• 385,586 Topics
• 21,602 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you grill/Smoke this week???  (Read 61891 times)

Boarcephus

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
Re: What did you grill/Smoke this week???
« Reply #750 on: September 08, 2017, 07:36:06 am »

As I am soon to find out as  I eat my way from Boston up the coast of Maine.  I am going to eat all the lobster. 

Are you making that trip? If so, I'd like to talk to you when you  get back and get some idea of how it went and you went.  We're interested in doing the same thing because eating a lobster pound is one thing I'd like to do. 

kibster

• Hogvillian
« Reply #751 on: September 08, 2017, 09:16:49 pm »

Are you making that trip? If so, I'd like to talk to you when you  get back and get some idea of how it went and you went.  We're interested in doing the same thing because eating a lobster pound is one thing I'd like to do. 

Yep!  We leave for Boston in a week.  Will be there for two nights, Portland Maine for three nights, and Camden Maine for three nights.  And as always, I plan my vacations around food (and music) so I will have plenty of insight.  A travel and food publication up there has asked me to do a guest article for them when I get back.  I will be hitting high-end restaurants to hole in the wall lobster shacks, and everything in between.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Boarcephus

« Reply #752 on: September 09, 2017, 12:18:10 pm »

Yep!  We leave for Boston in a week.  Will be there for two nights, Portland Maine for three nights, and Camden Maine for three nights.  And as always, I plan my vacations around food (and music) so I will have plenty of insight.  A travel and food publication up there has asked me to do a guest article for them when I get back.  I will be hitting high-end restaurants to hole in the wall lobster shacks, and everything in between.

Nice gig!!  Post some stuff when you get back.  Never been to that part of the country but would like to make that swing up the east coast. I'd like to make a clam bake, hit a lobster pound and go to one of the restaurants where they dump a ton of crab on the table and pass out hammers. 

ImHogginIt

« Reply #753 on: September 09, 2017, 01:03:43 pm »

Nice gig!!  Post some stuff when you get back.  Never been to that part of the country but would like to make that swing up the east coast. I'd like to make a clam bake, hit a lobster pound and go to one of the restaurants where they dump a ton of crab on the table and pass out hammers.

We flew into Boston 4 yrs ago and drove up to Maine. We stayed at this oceanfront home in York. These pics are of our view. I watched the Hogs get killed by South Carolina on the laptop. The one pic shows the view from the house of Cape Neddick Nubble Lighthouse in York . We took a small boat tour of Portsmouth Harbor. Spent some time in Ogunquit. Drove up to Kennebunkport to see the Bush compound then to Portland and took the car ferry over to Peak Island and drove around the island. We had an awesome time.

kibster

• Hogvillian
« Reply #754 on: September 09, 2017, 02:36:58 pm »

I have similar photos watching the Hogs-TCU game last year on the Oregon coast. I kept telling my wife (who was starving) we would go get food after the game. Game lasted forever!

ImHogginIt

« Reply #755 on: September 09, 2017, 02:50:58 pm »

I have similar photos watching the Hogs-TCU game last year on the Oregon coast. I kept telling my wife (who was starving) we would go get food after the game. Game lasted forever!

We have a beach house rented  near Lincoln City, Oregon in October where I will watch the Hogs/Ole Miss

kibster

• Hogvillian
« Reply #756 on: September 09, 2017, 03:33:04 pm »

We have a beach house rented  near Lincoln City, Oregon in October where I will watch the Hogs/Ole Miss

We always stay north of there in Arch Cape (just south of Cannon Beach). We love t up there.

thebignasty

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #757 on: September 09, 2017, 08:08:13 pm »

Share that.

Love Boston, eyeing a trip to Maine in the future.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #758 on: September 11, 2017, 12:53:12 pm »

We did Red Beans and Rice Saturday and Whataburger on Sunday.

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #759 on: September 11, 2017, 01:08:00 pm »

I rocked a tri tip this weekend.   Cost me 11 bucks for a 3.5 lb tri tip. Reverse seared to perfection. 

kibster

• Hogvillian
« Reply #760 on: September 16, 2017, 06:51:00 pm »

If anyone cares, you can follow my eating adventures in New England on Instagram @jwkibbey

Boarcephus

« Reply #761 on: September 16, 2017, 07:34:19 pm »

We did Red Beans and Rice Saturday and Whataburger on Sunday.

And there is nothing wrong with red beans and rice.  I may make that the next couple days.  Love that stuff.

Boarcephus

« Reply #762 on: September 24, 2017, 11:10:18 am »

Just got back from stinkys. Good eating!  Oysters rockefeller, crawfish tamales, grilled amberjack and fried shrimp.

Heading down Saturday and we'll be at Stinky's for lunch Monday.  I called and they said they're up and going in the main dining room.  Can't wait!  Probably will hit Harbor Docks for lunch Sunday. 

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #763 on: September 24, 2017, 10:02:28 pm »

Heading down Saturday and we'll be at Stinky's for lunch Monday.  I called and they said they're up and going in the main dining room.  Can't wait!  Probably will hit Harbor Docks for lunch Sunday. 

Awesome!  Yall have a safe trip and a great time!

Boarcephus

« Reply #764 on: October 26, 2017, 04:56:13 pm »

Made this today.  Grilled chicken thighs and scallops in a cast-iron skillet. 

kibster

• Hogvillian
« Reply #765 on: October 27, 2017, 08:16:32 am »

Made this today.  Grilled chicken thighs and scallops in a cast-iron skillet. 

