• 388,911 Topics
• 22,012 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: So Gus knew all along  (Read 14258 times)

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bringing Refinement To Hogville Since '09
Re: So Gus knew all along
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2012, 11:12:40 pm »

Google is your friend.  Try and find where any university has ever kicked a player off the team that has never been arrested, especially a 5 star.  Yet you want to bad mouth the one coach that did.

Every heard the name Terrelle Pryor?

There have been others.

But you're focusing on the wrong issue, there sparkie.  Does the fact he wasn't charged with possession of that gun and that marijuana change the reality he got caught with them?

Even Michael Dyer himself has (apparently) admitted to that, so why the heck are you making that your focus?

Grasp at straws much?

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2012, 11:14:27 pm »

But like I said, Troll or Gus hugger. Which is it??

I think it goes beyond hugger.  I think he's going to ask Gus to take a trip with him to a bed and breakfast in New Hampshire any day now.

What would Chick-Fil-A say?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

justmakeit2thebcs

• Senior
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2012, 08:27:57 am »

Every heard the name Terrelle Pryor?

There have been others.

But you're focusing on the wrong issue, there sparkie.  Does the fact he wasn't charged with possession of that gun and that marijuana change the reality he got caught with them?

Even Michael Dyer himself has (apparently) admitted to that, so why the heck are you making that your focus?

Grasp at straws much?
You are clueless, Pryor was suspended for 5 games for receiving benefits.     He then chose to turn pro.  He wasn't.t kicked off the team. 

Per the second amendment, I thought citizens could own guns. 

So what if your beef with Gus?  He didn't kick him off soon enough ?

justmakeit2thebcs

• Senior
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2012, 08:32:37 am »

What the heck does this mean?

But like I said, Troll or Gus hugger. Which is it??
it means that no coach in America would have kicked dyer off in march.

why is dd jones still on the hogs, he was actually charged with a crime.   Dyer has never been charged with a crime, ever.

HoggyCat

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2012, 10:12:22 am »

You are clueless, Pryor was suspended for 5 games for receiving benefits.     He then chose to turn pro.  He wasn't.t kicked off the team. 

Per the second amendment, I thought citizens could own guns. 

Pryor played in the sugar bowl.

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2012, 10:19:45 am »

No, he most certainly did not kick him off soon enough.

Gus was told the truth by a very, very, VERY reliable source, an ex-ASU alum State Trooper with absolute no reason to lie about the situation, but yet he 'chose to believe' this dumb azz punk who Gus KNEW had done this crap in the past?

It's absurd and ridiculous to think even for a microsecond that Gus didn't know the complete truth of the situation at that time.  He just didn't care.  All he cared about was that there would be nothing coming out in public from that event, and that's why he didn't boot Dyer at that time.

And that makes him a liar.  Both when he stated the conditions of Dyer's acceptance at ASU, and in that stinking PC when he portrayed MD as this team leader doing all these things right.

He knew the truth, and he knew he was lying through his stinking teeth, but yet he went in front of those cameras and played that dishonest game to pump up Dyer and to pump up his own career.

And he's lying now to cover his rear end.

Actually, this series of events has opened my eyes about Gus' character to a very large degree.  I thought very highly of Gus until the Scam Newton crap came to the surface.  I knew there was no way Gus didn't have some knowledge of the illegal recruiting garbage going on at Auburn.

But even then, I gave him somewhat of a pass.  Because of the respect he earned in my eyes during the difficult year at the UA, I allowed myself to believe that, even though he certainly knew about some of the stuff, that he wasn't actively involved in the buying of players, and was working hard to be intentionally ignorant of the goings on down there.

But this lying and misrepresenting this entire situation shows him to be no different than any morally flexible coach who is willing to do whatever he needs to do to further his career.

Maybe his time at Auburn changed him and his moralities, or maybe he never was the good man I believed he used to be.  Regardless, he's proven who he is today.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:22:35 am by bigdaddyhawg »

justmakeit2thebcs

• Senior
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2012, 03:25:40 pm »

Gus kicked off a guy with NO CRIMINAL record.  Yet how many Hogs with criminal still play today or played out their career?  HMMM... you seem to want to hold Gus to a higher standard than any other coach.   He did something very few, if any, other coaches have ever done, he kicked off a 5 star recruit with NO CRIMINAL record and NO NCAA violations.   Not good enough huh?   Find another example where coach kicked a guy off the team for less.

If Gus did something even remotely wrong, where is the media?  Where is the NCAA? Fact is there is nothing there.  Only a few haters ,and very few at that, on message boards even care enough to whine.  And you guys had your mind made up before you heard any details.   

justmakeit2thebcs

• Senior
  • Go Hogs!

WinstonWolf

• Band Nerd
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2012, 05:08:55 pm »

Gus kicked off a guy with NO CRIMINAL record.  Yet how many Hogs with criminal still play today or played out their career?  HMMM... you seem to want to hold Gus to a higher standard than any other coach.   He did something very few, if any, other coaches have ever done, he kicked off a 5 star recruit with NO CRIMINAL record and NO NCAA violations.   Not good enough huh?   Find another example where coach kicked a guy off the team for less.

If Gus did something even remotely wrong, where is the media?  Where is the NCAA? Fact is there is nothing there.  Only a few haters ,and very few at that, on message boards even care enough to whine.  And you guys had your mind made up before you heard any details.

You saved me some effort with your "right on the money" characterization of the entire issue.   A little perspective does wonders.     This thread is a big ole "so what?"

Good series of posts.

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2012, 05:22:51 pm »

Just repeat "Gus did nothing wrong" over and over, and maybe it will come true!

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2012, 05:45:26 pm »

Still on the Horned Frogs...
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/19723451/report-tcu-quarterback-pachall-told-police-he-failed-drug-test

A typical "distract" ploy, to take focus off your guy, and put it on somebody else.

And, in this one, you get a two-fer, because it also uses the play "well, look, they did something bad, too" defense.

And both ARE ploys, and dishonest at their core. 

Politicians love to do these exact behaviors when they are caught red-handed, too.

HoggyCat

« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2012, 05:52:31 pm »

Record or not, he was kicked off auburn for testing positive and had drugs on him back in march. Dd jones was his first offense and was suspended.

HoopS

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2012, 05:59:18 pm »

Still think you're trying too hard.  Gus gave it enough time to get all of the facts and then punished the kid.  He would have been a fool to have kicked him off the team before he knew exactly what he did....not allegedly....but what he actually did.  It is real simple to rush to judgment when you don't 100% have all of the facts.  Ultimately, he did the right thing.  In NCAAF, there's a lot of coaches that don't. 

HoggyCat

« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2012, 06:32:53 pm »

Still think you're trying too hard.  Gus gave it enough time to get all of the facts and then punished the kid.  He would have been a fool to have kicked him off the team before he knew exactly what he did....not allegedly....but what he actually did.  It is real simple to rush to judgment when you don't 100% have all of the facts.  Ultimately, he did the right thing.  In NCAAF, there's a lot of coaches that don't.

You're right, FOUR MONTHS is plenty of time............

Sivad

« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2012, 06:50:06 pm »

Actually the howlers at Ark State should be overcome with joy, Game On Gus will be there in Jonestown with them for a long, long time after this fiasco.

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2012, 07:14:09 pm »

Ultimately, he did the right thing.  In NCAAF, there's a lot of coaches that don't. 

"He's not as bad as a lot of them"??

That's a very, very weak defense.

And, for like the 20th time, he HAD the facts when that trooper/ex-ASU fb player came to him.  But he ignored the facts because they didn't support his agenda.

Also, you left out all the lying -- is all that OK with you, too?

HoopS

« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2012, 07:19:34 pm »

You can have this message board victory.  Well done. 

Seriously.  I don't care enough about this to post in this thread again.  Gus isn't perfect and he's not the devil.  That's about where I stand.  Do with that whatever you want. 

You win.   

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2012, 07:23:43 pm »

You can have this message board victory.  Well done. 

Seriously.  I don't care enough about this to post in this thread again.  Gus isn't perfect and he's not the devil.  That's about where I stand.  Do with that whatever you want. 

You win.   

Sorry for the annoyance, but I refuse to let go of the truth involved in this, and that's because of the Gus worshipers who will not see this thing with the balance you do.

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2012, 09:54:41 pm »

It should not be a surprise. I mean Gus let Cam be his wife's boyfriend. How much more can he compromise himself.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas