Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I started a social network yesterday for watch parties and tailgates

Started by Mrs.Whiskey, August 26, 2012, 03:41:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs.Whiskey

Well, 3 of us Hog fans did.

The site is called http://fanmap.com

Hopefully this will make it easier for your friends to find your tailgate on gamedays (Little Rock golf course can get way confusing).  Also, out-of-staters can promote their watch parties and grow their groups.

We have an app coming out next.  Sorry, it is not that mobile friendly right now.

This is just Phase 1 so the site will get better through the season.

GO HOGS!

Feralhog

great idea. Keep us updated
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Mrs.Whiskey

wow- that's great!  thanx

when my husband & i moved from las vegas to scottsdale we didn't know anybody.  we're lucky enough to work for ourselves & our hours are flexible.  so we started groups in both cities to find our fans.  but most people don't have that time and we wanted to make it easy for all sports fans to find each other.

besides that... i'd like dan patrick to think it's cool too- because i'd love to have beer & wings with him & the danettes!

Go Hogs!

14erHog

We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

Mrs.Whiskey

any feedback?  we're only in phase 1 and it will improve as we go.  we welcome constructive criticism.

Also- I'm not sure if you can shop on Hogville- still new & a lot to learn about the site.  if so- i'm not trying to step on any toes here.  on fanmap there is a tab "fanshop".  you can purchase team merchandise & tickets from there.

NWARazor

Started by Razorback grads, many Razorback groups (Alumni Assoc. Chapters, Razorback Clubs, etc.) are beginning to use fanmap.com to post their watch parties. Already listed on this new site are watch parties for Jacksonville State in New York, Memphis, San Diego, Portland, OR, Arizona and even some of our soldiers in Afghanistan. Check it out and list your event for all to see! Go Hogs!  :razorback: ::hornsdown::
Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Mrs.Whiskey

thanx for the plug NWARazor.

& wildhog- you just may be right  ;)

Wildhog

Quote from: Mrs.Whiskey on August 27, 2012, 03:17:03 pm
thanx for the plug NWARazor.

& wildhog- you just may be right  ;)

I usually am.  You'll learn that over time.  8)
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Mrs.Whiskey

8)

funny!  i thought we were all right all the time.  come on now.

just kidding!