"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

BR

BR

BR

old hog

Looks great, BR. Question, what kind of blender is on your Tiki Bar? Been looking for a good blender for Margaritas. I like them on the rocks, but the wife likes the slushy ones. Seems the regular blenders just don't make it slushy enough for her. Thanks for the pics.

BR

Quote from: old hog on July 14, 2012, 01:37:03 pm
Looks great, BR. Question, what kind of blender is on your Tiki Bar? Been looking for a good blender for Margaritas. I like them on the rocks, but the wife likes the slushy ones. Seems the regular blenders just don't make it slushy enough for her. Thanks for the pics.
A Margaritaville Drink Maker, it kicks ass. It shaves ice, plus blends drinks...

Slacker

Quote from: Boar on July 14, 2012, 09:02:21 pm
Healthiest looking garden I've seen.

Must have ONE HELL of a water bill if he lives in NWA. Everything is green. I've not mowed my grass in a month.

BR

BR

Some of last nights pickings, plus 14 ears of sweet corn..

capehog

Pretty impressive. Most of ours got beat down by the heat but my pepper patch is still going strong.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2010, 03:19:41 pm
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on April 28, 2010, 05:34:48 pm
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

BR

We picked 2 more gallons of Blackberries last night and filled up the wagon again with Peppers, Tomatoes, Plus Sweet corn... Our garden is nuts this year...

BR

Some Photos of Past Gardens.....

BR

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Snoutmaster

What an awesome setup, when I grow up I want to be you!

DeltaBoy

Envy is a Sin and Lord I am Sinning.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Hog_Swanson

Enough about BR, how 'bout the the rest of une's.  Do you have the potatoes in the ground?  What else are you planting this year?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Boarcephus

Ah man, potatoes are cheap and plus, can you actually tell the difference between home grown and store bought potatoes?  ;)  Tomatoes on the other hand......like the song goes, "only two things that money can't buy and that's true love and home grown tomatoes". 

Think this year all I'll plant is tomatoes and a couple of poblano  pepper plants and if I can come up with a lemon cucumber I'll plant one of those.  About a month away and we'll get them in the ground.  Can't wait. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Snoutmaster

Lemon cucumber?? Never heard of one, other than looks do they taste a lot different than a regular cucumber?

Boarcephus

Quote from: Snoutmaster on March 17, 2016, 10:47:30 am
Lemon cucumber?? Never heard of one, other than looks do they taste a lot different than a regular cucumber?

Little milder taste that a regular cucumber and they're round and about the size of a tennis ball, thin skin with stripes. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 17, 2016, 08:31:33 am
Ah man, potatoes are cheap and plus, can you actually tell the difference between home grown and store bought potatoes?  ;)  Tomatoes on the other hand......like the song goes, "only two things that money can't buy and that's true love and home grown tomatoes". 

Think this year all I'll plant is tomatoes and a couple of poblano  pepper plants and if I can come up with a lemon cucumber I'll plant one of those.  About a month away and we'll get them in the ground.  Can't wait.
Oh trust me, there will be plenty of tomatoes planted too, but I still like the home grown potatoes.

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

BR

Have Taters, Onions, Spinach and Lettuce all planted... Heirloom Tomatoes in Stater Pots..

Hog_Swanson

March 18, 2016, 11:30:56 am #23 Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:42:38 pm by Hog_Swanson
Some of my starters are already growing taters...

If I could figure out how to post pics from my phone, I would post them.

Hog_Swanson

DeltaBoy

Glad I waited we had a cold snap this end of Spring Break weekend.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 21, 2016, 11:10:09 am
Glad I waited we had a cold snap this end of Spring Break weekend.
I waited on planting my beans because of that.

hawgmasta

Always that mid/late March cold push. I live in nashville now instead of Central Arkansas and it doesn't get warm enough till about a month later. Never thought that small difference in latitude would affect it so much.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hawgmasta on March 21, 2016, 06:02:56 pm
Always that mid/late March cold push. I live in nashville now instead of Central Arkansas and it doesn't get warm enough till about a month later. Never thought that small difference in latitude would affect it so much.

Yep your just a little above Fayetteville on the Meridian line.

Hog_Swanson

Got the corn in the ground last night.  Gonna get the okra planted tonight.  I'm still scared to put the tomato's out for some reason.

HawgWild

I planted 36 heirloom tomato plants yesterday. (central Arkansas)

Boarcephus

I'll probably wait till the middle of April before I think of planting anything.  Seems like the soil is so cold the plants just sit there and look bad till it warms up. 

