Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo's Show and Tigerbait. = Bad Radio

Started by nonamer66, September 04, 2012, 09:19:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nonamer66

Does anyone here really believe the caller by the name of tigerbait is for real? I personally think that its just time filler for the show because they can't find anything else to fill the 4hour slot. People call in all the time complaining about this guy and I can't believe people are buying into it.

so how many of you change the station when you hear them talking about this guy or quoting him throughout the show?

The Boar War

It's not just Bo's show.  He's on all the 103.7 shows.  Same with the "realist".  People who are more anti-arkansas than pro LSU/USC.

He's a straw man for sure but I think he's a real person.

Hogeration

I'm with you.  It's not good at all.  It only makes me change the station.  We should all just change the station instead of calling and griping about him.

The Boar War

I just wonder how strange it would be to call the same place 3-4 times a day and say the same thing every time every day.

nonamer66

Quote from: The Boar War on September 04, 2012, 09:34:42 pm
I just wonder how strange it would be to call the same place 3-4 times a day and say the same thing every time every day.

exactly. is it that easy to call in and get right on the radio.

RAZORBACK PRIDE

it also seems like he knows more about us then LSU
What do you give Joe Adams for Christmas?
Nothing cuz he'll just 'RETURN' it!

kingofdequeen

i did this to an exgirlfriend one time.

El Guapo

about the same as some of the jaded hogvillians that post the same mess every single day... I'm pretty sure Mrs. Petrino isn't the only jaded person in the natural state
"If I could rest anywhere it would be Arkansaw where the man of the real-horse, half alligator-breed such as grows no where else on the face of the universal earth" Davey Crockett 1834

hawgcaller

I don't think tigerbait is for real. Its just a gimmick  to promote a radio call in show. Personally, I change the station when he calls. There is a couple of other callers I can't stand to listen to either. I hate the guy who always calls in rude, trying to prove someone wrong, talking loud and calling out the host over something he said earlier. I feel bad enough just listening to the stupid show,  I can't imagine not having anything better to do than call in everyday like some of those bozos.

Dogtown Donkey

He's the new flavor heel for the show. Just like MFS and Tim from Little Rock.

kchogfan14

It is no longer sportstalk with Bo, it is now Sportstalk with Tigerbait and Michael from Stuttgart. I turn the station off whenever either of them come on now. Twenty minutes later, it is usually safe to return to the station. Here it is football season, and the 2 biggest Hog haters(Tigerbait and Michael) occupy most of the air time. I am getting a new appreciation for music instead of listening to that bullcrap.

hawkhawg

I'd rather listen to tigerbait then:

Who do you think will be our starting qb next year and how do you think Dumas will do against McGhee. I'll hang up and listen.

Johnny America

In the past I always changed the station when MFS and Tim would call in. Now I change it when Tigerbait calls in. It is not because what he says is annoying or makes me angry. I just stopped caring when he says the same thing over and over. It is boring so I change the station.
God is not real.

iluvmyslute89

Bo's show sucks but it comes on tv right about the time im getting in from work so i watch it... tiger bait and the realist have almost baited me into calling, but i never do. i called once but hung up after being put on hold. its better than chuck barretts show that comes on tv, "razorback football with john l smith". it pretty much consists of chuck barrett spewing his bs for 10 minutes, showing 2-3 minutes of  highlights of the game, chuck interviews the coach for 5 minutes, then theres about 30-40 minutes of advertising sprinkled throughout the hour long show. i remember when it was "razorback football with bobby petrino", and they would actually dissect plays during the show. John L sucks almost as much as Bos show

IronHog

September 04, 2012, 10:02:23 pm #14 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:07:44 pm by IronHog
Quote from: nonamer66 on September 04, 2012, 09:19:17 pm
Does anyone here really believe the caller by the name of tigerbait is for real? I personally think that its just time filler for the show because they can't find anything else to fill the 4hour slot. People call in all the time complaining about this guy and I can't believe people are buying into it.

so how many of you change the station when you hear them talking about this guy or quoting him throughout the show?

Bo's show is about 40% good, 60% bad gimmicks.

I like his interviews and commentary.  Hate the call in reality show  plants like Tiger Bait.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

White River Hawg

Quote from: catsclaw on September 04, 2012, 09:45:00 pm
I don't think tigerbait is for real. Its just a gimmick  to promote a radio call in show. Personally, I change the station when he calls. There is a couple of other callers I can't stand to listen to either. I hate the guy who always calls in rude, trying to prove someone wrong, talking loud and calling out the host over something he said earlier. I feel bad enough just listening to the stupid show,  I can't imagine not having anything better to do than call in everyday like some of those bozos.

I'm with you 100%.  Tigerbait reminds me of Tim from LR... maybe they're the same person  ???  Both are equally annoying one trick ponies that drive me nuts.

onebadrubi

I think he is fake because if someone hated Arkansas that bad, and liked LSU that much, he would be listening to the LSU shows, not Arkansas's.

TDHawgs

You guys do realize that Bo goes on Paul Finebaum show at times to talk about the Razorbacks. You don't think he's trying to copy Finebaum's format, or got tips from him?

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

RNHog

Bo and his show sucks. Ive tried to listen but its horrendous.

Jeffcphog

I used to turn any show off when MFS or tigerbait called.  Left it off for at least 10 minutes.  Now, I never turn it back on that day.

Speedracer

Bo runs out of material I think and just let's him come on there because then you have the next 10 callers saying "blah blah blah, I lost IQ points listening to Tigerlitter" or whatever they try to mock him with.  It's really bad and as an out of state listener tryin to get my hawg fix I find it B radio.  Might as well just call it the BO and bitch about Tigerbait show
Like smites bother me.

idochog

I love Jesus!

IronHog

Quote from: Speedracer on September 04, 2012, 10:20:49 pm
Bo runs out of material I think and just let's him come on there because then you have the next 10 callers saying "blah blah blah, I lost IQ points listening to Tigerlitter" or whatever they try to mock him with.  It's really bad and as an out of state listener tryin to get my hawg fix I find it B radio.  Might as well just call it the BO and bitch about Tigerbait show

MFS actually knows some stuff about football and could be a good contributer on the show........ they just mess the whole show up with the stupid fake callers.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

WAHog

I'm another who won't listen when the gimmicks (MFS, TLR, TB) are on.

It's really a shame because Bo does have good guests on, and he conducts a decent interview.  How is it possible he believes these "callers" create interest?  Are there really that many stupid listeners who believe the calls and enjoy the fake conflict?

Lately, even when Tigerbait isn't calling, Bo talks about Tigerbait calling and goes on and on, complaining about Tigerbait saying the same thing over and over.  He say's Tigerbait needs some new material.

Hey, Bo!  Maybe you're the one in need of new material.  You're better than this!  The world doesn't need another Finebaum.

White River Hawg

Anybody remember TigerHATE, Tigerbait's alter ego?  I heard him on Bo's show once and kinda thought he was entertaining.

Deepwoods

I change it every time tigerbait or any other hog basher comes on. I have no interest in listening to 'reality radio.' I try to live a calm life. I can't stand listening to people scream, yell and hate. I'd much rather listen to intelligent, civil discussions about sports than most of the ranting crap out there right now like Finebaum and Cowherd.

One of this country's biggest problems is people have lost their manners. So much hate and vitriol spewed 24/7. Folks stay pissed off about something all day long.  ::)
And if you're wrong...what are the consequences?

thebignasty

Enough people buy the plants to light up the phone lines in the immediate aftermath.  Don't blame Bo, blame those folks.

cotterhog

i keep wondering if Michael from Stuttgart and Tiger Bait are the same person. There was a person who called the other day ranting about the SEC being not as good as the Big 12. He said he was a K-State fan but I swore it was Tiger Bait.

imarazorbackfanman

Tigerbait = MFS
And you can take that to the bank!!

songofthesword

I thought i was the only one.  turn teh radio down when eh gets on it's hard to listen to. I mean damn i'm not going to willingly listen to someone just piss on the program every day of the week and then bo takes this pacifist attitude which makes it worse just gets stepped all over.

bigdogg2834

Hog_One_Stop

The two that are on here in NWA in morning are terrible they talk all the time because no one calls in.

Redhogs

Quote from: bigdogg2834 on September 05, 2012, 03:12:44 am
I miss Jim Rome
I don't...he's arrogant....and I really don't care about the Lakers or USC.....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

jb11

Quote from: Johnny America on September 04, 2012, 09:53:17 pm
In the past I always changed the station when MFS and Tim would call in. Now I change it when Tigerbait calls in. It is not because what he says is annoying or makes me angry. I just stopped caring when he says the same thing over and over. It is boring so I change the station.
I do the same thing.  Can't stand to listen to them.  Sometimes I remember to turn the station back, but a lot of times I just move on.

I think Bo enjoys it because it makes his job a little easier.  Less show prepping he has to do.

Mike_e

September 05, 2012, 07:44:54 am #35 Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:48:30 am by Mike_e
Tigerbait should be illegal!

Everybody knows that tigers are an endangered species.  Promoting ways to capture or kill them is just wrong.   

Of course any species that uses mustard as an aphrodisiac is on it's way down anyway.  :)
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

Ex-Trumpet

How many non-listeners will tune in now to hear how bad it is?

Bo and his sponsors thank you for the publicity he's getting here!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: kchogfan14 on September 04, 2012, 09:51:52 pm
It is no longer sportstalk with Bo, it is now Sportstalk with Tigerbait and Michael from Stuttgart. I turn the station off whenever either of them come on now. Twenty minutes later, it is usually safe to return to the station. Here it is football season, and the 2 biggest Hog haters(Tigerbait and Michael) occupy most of the air time. I am getting a new appreciation for music instead of listening to that bullcrap.

This.  Bo lost me as a regular listener when it became the Michael from Stuttgart Show.  However, from time to time I will tune his show in but it seems like every time I do the moron Tigerbait is on.  It's been weeks since I listened to his show and it's unlikely I'll tune in anytime soon. 

Clax10

jry04

Quote from: Hog_One_Stop on September 05, 2012, 06:52:51 am
The two that are on here in NWA in morning are terrible they talk all the time because no one calls in.
That would be Nick Mason...

AWFUL

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rlreev01

I agree with all of you.  I actually like Bo's show but this Tigerbait and Micheal from Stuggard is over the hill and I turn it off when they call in.  The problem is, they still talk about what they called in about the rest of the show!!!.  They need to cut that crap.

DCimport

September 05, 2012, 09:36:13 am #42 Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:39:30 am by DCimport
I follow twitter more so than listen to radio.

I'd rather go down to the Bigger Jigger and hear a bunch of drunks give their opinions of the football program and try to validate their opinions based on the fact that played high school football.  It's more entertaining than hearing that chick from Stuttgart or (master)tiggerbait. 

nonamer66

Quote from: HogFan#1 on September 05, 2012, 08:44:42 am
Bo pulls his material from this site.

maybe he will get the hint that we are tired of it.

Danny J

Quote from: HogFan#1 on September 05, 2012, 08:44:42 am
Bo pulls his material from this site.
I know for a fact that he is Mrcoolhog55.... ;)

pigture perfect

The Realist might be the worst. Does his voice remind anyone of Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Blue35