• 382,744 Topics
• 21,397 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: So Gus knew all along  (Read 14218 times)

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
So Gus knew all along
« on: August 02, 2012, 06:57:07 am »

Seems ol' Gus was told of the Dyer incident way back in March by State Trooper Robert Speer (a former ASU football player). But chose to believe Dyer's story instead.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:59:56 am by (notOM)Rebel123 »

Grudge Hog

Re: So Gus knew all aling
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 07:00:14 am »

Seems ol' Gus was told of the Dyer incident way back in March by State Trooper Robert Speer (a former ASU football player). But chose to believe Dyer's story instead.

Sounds like an AD I know.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
Re: So Gus knew all along
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 07:01:15 am »

Dean Lee?

HoggyCat

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 08:00:48 am »

He said in his Presser he found out like Thursday or Friday of last week.

EDIT:  KAIT conveniently left out the part where he said a former player turned state trooper told him about the gun and weed in order to preserve the institution's integrity.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:39:03 am by HoggyCat »

claycohog

• Hogvillian
  • They use to call me Rick...
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 08:06:28 am »

I'm sure if he would have kicked him off at the time it would have hurt the chances of selling season tickets.  My guess is that others were involved to keep this quiet as well.

It will be interesting to see what kind of crowds ASU will draw this year.

NaturalStateReb

• Czar of Arkansas
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 08:08:20 am »

It's clearly an unflattering story.  Gus decided to take the word of Dyer over that of a state trooper.  Pretty dodgy logic overall.

HoggyCat

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 08:09:21 am »

I'm sure if he would have kicked him off at the time it would have hurt the chances of selling season tickets.  My guess is that others were involved to keep this quiet as well.

They drew 9,000 (friends that were there said it looked more like 5,000) for their conference clinching game. It'll be just like all other years. Excitement early, then comes deer season.

HoggyCat

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 08:09:50 am »

It's clearly an unflattering story.  Gus decided to take the word of Dyer over that of a state trooper.  Pretty dodgy logic overall.

I wish our AD had done that.

malibu327

• Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 08:17:04 am »

RedSoxFan

• Senior
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 08:21:25 am »

how would it hurt chances of selling season tickets? he couldn't play this year anyway.

i am in no way advocating ASU at all, but what you said has absolutely zero baring on season tickets.

What's Shakin' Macon

• My English Mastiff and #1 Hog fan, Maizy
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 08:23:17 am »

He said in his Presser he found out like Thursday or Friday of last week.
Whew good thing Gus never lies.

As stated above, poor logic by Gus which I'm sure was clouded by the fact that he'll now have to rely on coaching at asu

hawgXi

• Senior
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 08:29:16 am »

the way I read it, it sounded like gus found out about the ASP video a few days ago.

imo, he tried to slide by on it for 5 months and hope it would go away.

it also read like he dropped trooper denny in the hot grease.

I expect ASP sanctions against the trooper will come out soon, including dismissal as a possiblity.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:30:54 am by hawgXi »

Seminole Indian

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 08:44:09 am »

Whew good thing Gus never lies.

As stated above, poor logic by Gus which I'm sure was clouded by the fact that he'll now have to rely on coaching at asu
I after think going 10-3, ASU fans are like Razorback fans all they want from ole Gus is to win. ASU has more than enough talent on their roster to win another SBC championship, even if they are young.

I do think most ASU fans now understand what most Razorback fans have always known,  if you want to win you will probably have some players that might be prone to getting into trouble from time to time, but you deal with it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:47:21 am by Seminole Indian »

hogman64

• GO HOGS
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 08:51:50 am »

Gus knew it , he swept it under the rug,until it became public.  What new Facts?  he knew the facts all along, he was told by the ASP in March ... He just  chose to go with Dyer's story  above the ASP because he thought it would go away and never be made public..Once it became public he jumped out there like  a "man of integrity"   Shame on Gus..........Malzahn clearly loses alot of credibility here in what is supposed to be his area of strength, honesty and integrity. Boo for Gus........He moves down a few notches in my book........Bottom line is that it is disappointing to see this regarding  Malzahn.....

Justifiable Hogicide

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 08:52:46 am »

he tried to slide by on it for 5 months and hope it would go away.

He thought it had and that nobody was ever going to find out about his star's newest gun and drugs episode. So he had his big Michael Dyer press conference telling everybody how rosy Dyer's rehab was going and that he was staying at ASU...and then...uh oh.

hogman64

• GO HOGS
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 09:00:17 am »

The interesting thing about this whole news release  is that they tie up  old news  in a pretty bow and call it "NEW FACTS"????   I guess thats creative if it works, to me its pretty lame.

Redhogs

• Time to cruise.
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 09:03:50 am »

Hope this guy (Gus) never gets near the UofA......an absolute con man...makes the used car salesman look clean...

tennhawg

• Senior
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 09:09:16 am »

If the gus lovers around here would only open their eyes or get their heads out of the sand. I hope nothing but good things for ASU, and getting rid of dyer is a good start. Gus is and always has been a crook . Just because he coached high school ball at a school with Christian in the name and was tied at the hip with a sheister of a pastor, some use to think he was a man of high moral standards.  The truth will set you free, move on.

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bringing Refinement To Hogville Since '09
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 09:09:17 am »

I after think going 10-3, ASU fans are like Razorback fans all they want from ole Gus is to win. ASU has more than enough talent on their roster to win another SBC championship, even if they are young.

I do think most ASU fans now understand what most Razorback fans have always known,  if you want to win you will probably have some players that might be prone to getting into trouble from time to time, but you deal with it.

Way to completely avoid the NEWS here -- that Gus lied in his pc and covered the whole deal up, which was against his previously stated policy re: Dyer.

The only reason Gus was FORCED to boot Dyer is because he lost containment of the video and the story.

Shame on Gus, and shame on you for aiding him in his lies and coverup.

Seminole Indian

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 09:19:05 am »

Way to completely avoid the NEWS here -- that Gus lied in his pc and covered the whole deal up, which was against his previously stated policy re: Dyer.

The only reason Gus was FORCED to boot Dyer is because he lost containment of the video and the story.

Shame on Gus, and shame on you for aiding him in his lies and coverup.
I'm much more confident now that Malzahn told the truth, and there was no coverup.

Can I be 100% sure, of course not.

Hawgon

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 09:19:24 am »

So, while the Arkansas press was implying that BP practically paid a state trooper to cover up his accident and then made a huge deal of how he had "lied" to the fans and everyone else in his press conference, Gus Malzahn had already relied on a state trooper to cover up an incident involving Michael Dyer and he later lied by omission in a press conference about Dyer. 

Does that about sum it up?  Where is the outrage about Arkansas' favorite son?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:29:41 am by Hawgon »

hogman64

• GO HOGS
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 09:21:38 am »

I'm much more confident now that Malzahn told the truth, and there was no coverup.

Are you 12?  you really sound like a nut.

Seminole Indian

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 09:23:47 am »

So, while the Arkansas press was implying that BP practically paid a state trooper to cover up his accident and then made a huge deal of how he had "lied" to the fans and everyone else in his press conference, Gus Malzahn had already relied on a state trooper to cover up an incident involving Michael Dyer and he later lied by omission in a press conference about Dyer? 

Does that about sum it up?  Where is the outrage about Arkansas' favorite son?
I will say this I am shocked at how much power Malzahn has. Talk about having friends in the right places now he does.

I still think he told the truth.

I also think he plans on winning and doing what ever it takes to win, within NCAA rules. Do understand that that does not always go over well with fans of other schools.

Actually, I have found that most posters on a message board dedicated to a team, thinks every other teams coach is a liar and a cheat, and every other teams players are thugs.

Not that they would not like to hire that coach or have those playes, because in many case they would.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:38:40 am by Seminole Indian »

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 09:41:57 am »

Yeah?  Really?

Well, I'm 100% sure you're either a bald faced liar or a mentally disturbed individual who has lost all touch with reality.

Either way, good job of sticking to your plan -- deny, ignore, distract, and lie.

What's Shakin' Macon

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 09:42:03 am »

I will say this I am shocked at how much power Malzahn has. Talk about having friends in the right places now he does.

I also think he plans on winning and doing what ever it takes to win, within NCAA rules. Do understand that that does not always go over well with fans of other schools.
Your love for Gus has gotten you to the point of defending him beyond logic. Props for the loyalty but I think some day you'll realize that you aren't being very objective.

Mike_e

• May the woo be with you
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 09:42:11 am »

Dyer gave Gus a boost with recruiting so Gus rode him till he couldn't any more.

I don't like Gus' offense, I don't like his wife, I haven't seen enough of Gus to make a decision on him personally, But, this is a non-starter for me.  The drowning man grasps at anything to keep himself afloat and being the HC @ ASU is defiantly a sink or swim situation.

This one gets a push imb.

HoggyCat

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 09:43:12 am »

Gus took the word over someone he knew had been dismissed from another school, at which he was a coach during the same time, for weed over the word of a state trooper that is a former player and concerned about the program.

And these poor asu fans are saying Gus did the right thing by accepting Dyer's story, yet Petrino has to be thoroughly investigated.

Seminole Indian

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 09:45:08 am »

Yeah?  Really?

