Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Frazier out of Har-Ber

Started by lewd and lascivious, August 18, 2012, 02:11:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lewd and lascivious

I hope that our coaches are paying attention to him on Twitter.  I know that Coaches Horton and Peoples are following him.  I think that if they put a Dragonball Z DVD collection in the player's lounge and a picture of Kendall Jenner in his locker, he'll commit right on the spot.  The guy is a fanatic.

There's a chance he's going to be a 5 star his senior year (no lower than one of the top 4 stars), and he's been communicating with Kaleb Blanchard over Twitter telling him that Arkansas is "definitely in his top three" along with Alabama and LSU/USC.  When he visited Alabama, he was 346 pounds.  That's before he even enters his junior year of HS.

I hate that Alabama has already offered him, as well, but I hope that the coaches go all out, even with the absurdity, for him.

Amityvillehogger

Misleading thread title. Thought you were about to say he quit or was kicked out.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Huds_HawgTide

Need to snag one like him and the kid from el dorado
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

lewd and lascivious

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on August 18, 2012, 02:23:37 am
Misleading thread title. Thought you were about to say he quit or was kicked out.

Really?  Just because I said his name and school?  That was misleading?

lewd and lascivious

Quote from: tophawgwatcher on August 18, 2012, 02:24:26 am
Need to snag one like him and the kid from el dorado

Yeah, I think that Bijhon Jackson favors LSU but he hasn't been offered by them yet.  If they can stay out of the picture I think that he will come to Arkansas, but if they offer, he'll likely commit to them.  Not that he can't be swayed of course, but that's what Arkansas would probably have to go against.

Huds_HawgTide

This board is sometimes like the new disney movie coming out at the end of the year, "Wreck it Ralph"....awwwww, I'm gonna wreck it!
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

sickboy

Quote from: lewd and lascivious on August 18, 2012, 02:27:05 am
Really?  Just because I said his name and school?  That was misleading?

I think it was the word "out" sandwiched between the name and the school.

lewd and lascivious

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on August 18, 2012, 03:11:04 am
I think it was the word "out" sandwiched between the name and the school.

Oh, I see now.  I probably should have said "from Har-Ber."  Normally if someone is removed from a team, they say "out AT _______".

PEtrader

Quote from: lewd and lascivious on August 18, 2012, 03:18:42 am
Oh, I see now.  I probably should have said "from Har-Ber."  Normally if someone is removed from a team, they say "out AT _______".

Alot of Hogvillians have trouble even writing sentences.  You expect them all to be able to read?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

CDBHawg

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on August 18, 2012, 02:23:37 am

I think you are confused between the difference of "out of" and "out at".

RAF

Quote from: CDBHawg on August 18, 2012, 03:01:04 pm
I think you are confused between the difference of "out of" and "out at".
Well, as long as we're talking semantics, the phrase "out of" generally has a connotation of a previous affiliation, rather than a current affiliation.  Think about how many times you hear the phrase "rookie _____ out of ______" in the context of the NFL draft, i.e., that statement describes who they used to play for.

CDBHawg

Quote from: RAF on August 18, 2012, 03:56:11 pm
Well, as long as we're talking semantics, the phrase "out of" generally has a connotation of a previous affiliation, rather than a current affiliation.  Think about how many times you hear the phrase "rookie _____ out of ______" in the context of the NFL draft, i.e., that statement describes who they used to play for.

You ever heard them refer to such rookie as "out at" the school they used to play for?

Wahls

Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Wahls

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 18, 2012, 06:55:04 pm
So what does the brother say?

I talked to him about a month ago and he said that he is neutral right now and just letting it all play out - but that he was ultimately a hog fan.

I'll send him a message and see if anything has changed.
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

Wahls

Already got the message back. "I don't see him going that way" referring to LSU.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wahls on August 18, 2012, 07:01:11 pm
Already got the message back. "I don't see him going that way" referring to LSU.