PorkRinds

I don't have the yard to grow a garden at my current house.  I do have some land, but I'm not going to drive there to tend a garden obviously.  Luckily I'm close to a really good farmer's market so I can buy pretty much anything I could grow for relatively cheap.  IN fact, one year I figured it up and I ended up paying more to grow it myself than I did to buy it at the FM when it came to most veggies.  Plus all the time it takes, and with kids, a small business to run, little league to coach, church responsibilities, and keeping my wife happy finding time to practice my gardening is just really small.  I may do some tomatoes in buckets this year, though.  With my shaded yard I have to be able to move them around.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 01, 2016, 01:12:08 pm
I don't have the yard to grow a garden at my current house.  I do have some land, but I'm not going to drive there to tend a garden obviously.  Luckily I'm close to a really good farmer's market so I can buy pretty much anything I could grow for relatively cheap.  IN fact, one year I figured it up and I ended up paying more to grow it myself than I did to buy it at the FM when it came to most veggies.  Plus all the time it takes, and with kids, a small business to run, little league to coach, church responsibilities, and keeping my wife happy finding time to practice my gardening is just really small.  I may do some tomatoes in buckets this year, though.  With my shaded yard I have to be able to move them around.
My yard is very shaded.  I kept an eye on it for several days and picked the only spot with 6 hours of sun.  It's more of a hobby to me.  Bush beans, tomatoes, squash, potatoes, and cucumbers are the only plants I've had luck with.  This year, I am going to save seeds.  Before now, only saved the small red potatoes to replant.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 01, 2016, 01:12:02 pm
I'll probably wait till the middle of April before I think of planting anything.  Seems like the soil is so cold the plants just sit there and look bad till it warms up.
Probably smart.  Nwa will have a freeze tonight and maybe again next week.  I only have seeds out, my plants are waiting till the 15th.

Boarcephus

I'm like most everyone else in that I can't wait to plant the garden.  Generally about now I start checking the 10 day forecast, make my run to the nurseries to buy my plants and plant them whenever I've got 10 days of decent weather and they just sit there looking bad.  I'm not at all sure I wouldn't be just as well off waiting till the first of May to put mine in the ground.

Am trying something a little different this year.  Going to buy some cheap sardines, dump them in a hole and plant half my plants over them and see what happens.  Did the whole egg last year and couldn't tell any difference.

HawgWild

Good luck with that approach. I used to do this with fish that would die in my pond. I had a larger Koi dug up one night by a raccoon I suspect. Ruined my planting.

BR

This year is gonna be the biggest Garden yet.........

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: BR on April 17, 2016, 09:30:38 am
This year is gonna be the biggest Garden yet.........
Post pics or your green thumb will turn brown...

DeltaBoy

I might roll the dice on some maters again this year.

Hog_Swanson

Overall view.  Bush beans in the center, potatoes on the right.  Tomatoes in the back left with the peppers.  Cucumbers, squash, radishes, and okra in the near left corner.

Hog_Swanson

And here is my corn.  I'll do a second planting in a week or two.

Hog_Swanson

This weekend, I'll get some mulch and straw thrown down to control the weeds.

Boarcephus

Quite a garden Hog-Swanson.  Looks great.  Only thing keeping me from planting mine is my wife has to dig her hostas she wintered in mine and she's promised me I can plant Saturday but mine won't be as elaborate as yours.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 19, 2016, 08:13:16 pm
Quite a garden Hog-Swanson.  Looks great.  Only thing keeping me from planting mine is my wife has to dig her hostas she wintered in mine and she's promised me I can plant Saturday but mine won't be as elaborate as yours.
I had to buy a brand new tiller last year and I'm still mad about the price I payed.  There may be 2 or 3 more gardens put in before it is all said and done with.

Hog_Swanson

I forgot to post this pic for all the Home Brew guru's out there.  2nd year for this Cascade Hop.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on April 19, 2016, 09:34:21 pm
I had to buy a brand new tiller last year and I'm still mad about the price I payed.  There may be 2 or 3 more gardens put in before it is all said and done with.

Guess I'm lucky to have the spot I do.  Mine is made out of Cedar and it's only 4x26 but's it's plenty big for what I plant. I just go  with 8 or 9 tomatoes and peppers and thats about it.  My wife has turned our back yard into a japanese garden complete with lanterns, japanese maples, koi pond and anything else that goes in one.  Will say it's a pretty sob and relaxing in the evening to sit out and gaze and listen to the water with a toddie. 

pigture perfect

Anyone growing Brussels Sprouts?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Snoutmaster

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 24, 2016, 05:01:46 pm
Anyone growing Brussels Sprouts?

Did some studying on growing them but haven't tried it out, plan on trying this fall, I believe it is a more cool weather vegetable.

BR

This years 2016 garden is about a 1/3 bigger..

25 Tomatoes
23 Pepper plants
40 Asparagus plants 2 year old.
4 Rows Beans
5 rows Potatoes
1 row sweet potatoes
6 Zucchini plants
4 rows 1st planting Sweet Corn
4 rows 2nd planting Sweet Corn
8 rows ready for more sweet corn
6 Cucumber plants
Red onions