Well, I'm 100% sure you're either a bald faced liar or a mentally disturbed individual who has lost all touch with reality.

Either way, good job of sticking to your plan -- deny, ignore, distract, and lie.
Actually from reading some of your other post I think you feel that way about anyone who does not see things the way you do.

dc10x1103

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 09:45:21 am »

Gus knew it , he swept it under the rug,until it became public.  What new Facts?  he knew the facts all along, he was told by the ASP in March ... He just  chose to go with Dyer's story  above the ASP because he thought it would go away and never be made public..Once it became public he jumped out there like  a "man of integrity"   Shame on Gus..........Malzahn clearly loses alot of credibility here in what is supposed to be his area of strength, honesty and integrity. Boo for Gus........He moves down a few notches in my book........Bottom line is that it is disappointing to see this regarding  Malzahn.....
why don't you try and distort the facts a little more than you did.  what gus actually said was....he was told that dyer had been given a speeding ticket and that there was marijuana  and a gun in the car.  when he asked dyer about it he was told that the gun was registered and in the trunk. dyer adamantly denied any drugs.  since there was nothing issued except the speeding ticket it was gus's understanding no laws were broken.        any coach would have done the same thing gus did.  your dislike of gus clouds any meaningful post youhave on this subject.  i wish the vocal minority would stop these senseless attacks on a good man.

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 09:46:08 am »

So you think presenting Michael Dyer a week or so ago in that press conference as a rehabilitated team leader who had given up his old ways was a TRUTHFUL ACT??

And if that is true, then what has happened since that pc to cause your boy Gus to boot the rehabbed, new leaf Michael Dyer?

The answer: nothing happened, except Gus lost containment on his lie, and he now had to boot Dyer to save face.

He lied, and you're lying to cover his un-saintly rear end.

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 09:47:37 am »

Actually from reading some of your other post I think you feel that way about anyone who does not see things the way you do.

In this very thread you've displayed each of your tactics to cover for Gus.

Carl Lazlo

• Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 09:50:23 am »

His wife and his offense are both trash

Seminole Indian

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 10:02:10 am »

Your love for Gus has gotten you to the point of defending him beyond logic. Props for the loyalty but I think some day you'll realize that you aren't being very objective.
All I know about Gus and this situtation is what has been reported. I have no way of knowing if he is telling the truth.

I do know, base on what has been reported, that the officer that stopped Dyer did not call Malzahn and all Dyer got was a speeding ticket.

Bottom line is Malzahn has every right to run the program the way he wants to and he did not have to kick Dyer off the team, or make any public comments if he did not want to.

He was not in anyway involved in the ASP investigation, and only knew that a former player said drug and a gun may have been involved.

I do resent those that say I am blindly supporting Malzahn, I'm not.

HoggyCat

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 10:04:56 am »

Yeah?  Really?

+as many as I can remember to.

Your last line is just him following Gus's plan.

What's Shakin' Macon

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 10:05:36 am »

Dyer gave Gus a boost with recruiting so Gus rode him till he couldn't any more.

I don't like Gus' offense, I don't like his wife, I haven't seen enough of Gus to make a decision on him personally, But, this is a non-starter for me.  The drowning man grasps at anything to keep himself afloat and being the HC @ ASU is defiantly a sink or swim situation.

This one gets a push imb.
Middle of the road on a Gus issue? That has to be a first on here (or anywhere).

I agree with your "any port in a storm" type theory but still annoyed that others could possibly say he was completely in the dark.

Seminole Indian

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 10:06:09 am »

In this very thread you've displayed each of your tactics to cover for Gus.
and you use the same tactics to try and discredit anyone who disagrees with you. At least I have a reason for believing what I do, and will post them.

I think you are more of a blind follower than I am.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:07:54 am by Seminole Indian »

online-with-swine

• Blah, Blah, Blah
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 10:07:48 am »

Can we now officially, and unofficially, drop Gus from the list of potential coaches for the U of A?

What's Shakin' Macon

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 10:10:11 am »

Can we now officially, and unofficially, drop Gus from the list of potential coaches for the U of A?
I dropped him from that list years ago. Recently I offered 100-1 odds in a post that he would not be our hc in the next few years. I even offered to set up an escrow acct to keep the money safe. Of course the Gus fanboys couldn't back it up and simply kept stating he was a candidate for the job (as they say about every single frickin coaching job)

Killean

• Chaos From Order
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 10:10:40 am »

Well, at least ASU fans can take great comfort in the fact that their program under Gus is always going to be far closer to a death penalty from the NCAA than to a game with the Razorbacks.

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 10:13:08 am »

and you use the same tactics to try and discredit anyone who disagrees with you. At least I have a reason for believing what I do, and will post them.