Cool.  I'll trust that you actually know his brother. 

DT is the most competitive position to recruit...legit DT's that can qualify are few and far between.  If we have a good one in our own state, we simply can't let him get away.  I remember all the hub-bub about Dyer a few year a ago, but it was clear to me that Byran Jones was the most important in-state recruit.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Porked Tongue

That reminds me, I'm out of soda.  Be back shortly.

Deepwoods

Porked...your avi...ELL-O-ELL!!!!
And if you're wrong...what are the consequences?

IronHog

Quote from: lewd and lascivious on August 18, 2012, 02:11:47 am
I hope that our coaches are paying attention to him on Twitter.  I know that Coaches Horton and Peoples are following him.  I think that if they put a Dragonball Z DVD collection in the player's lounge and a picture of Kendall Jenner in his locker, he'll commit right on the spot.  The guy is a fanatic.

There's a chance he's going to be a 5 star his senior year (no lower than one of the top 4 stars), and he's been communicating with Kaleb Blanchard over Twitter telling him that Arkansas is "definitely in his top three" along with Alabama and LSU/USC.  When he visited Alabama, he was 346 pounds.  That's before he even enters his junior year of HS.

I hate that Alabama has already offered him, as well, but I hope that the coaches go all out, even with the absurdity, for him.

This young man from Arkansas or did his family move to the area recently?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: lewd and lascivious on August 18, 2012, 02:29:14 am
Bijhon Jackson

That is a SEC DT's name if there ever was one.........

Both of these young men will be nationally recruited.  Locking the both up early would be a huge coup for the Hogs.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

the machinist

josh is a good friend of my daughters and my wife loves him to death, hes a great kid and a heck of a baller. i hope we can keep em here!!!
hey honey badger,wanna party?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: the machinist on August 19, 2012, 01:18:32 pm
josh is a good friend of my daughters and my wife loves him to death, hes a great kid and a heck of a baller. i hope we can keep em here!!!

Get to work!
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Porked Tongue

Quote from: the machinist on August 19, 2012, 01:18:32 pm

Is your wife named Christy?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ListenHereMister

We need Frazier and Jackson to go along with Peavey. What a start to the 14 class.

Hog Nutt

Deepwoods

I want for him to be a Raorback so bad!!!!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
And if you're wrong...what are the consequences?

Aston Martin 8 dude

redleg

In light of how Arkansas' in-state recruiting has gone over the last four recruiting classes (counting the "13 class), the Hogs have lost out on the top recruit in Arkansas each of those classes.
Dyer in 2010, Frazier in 2011, Zac Brooks in 2012, and now Tenpenny in 2013.
It wouldn't surprise me if they missed on the #1 and maybe even the #2 recruit in-state for the 2014 class, if those players are Jackson and Frazier. These players today just do not have the loyalty that was prevalent in years past. I hope I am wrong and the 2014 class is loaded in Arkansas, and the Hogs get every single player they offer...but I have my doubts.
We may as well forget about Tenpenny flipping. Arkansas would have to win it all, or bring in a bigtime head coach after the season.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

HogHomer

Tenpenny is really the only one that has really been "lost" and we still have a chance to get him to flip. Bobby saw the character issues in Dyer and didn't overly persue him. We were set at QB with Frazier and he wouldn't have fit too well in the system. And Zac Brooks wanted to play RB and we already had 3 RB commits who were as good if not better than him. These 3 players shouldn't be counted as loses.

hogwild210

Quote from: HogHomer on August 23, 2012, 02:41:18 pm
Tenpenny is really the only one that has really been "lost" and we still have a chance to get him to flip. Bobby saw the character issues in Dyer and didn't overly persue him. We were set at QB with Frazier and he wouldn't have fit too well in the system. And Zac Brooks wanted to play RB and we already had 3 RB commits who were as good if not better than him. These 3 players shouldn't be counted as loses.

Other than Dyer, I agree.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Mrs.Whiskey

Quote from: lewd and lascivious on August 18, 2012, 02:11:47 am
a picture of Kendall Jenner in his locker, he'll commit right on the spot.  The guy is a fanatic.

ha ha!  that's so true!  he loves her!!!

mmhogs17

Quote from: redleg on August 23, 2012, 02:24:12 pm
In light of how Arkansas' in-state recruiting has gone over the last four recruiting classes (counting the "13 class), the Hogs have lost out on the top recruit in Arkansas each of those classes.
Dyer in 2010, Frazier in 2011, Zac Brooks in 2012, and now Tenpenny in 2013.
It wouldn't surprise me if they missed on the #1 and maybe even the #2 recruit in-state for the 2014 class, if those players are Jackson and Frazier. These players today just do not have the loyalty that was prevalent in years past. I hope I am wrong and the 2014 class is loaded in Arkansas, and the Hogs get every single player they offer...but I have my doubts.
We may as well forget about Tenpenny flipping. Arkansas would have to win it all, or bring in a bigtime head coach after the season.

Bijhon Jackson? Lol, kid is a huge Hog fan and has name Arkansas his clear #1.

Wahls

He has not named Arkansas as his #1 per his brother. He's going to let the process play itself out. Read above, people.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Zac Brooks?   Did he even make all state? 

Huds_HawgTide

brooks was ranked number one during the season but im not real sure if he finished that high...was that the brey cook year?
tommy boy

secfan1

Saw most of brooks home games. I didn't see it all. Wasn't even best player on his team. Doesn't like contact. Won't be missed. Clemson can say they stole him but he is overated and may never crack the field for him.

secfan1

Also, looking at cobi hamiltons twitter, did Frazier committ today?

CDBHawg

Quote from: secfan1 on August 24, 2012, 11:56:38 am

Cordara Frazier, not Josh.

lewd and lascivious

Quote from: secfan1 on August 24, 2012, 11:56:38 am

Josh Frazier already stated that he isn't going to commit until his senior year.  So it's likely another Frazier.

secfan1

Quote from: CDBHawg on August 24, 2012, 12:06:07 pm
Cordara Frazier, not Josh.

The player that graduated from Pine Bluff three or four years ago?

CDBHawg

Quote from: secfan1 on August 24, 2012, 12:37:27 pm
The player that graduated from Pine Bluff three or four years ago?

That'd be him. Coming from UAPB.

secfan1

redleg

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on August 23, 2012, 04:58:36 pm
Zac Brooks?   Did he even make all state?
Brooks was ranked #1 in Arkansas by one recruiting service and #2 in another. Warren WR Jalen Cobb was the other 4-star recruit in that class from Arkansas, and he ended up in Jr. College.
He was a 4-star recruit that chose Clemson over Arkansas. He is listed 5th on Clemson's depth chart at RB as a true freshman and will probably redshirt.
Brooks was in the Class of 2012.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Wahls

There's no way that Brooks will be a better college player than Cobb or Ward. No way.

whosiskid

September 03, 2012, 12:07:38 pm #47 Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:14:36 pm by whosiskid
I liked Josh Frazier's comments after the Jacksonville State game that he was becoming increasingly comfortable with the Razorbacks. That isn't anything definitive, but has to be taken as a positive. Sounds like our biggest competitor is Alabama, but my gut tells me that we are going to keep Josh instate.

As far as Bijhon Jackson goes, I notice that 247 has him categorized not "Warmer" on Arkansas, but "Favorite," which in their code means they think it is a done deal. They had Hunter Henry as "Warmer" for Arkansas, which usually means that they think a school has a very good shot as someone, but "Favorite" is pretty unusual.

So I think we are going to get Frazier and Jackson, which means we'll be adding one-third of a ton of defensive tackle excellence. Don't remember when we've had two such excellent DT prospects in the state.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Porked Tongue