Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did i not tell some you folks the day we fired Bobby that we we are now Ole Miss?

Started by forrest city joe, September 15, 2012, 06:01:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

And i am not just talking about this Bama disgrace. last week lost to a sunbet team. and the week before having to fight like hell to be 1AA Jacksonville state. and looking like the worst team in the SEC. there is a reason Bobby was making 3.75 million dollars. he was that good.17 starters are back. it's not like we lost 5 Barry Foster's or Billy Ray smith. this proves my point as to why you better have a damn near hall of fame coach to have a top 10 program here.and for all you who supported Long and his UA boss firing Bobby.  this game and last week's game is for you.how is all that freaking INTEGRITY working out for you now?you are getting what you deserve. to bad good fans who never wanted Bobby fired have to suffer too.

moses_007

We're all suffering.  Don't even know if I'll watch next weeks game.  Afraid Rutgers will beat us too.

Silver Hog

jamie72921

Bobby Petrino broke this team's will in April when he showed these kids what a hypocrite he was.

If you are really arguing that integrity is a bad thing, then you have a problem bigger than a loss by the Razorback football team.
Bless your heart

Hedgehog79

Quote from: moses_007 on September 15, 2012, 06:03:36 pm
We're all suffering.  Don't even know if I'll watch next weeks game.  Afraid Rutgers will beat us too.
Rutgers beats us by 10

Hog-Corleone

You did Joe, You did.  sadly it takes something like this for people to realize it.  Firing Bobby hurt, but hiring JLS was the nail in the coffin.  To call him a clown, would be an insult to clowns.  Long needs to fire him now, and let the chips fall...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

hogchic2001

Quote from: jamie72921 on September 15, 2012, 06:05:33 pm
Bobby Petrino broke this team's will in April when he showed these kids what a hypocrite he was.

If you are really arguing that integrity is a bad thing, then you have a problem bigger than a loss by the Razorback football team.
This^^^ Right here is PURE BS!
Go HOGS Go!

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on September 15, 2012, 06:08:54 pm
You did Joe, You did.  sadly it takes something like this for people to realize it.  Firing Bobby hurt, but hiring JLS was the nail in the coffin.  To call him a clown, would be an insult to clowns.  Long needs to fire him now, and let the chips fall...

Firing Smith at this point would just make hiring a coach in November that much harder.  What's done is done.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Grag T

Quote from: moses_007 on September 15, 2012, 06:03:36 pm

Rutgers absolutely wins.  Don't be surprised at this point if our team pulls a 2011 ol' Miss and just says "screw it."  The players aren't accountable to any staff worth a crap... therefore it's not looking good against a single team left on our schedule.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

pfrg999

Another Everything is Bobby's Fault.. I'm sure you think JLS did GREAT today.. If it wasn't for that wascally Bobby Petrino jumping in and scoring 52 points
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Jim8208

I knew after the firing of Petrino Arkansas was doomed to mediocrity once again. Apparently we aren't going to be even mediocre. This is some bad times for razorback fans. It's amazes me as to how we went from the penthouse to the outhouse so fast.   

Knot2brite

Integrity has no price tag...wins aren't worth losing it....some people never figure this out because all they have in their lives is the ability to live their lives vicariously through a group of 18-22 year olds. Some people are willing to allow things like lying and cheating and covering things up to win to get in the way of integrity. We wonder why kids today act like fools when all they have to do is listen to the radio or read the absolute insanity on the Internet. I don't like the fact that petrino had to be fired and wish he was still here, but he isn't because someone thought enough of integrity to do what had to be done. Of course I am in the minority with this opinion and will be labelled a idiot or worse yet some sort of religious zealot but the fact of the matter is that I don't care. When did doing right become the wrong thing. Yes it might have been his personal business but it became public business and government business ....but that means nothing to those that only care about winning....I love winning and glad to see it for the Hogs....but the fact remains that he isn't here...it is probably going to be a bad season and we better get someone on the line by the end of the first week of January or it will be a loooong time before those wins come back
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Silver Hog

BERLY_HOGMAN

THIS^^^^

I would rather lose than to not have integrity within the football or athletic program. I am not sure what new coach we will get but they have a huge task ahead of them... this endeavor may scare off quite a few candidates as it is bad this year but next year is not looking so good either.
It will take 2 or 3, maybe even 4 great recruiting classes to make up the lack of talent that we need IMO...
Win or Lose, I will call the HOGS no matter what...

