Some of you will keep on drinking the kool-aid!!!!!!

DoghouseHog2

Quote from: Oliver on September 15, 2012, 07:03:11 pm
We are stuck with that idiot for a while

I wld bet money he takes another job after this year.
over and out.

ramseybtjr