Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Potential blockbuster between the Red Sox & Dodgers

Started by jbell96, August 24, 2012, 05:51:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbell96

August 24, 2012, 05:51:31 pm Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:53:15 pm by jbell96
http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8300112/adrian-gonzalez-carl-crawford-josh-beckett-nearing-boston-red-sox-exit-sources-say

I'm skeptical of it happening, but apparently the Dodgers wouldn't mind taking on a ton of bad contracts if it is true. I'm sure Boston wouldn't be off the hook for all $275 owed to Gonzalez, Crawford, & Beckett, but to get someone to take a good chunk of it off their hands will be good for them in the long run.

bsking

If the Sox get Lee and Webster, that would be a great deal for them.

OnTheHillHogFan

Loney, A-Gon and Punto all scratched from the line tonight. Also Keith Law retweeted a picture of a Red Sox worker taking down an Adrian Gonzakez poster
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

clutch

I may be missing something here, but what are the chances of all these guys passing waivers?

bsking

Quote from: clutch on August 24, 2012, 09:48:02 pm
I may be missing something here, but what are the chances of all these guys passing waivers?

Already did.

ChicoHog

As  diehard Dodger fan I have mixed feelings.  Love getting Gonzalez but not thrilled with Beckett and not sure about Crawford as he did poorly last year and will probably not play until May 2013.  hate to give up De La Rosa as he will be a stud and Webster good could be very good.  also I don't want to sacrifice the future of the team for a "win now" attitude.  I love watching guys who came up through the organization and develop as players.  I don't want to become a team of mercenaries.  Spend the money on the farm system and scouting.

hoglady

This lifelong RedSox fan is happy.
Sox needed to reboot and start over - what they were doing wasn't working.
I am glad to get Beckett out of the clubhouse, hate to see Gonzalez go and Crawford just couldn't get in done in Boston.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

OnTheHillHogFan

A-Gon hit a 3 run bomb in his first at bat as a dodger last night
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hoglady

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on August 26, 2012, 11:36:16 am
A-Gon hit a 3 run bomb in his first at bat as a dodger last night

Yep, saw that on Sportscenter last night.
Like I said hate to see Gonzalez go - the ballplayer and the person.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

bsking

I think it was a pretty good trade for both parties.

Sox get a massive do-over.  Dodgers become relevant again.

hoglady

Boston is a dysfunctional family right now.
This trade won't change that but it's a start.
Want to know how many current Red Sox players showed up for Johnny Pesky's funeral last week? 4
Pedroia stated no one gave them details about the funeral until they arrived back in Boston at 4 am - management dropped the ball, but the players should have known the wrath they'd receive from the fans for the no show.
Pesky is one of the most beloved players to ever wear a Sox uniform. He devoted his entire adult life to the organization. Some fans will never forgive the slight.

clutch

Quote from: hoglady on August 26, 2012, 12:35:20 pm
Boston is a dysfunctional family right now.
This trade won't change that but it's a start.
Want to know how many current Red Sox players showed up for Johnny Pesky's funeral last week? 4
Pedroia stated no one gave them details about the funeral until they arrived back in Boston at 4 am - management dropped the ball, but the players should have known the wrath they'd receive from the fans for the no show.
Pesky is one of the most beloved players to ever wear a Sox uniform. He devoted his entire adult life to the organization. Some fans will never forgive the slight.

The Sox just need to completely unload and start over. I'm not a Sox fan so I found it amusing at first, but now it's just sad. They finally get things turned around and before they know it everything fell apart.

They need fresh faces all around. A manager that can run a team and players that don't try to run a team.

hoglady

Quote from: clutch on August 27, 2012, 12:29:47 am
The Sox just need to completely unload and start over. I'm not a Sox fan so I found it amusing at first, but now it's just sad. They finally get things turned around and before they know it everything fell apart.

They need fresh faces all around. A manager that can run a team and players that don't try to run a team.

They need players who deserve to wear the uniform. I'm not talking about field performance. I'm talking about effort, heart and an appreciation for the history of the organization. Henry's money has just managed to fill that clubhouse with a revolving door of overpaid prima donna's - who don't appreciate the city, the fans or respect the game.

ucahogfan

Quote from: ChicoHog on August 25, 2012, 05:11:57 pm
also I don't want to sacrifice the future of the team for a "win now" attitude.  I love watching guys who came up through the organization and develop as players.  I don't want to become a team of mercenaries.  Spend the money on the farm system and scouting.
The Dodgers aren't really going into a "win now" attitude.  A-Gon and Crawford are locked up long term and I think will do very good in the NL West.  Their OF of Kemp, Either, and Crawford will be one of the best in the MLB.  Han-Ram is a player who can be locked up long term and could be a legit top 10 player in the game.  The Dodgers didn't really have a very strong farm system so it seems like they are bridging the gap until they can rebuild the farm.

Plus, it will be nice to see a 3 team bidding war for the top FAs instead of a 2 team.

clutch

Quote from: ucahogfan on August 27, 2012, 07:46:48 am
The Dodgers aren't really going into a "win now" attitude.  A-Gon and Crawford are locked up long term and I think will do very good in the NL West.  Their OF of Kemp, Either, and Crawford will be one of the best in the MLB.  Han-Ram is a player who can be locked up long term and could be a legit top 10 player in the game.  The Dodgers didn't really have a very strong farm system so it seems like they are bridging the gap until they can rebuild the farm.

Plus, it will be nice to see a 3 team bidding war for the top FAs instead of a 2 team.

If Crawford turns into Crawford again when he comes back, that outfield is absolutely insane. I'm really big on Han-Ram too. I think if he's happy then he is one of the best players in majors.