Danny J

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 15, 2012, 06:11:27 pm
Firing Smith at this point would just make hiring a coach in November that much harder.  What's done is done.
Don't fire him...move him into a admin position and hire fulmer to a 4 month contract. We still may be able to get to a bowl game. Hell...make taver johnson coach. Somebody. Anybody. He is doing absolutely no coaching at all. He just stands there. Up 52-0 saban was still chewing ass hard on the sideline. JLS had his index finger in his mouth looking lost.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: pfrg999 on September 15, 2012, 06:13:11 pm
Another Everything is Bobby's Fault.. I'm sure you think JLS did GREAT today.. If it wasn't for that wascally Bobby Petrino jumping in and scoring 52 points

I think Brandon Allen is proof that Bobby's recruiting had cratered.  Next year would have been pretty bad, and this year even with Bobby is probably a 3-loss year (granted, not what it is now). 

Allen is terrible.  I don't even think Grit Kirk could call him a "project" with a straight face.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

PositronHog

Why yes, I do believe you did try to tell everybody and was ridiculed for it.

nwarazfan

it isnt lik we loss bequette, franklin,  nelson,wright, adams, thomas, childs,  oxner, cook .  it isnt lik thees playz didnt make plays lass seson that won games and kep us frum a 5 loss seson.  it isnt lik we didnt loose to bama last seson wit thees playz in a blowowt  .   

prisonhog

Integrity works out well every time. Petrino had to be fired. For those of you who would win at all cost, go cheer for somebody else.
"It's not the size of the Hog in the fight, but the size
of the fight in the Hog."

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hogchic2001

Quote from: prisonhog on September 15, 2012, 06:17:44 pm
Integrity works out well every time. Petrino had to be fired. For those of you who would win at all cost, go cheer for somebody else.
Shut up hugger.
Go HOGS Go!

Murr

Quote from: Jim8208 on September 15, 2012, 06:13:44 pm
I knew after the firing of Petrino Arkansas was doomed to mediocrity once again. Apparently we aren't going to be even mediocre. This is some bad times for razorback fans. It's amazes me as to how we went from the penthouse to the outhouse so fast.

Relax, we knew in April this team was being held together by duct tape.  ULM ripped it off and Alabama blew the team up.

The problem on the field is turnovers and fumbles.  If that problem isn't fixed, we wouldn't even be able to beat Springdale High.

forrest city joe

Quote from: BERLY_HOGMAN on September 15, 2012, 06:15:51 pm
THIS^^^^

I would rather lose than to not have integrity within the football or athletic program. I am not sure what new coach we will get but they have a huge task ahead of them... this endeavor may scare off quite a few candidates as it is bad this year but next year is not looking so good either.
It will take 2 or 3, maybe even 4 great recruiting classes to make up the lack of talent that we need IMO...
Win or Lose, I will call the HOGS no matter what...

Then you got what you wanted last week and today. hope you enjoyed it.

hoghiker

College football and intergrity parted company long ago, if there ever was much.

DeltaBoy

FCJ is right Jeff made the wrong call and should be fired tomorrow  by the BOT!
Holy Jeff is getting our  Butts kicked on the Field!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Justifiable Hogicide

cessna8667

Quote from: Knot2brite on September 15, 2012, 06:14:27 pm
Integrity has no price tag...wins aren't worth losing it....some people never figure this out because all they have in their lives is the ability to live their lives vicariously through a group of 18-22 year olds. Some people are willing to allow things like lying and cheating and covering things up to win to get in the way of integrity. We wonder why kids today act like fools when all they have to do is listen to the radio or read the absolute insanity on the Internet. I don't like the fact that petrino had to be fired and wish he was still here, but he isn't because someone thought enough of integrity to do what had to be done. Of course I am in the minority with this opinion and will be labelled a idiot or worse yet some sort of religious zealot but the fact of the matter is that I don't care. When did doing right become the wrong thing. Yes it might have been his personal business but it became public business and government business ....but that means nothing to those that only care about winning....I love winning and glad to see it for the Hogs....but the fact remains that he isn't here...it is probably going to be a bad season and we better get someone on the line by the end of the first week of January or it will be a loooong time before those wins come back

It's always the hypocrites that scream the loudest for 'integrity'.  Where is the integrity that is gained from redemption, 2nd chances, forgiveness?  Oh yeah, that doesn't count nearly as much as you getting up on your high horse and declaring that you are the chosen and the rest of you have no morals.

Deepwoods

Quote from: Knot2brite on September 15, 2012, 06:14:27 pm

Shut. Up. Everybody knows Bear Bryant had women. Everybody in LSU knows Saban wasn't faithful. Over 50% of marriages end in divorce most b/c of cheating. Monogamy is a stupid concept anyway. Whether we like it or not we are animals attracted to the other animals with attractive plummage. Religion is the cancer of the Earth b/c it places unrealistic expectations on man when hardly anyone religious or not follows the churches rules. It's a dog eat dog world. Winner take all. Survival of the fittest. Losers are not looked up to or crowned. Nobody taking the 'road of morality' gets much more than a footnote in history. So, again, shut up.
And if you're wrong...what are the consequences?

nwarazfan

Quote from: cessna8667 on September 15, 2012, 06:29:14 pm
It's always the hypocrites that scream the loudest for 'integrity'.  Where is the integrity that is gained from redemption, 2nd chances, forgiveness?  Oh yeah, that doesn't count nearly as much as you getting up on your high horse and declaring that you are the chosen and the rest of you have no morals.

We gave Bobby his 3rd chance when we hired him. 

lookinupthehill

This mess IS Bobby's fault. If you can't understand that then you need to lay off the paint chips.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2012, 06:01:59 pm
And i am not just talking about this Bama disgrace. last week lost to a sunbet team. and the week before having to fight like hell to be 1AA Jacksonville state. and looking like the worst team in the SEC. there is a reason Bobby was making 3.75 million dollars. he was that good.17 starters are back. it's not like we lost 5 Barry Foster's or Billy Ray smith. this proves my point as to why you better have a damn near hall of fame coach to have a top 10 program here.and for all you who supported Long and his UA boss firing Bobby.  this game and last week's game is for you.how is all that freaking INTEGRITY working out for you now?you are getting what you deserve. to bad good fans who never wanted Bobby fired have to suffer too.

Darn, I was hoping for another t-shirt link!  I only saw it 52 times last night!

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Deepwoods on September 15, 2012, 06:36:24 pm
Shut. Up. Everybody knows Bear Bryant had women. Everybody in LSU knows Saban wasn't faithful. Over 50% of marriages end in divorce most b/c of cheating. Monogamy is a stupid concept anyway. Whether we like it or not we are animals attracted to the other animals with attractive plummage. Religion is the cancer of the Earth b/c it places unrealistic expectations on man when hardly anyone religious or not follows the churches rules. It's a dog eat dog world. Winner take all. Survival of the fittest. Losers are not looked up to or crowned. Nobody taking the 'road of morality' gets much more than a footnote in history. So, again, shut up.

WTH?  Freak out much? You went all Scientology on us or something...

ra2ford

this mess is Long's.  if he wouldn't have been playing power games he would have handled Bobby's discipline internally like every other Program?  he broke no laws or violated no university policy.

Jim8208

Quote from: Murr on September 15, 2012, 06:21:59 pm
Relax, we knew in April this team was being held together by duct tape.  ULM ripped it off and Alabama blew the team up.

The problem on the field is turnovers and fumbles.  If that problem isn't fixed, we wouldn't even be able to beat Springdale High.

Relax? Are you kidding me? After all the preseason hype about possibly being in the national championship game and how this team and coaching staff were so good they could do it without Petrino. Then to have this happen is almost unbelievable. I'll never believe the preseason hype about the Hogs again. It'll be cautious optimism from me from now on.

hogdogcrazy

Oh My Gawd.   So called fans like this are why Bama wins titles and we suck hind tit.  As Long as Jeffie is in charge, we are an also-ran.  A doormat.  Somebody's future homecoming game.

Fire the integrity freak now!
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 15, 2012, 06:28:01 pm
Jeff Long has torched this program with his idiocy.

He sure did.  I think this is worse than it was with Houston Nutt.  I hate to say it.

FCJ called it and was made fun of for saying how bad things were going to be.  He was right though.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

HogsonHicks

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on September 15, 2012, 06:42:11 pm
He sure did.  I think this is worse than it was with Houston Nutt.  I hate to say it.

FCJ called it and was made fun of for saying how bad things were going to be.  He was right though.

Correction:  Many people knew JLS was the conductor of an oncoming train wreck. FCJ was made fun of because he's a blabbering goober.

Carry on.

lookinupthehill

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on September 15, 2012, 06:42:11 pm

FCJ couldn't figure out how to call his momma. This mess is on Bobby first and JLS isn't helping at all. Bobby shot a hole in the boat and JLS bailing water IN.

Deepwoods

Quote from: HogsonHicks on September 15, 2012, 06:40:08 pm
WTH?  Freak out much? You went all Scientology on us or something...

Hardly. I loathe religion and the bs on this board about morality. Most religious folks are hypocrites. The reality is, the real world does not care about these so called morals...it cares about winners and losers.
And if you're wrong...what are the consequences?

lookinupthehill

Quote from: HogsonHicks on September 15, 2012, 06:44:21 pm
Correction:  Many people knew JLS was the conductor of an oncoming train wreck. FCJ was made fun of because he's a blabbering goober.

Carry on.

I'll subscribe to this thoery as well.

Pulled(PP)pork

And once again, you would be wrong.....old piss is better than us

Pulled out...

Wants2Win

There are 2 groups..winners and losers. We are losers. Everything else is someone's opinion. The facts are the facts. I don't even hope we lose out b/c we probably will.

denimchicken

Wanna be in the angry mob Wednesday at the Catfish Hole?
"You can't do backflips, you don't know karate, you're white trash." - Charlie Kelly

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawg IQ

I can't believe folks kept calling radio talk shows predicting hogs beating alabama.

I got cussed and folks even belittled my handle.. Listen I was hoping we could win today but had no reservations about alabama not being able to drum roll us which they did.

Its not about the players or talent anymore, but leadership from JLS to Jeff Long to the David Gearheart and the board of trustees. we have none..NONE !
go hogs go !

Knot2brite

Piss up a rope. Take that alpha male psycho-babble BS and shove it. Morals doesn't have to be religious in nature. It is for me, but stop with the religion is a cancer crap. You look and sound like a idiot. You probably are but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. You would sell your soul for a win or better yet a family member for it. Well those in charge wouldn't and didn't and they are still there. Thank GOD they are and thank GOD someone stood up. I love how hypocrisy gets involved when it is other teams that have these problems. Life stinks sometimes, and there is not a do over most times. Some people scream like a three year old when repercussions and consequences come down. Don't do stupid things and bad things won't happen to you.

Quote from: Deepwoods on September 15, 2012, 06:36:24 pm
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hogifino

FCJ called nothing.  Flapping his mouth about nothing that Long doesn't already know and knew when he had to do the right thing.  Bobby's decision to be above the rules have had an effect and apparently will have a longer term effect on a number of outcomes.  I would have hoped that there would have continued to be leadership but it has not raised its head.  Doing right may have consequences in the short term but its the long term solution that remains to be seen.

HighClassJunkie

Quote from: hawg IQ on September 15, 2012, 07:01:54 pm
I can't believe folks kept calling radio talk shows predicting hogs beating alabama.

I got cussed and folks even belittled my handle.. Listen I was hoping we could win today but had no reservations about alabama not being able to drum roll us which they did.

Its not about the players or talent anymore, but leadership from JLS to Jeff Long to the David Gearheart and the board of trustees. we have none..NONE !

Seriously, after reading your handle, and then reading the title of your "Post", i couldnt go any farther.

Seriously?  IQ?     Hardly.

Dude,  grammar much?

At least present your "argument" or "point" with some class & actual IQ.

It sounds like you're a 12 year old on daddy's laptop.

Show some class, take your time and MAKE people take you seriously.