I like that little riser you have for your egg.  Where did you get it?

Boarcephus

« Reply #766 on: October 27, 2017, 04:51:43 pm »

I like that little riser you have for your egg.  Where did you get it?

I bought it at Backyard Specialities out of Springdale when I bought the egg but they have since gone out of business. I'm sure any BGE  dealer has them.  I use mine quite a bit if I'm cooking something fairly small that I want to keep off the direct fire. 

pigture perfect

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #767 on: November 01, 2017, 04:27:35 pm »

Itís chilli today. So hot Iím Peeling skin of the roof of my mouth.

ImHogginIt

« Reply #768 on: November 01, 2017, 05:08:05 pm »

55 degrees as we enjoy our last day of vacation on the Oregon coast. About to prepare some ribeyes for the grill.

Boarcephus

« Reply #769 on: November 01, 2017, 08:31:37 pm »

55 degrees as we enjoy our last day of vacation on the Oregon coast. About to prepare some ribeyes for the grill.

Where are you?  We are planning on heading that way next year and have never been. 

ImHogginIt

« Reply #770 on: November 01, 2017, 09:01:13 pm »

Where are you?  We are planning on heading that way next year and have never been.

4 days at a house we rented overlooking the beach below in Lincoln City. It has been fabulous. I've sat here in the viewing room on my computer drinking beer, coffee or water most of the time. We flew into Portland late last week. Drove up and spent a night in Seattle. Did the needle and waterfront and fought off the homeless begging. Then went and saw Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens and then drove the coast from Astoria to here

Boarcephus

« Reply #771 on: November 01, 2017, 09:17:56 pm »

4 days at a house we rented overlooking the beach below in Lincoln City. It has been fabulous. I've sat here in the viewing room on my computer drinking beer, coffee or water most of the time. We flew into Portland late last week. Drove up and spent a night in Seattle. Did the needle and waterfront and fought off the homeless begging. Then went and saw Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens and then drove the coast from Astoria to here

I love that view.  Did you spend much time on the beach?  We're kind of looking for ideas on what to do on the northwest coast and this looks nice.  I saw a show on the house hunters the other day and they were on the Oregon coast and looked great.  Maybe a stupid question but can you dig for clams there??  I want to do something I can't do here. 

ImHogginIt

« Reply #772 on: November 01, 2017, 09:35:18 pm »

I love that view.  Did you spend much time on the beach?  We're kind of looking for ideas on what to do on the northwest coast and this looks nice.  I saw a show on the house hunters the other day and they were on the Oregon coast and looked great.  Maybe a stupid question but can you dig for clams there??  I want to do something I can't do here.

No idea on the clams. I've gone down and walked on the beach a few times. Mostly I've sat right here on my ass and relaxed. Public beach is below but no more than 10 or 12 people at any time are out there. I've enjoyed the hell out of watching the dogs people bring play and have the time of their lives. Also fun to watch people without front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive get stuck in the sand. At least three or four a day have needed to get a tow. I went into town twice. Wife has been all over including over to Salem and Eugene retracing her family roots. I've been happy as hell maintaining a buzz and being mesmerized by the sight and sound of the ocean.

kibster

• Hogvillian
« Reply #773 on: November 02, 2017, 07:18:54 am »

We love the Oregon Coast.  We usually stay a little further up the coast in Arch Cape (just south of Cannon Beach).  We have a fantastic place we stay at right on the water.  Also, the food in Portland scene is insanely good. (second photo is me watching the hogs game against TCU last year)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKKN6kgjgSE/?taken-by=jwkibbey

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKMqGNGDtl_/?taken-by=jwkibbey

BR

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Chaos, panic, & disorder -- my work here is done.
    • BR's Home Page
« Reply #774 on: November 02, 2017, 08:20:10 am »

A great Salt company I always go to when we are up there..  Their Habenaro Salt & Flake Sea Salt are awesome... Plus they make the best Sea Salt Carmel I have ever had... 

https://jacobsensalt.com/

NETARTS BAY Gift Shop at the Saltworks  ( This is where they make the salt and I go)

9820 Whiskey Creek Road , Tillamook, OR 97141

The store in Portland
PORTLAND Tasting Room

602 SE Salmon Street

Portland, OR 97214

ImHogginIt

« Reply #775 on: November 02, 2017, 09:15:20 pm »

We love the Oregon Coast.  We usually stay a little further up the coast in Arch Cape (just south of Cannon Beach).  We have a fantastic place we stay at right on the water.  Also, the food in Portland scene is insanely good. (second photo is me watching the hogs game against TCU last year)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKKN6kgjgSE/?taken-by=jwkibbey

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKMqGNGDtl_/?taken-by=jwkibbey

Cool pics.

We just got back home to Texas. I enjoyed the Oregon coast but still prefer Northern California from Bodega Bay down to Big Sur. We've been to that area multiple times. I've now been to every coastal area in the US except for Southern California and the Miami area and Northern Cal is where my oceanfront vacations will primarily be from this point on.

kibster

• Hogvillian
« Reply #776 on: November 09, 2017, 06:52:19 am »

If anyone is interested, here is the piece I wrote for a local food blog on my EatMaine trip.

http://themightyrib.com/travel-eating-portland-maine-mid-coast/

I was also spent last weekend eating my way through Kansas City, a town I haven't visited since I was a kid.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas