Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan Skipper

Started by deedster84, February 07, 2013, 08:08:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

deedster84

At 6'10" 295 lbs can anybody else see him moved to TE or DE? Be a helluva target to throw to and a monster to throw around.

3kgthog

I'd rather see him in the paint for Mike Anderson.

tophawg19

i think he is thinking ED ''TOO TALL '' JONES kinda guy . 6'10  does put an o-lineman at a disadvantage . especially when it comes to leverage . and pad level
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hog Fan from Camden

tweet pilot

Quote from: deedster84 on February 07, 2013, 08:08:59 pm
At 6'10" 295 lbs can anybody else see him moved to TE or DE? Be a helluva target to throw to and a monster to throw around.

I say put him at quarterback.  If he just ran 3 straight QB sneaks and fell over at the line of scrimmage it would be a first down every time.  Gosh I hope CBB reads this.  Bet he never even thought of it.

kodiakisland

NO
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

cardinalandwhite

Every coach needs a Jason Peters, right?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

The Boar War

You're getting roasted here but I'll agree:  letting him play tight end (if he has decent hands) in goal line situations is not a bad plan.  I don't think it's a  ridiculous idea to throw the ball up to a 6'10 kid when most dbs are around 6 foot.

But his primary position should be OL.

hoghappy

Some of you people who are criticizing the OP need to realize that some of us don't live in Hogville. We come here to learn. Often we learn from asking questions. Besides using the R-word is as politically incorrect as using the N-word and should not be tolerated.

cardinalandwhite

The ONLY position more important to an offense than LT is QB, so if you find a solid LT, you play him at LT.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

This could happen ya never know....Don't pay attention to all these head coaches  ;) in this thread :)

:razorback: :razorback:   ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

deedster84

Quote from: The Boar War on February 07, 2013, 09:51:59 pm
You're getting roasted here but I'll agree:  letting him play tight end (if he has decent hands) in goal line situations is not a bad plan.  I don't think it's a  ridiculous idea to throw the ball up to a 6'10 kid when most dbs are around 6 foot.

But his primary position should be OL.
I don't mind getting roasted in here. Especially when it's a serious question. Some people just get their jollies trying to run someone down. I got thick skin though.
CBB uses 2 TEs a lot and he'd be great at that and sneak him out on a pattern occasionally. CBB is also known to move people and try them at different positions. Who would you rather have on the line: A 6'10" 295 lb guy or a 6'4" 300-325 lb guy? His frame isn't as big as the typical lineman and may not put on the weight to handle these huge SEC DTs or DEs.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: deedster84 on February 07, 2013, 10:13:02 pm
I don't mind getting roasted in here. Especially when it's a serious question. Some people just get their jollies trying to run someone down. I got thick skin though.
CBB uses 2 TEs a lot and he'd be great at that and sneak him out on a pattern occasionally. CBB is also known to move people and try them at different positions. Who would you rather have on the line: A 6'10" 295 lb guy or a 6'4" 300-325 lb guy? His frame isn't as big as the typical lineman and may not put on the weight to handle these huge SEC DTs or DEs.

+1

:razorback: :razorback:   ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hoghappy on February 07, 2013, 09:54:04 pm
using the R-word is as politically incorrect as using the N-word

That is just R-worded.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

His frame Looks like it could easily pack on another 40 pounds.

And it would be nice to use him at tackle because in Khoeler's video I thought he looked better at gaurd.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Tim Harris

He will be able to put on plenty of weight to get him to 315-320 or more.  You have to remember that most of these kids have never been a S&C program at all.  He was recruited to play on the OLine and that is where he will play.