I think you are more of a blind follower than I am.

First, let me state I don't believe for a second that you truly believe Gus didn't lie.

But you're like a guy holding a dead fish that says he can't smell anything.

This is no different from the lies that Auburn continues to hold to that Cam wasn't bought.  Just keep repeating the lie, and maybe even the liar starts believing it at some point.

I've been around enough to be able to smell a stinking lie, and Gus lied, in an effort to gain points with his remarkable rehab of Michael Dyer, and in an attempt to justify bringing him to Jonesboro to play football, even though he knew the full and complete truth of who Michael Dyer was.

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 10:15:25 am »

I dropped him from that list years ago. Recently I offered 100-1 odds in a post that he would not be our hc in the next few years. I even offered to set up an escrow acct to keep the money safe. Of course the Gus fanboys couldn't back it up and simply kept stating he was a candidate for the job (as they say about every single frickin coaching job)

If Gus was a genuine candidate before this, he still is.

Those who worship at his feet won't be changed by any of this, as witnessed by Seminole's fine commitment to Gus worshiping.

idochog

• ITS SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL TIME
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 10:17:05 am »

Gus knew who Dyer was before and CHOSE to bring him to ASU.

IMO he KNEW the truth and CHOSE to ignore it (how convenient)

I hope he is not EVER the coach for the hogs

idochog

• ITS SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL TIME
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 10:18:47 am »

Let me add to my opinion of Gus.

He probably is a good guy and has morals UP TO THE POINT that it interferes w/ his end goal of winning.

Seminole Indian

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 10:23:44 am »

First, let me state I don't believe for a second that you truly believe Gus didn't lie.

But you're like a guy holding a dead fish that says he can't smell anything.

This is no different from the lies that Auburn continues to hold to that Cam wasn't bought.  Just keep repeating the lie, and maybe even the liar starts believing it at some point.

I've been around enough to be able to smell a stinking lie, and Gus lied, in an effort to gain points with his remarkable rehab of Michael Dyer, and in an attempt to justify bringing him to Jonesboro to play football, even though he knew the full and complete truth of who Michael Dyer was.
You have the advantage of me, I don't have your gifts.

I do have the time,resources and contacts to start digging and I am now intrested in knowing the real scoop about both programs.

May take some time and money but I'll see if I can did up any skeletons. Heck, this will be fun.

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 10:25:09 am »

You have the advantage of me, I don't have your gifts.

I do have the time,resources and contacts to start digging and I am now intrested in knowing the real scoop about both programs.

May take some time and money but I'll see if I can did up any skeletons. Heck, this will be fun.

Right.  I'll be holding my breath.

bigdaddyhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 10:26:16 am »

Let me add to my opinion of Gus.

He probably is a good guy and has morals UP TO THE POINT that it interferes w/ his end goal of winning.

Situational ethics/morality = no ethics/morality

Seminole Indian

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 10:26:38 am »

Right.  I'll be holding my breath.
You will not be the only one, and  I can assure you they will wish I stayed out of their business if they have anything to hide.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:28:47 am by Seminole Indian »

HamShank

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 10:31:35 am »

Thousands of empty seats at their conference championship. They're still a long, long way from relevance in this state, much less on a national stage.

dc10x1103

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 10:39:49 am »

His wife and his offense are both trash
1st of all...i don't know his wife, but i doubt very seriously if you have the knowledge to make that statement.  2nd...i know you do not have the knowledge to make that statement about his offense.    from the time he became a college coach....in 2006, inspite of hdn the offense was #29 w/10 wins.   2007...tulsa   gus's offense was #1 in the country    2008...tulsa   #1  again    2009 auburn  #16    2010  auburn  #7  w/ a national championship   2011   auburn  #100 w/out a qb        5of 6 years  in the top 30 in the country. 3 of 6 in the top 10      and 2 of 6 as #1.   now repeat what you said about his offense.

RT1941

• Senior
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 10:47:26 am »

Guys, Gus Malzhn is a coverup artist.  He covered Dyer's tail for months on end while they were at Auburn.  Chizik was kept in the dark for quite some time.  Gus knew all about Dyer's tendancies of carrying guns and smoking weed from his Auburn days.  It was when Dyer began to have severe attitude problems with the AU coaching staff that his true colors came out. Dyer was described as a "cancer" in the locker room at AU.  He refused to play by the rules and was released from the program. 

And, I truely believe that Gus was urged to move along to another job once Chiz found out the details of Gus' deception and coverup of MD.  Gus' coverup's + a putrid offense that ranked 96th in the country last year made it easy for Chizik boot push GM to move along.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas