Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clemens Not Guilty on All Counts

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, June 18, 2012, 03:58:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8068819/roger-clemens-found-not-guilty-all-six-counts-perjury-trial

What a colossal, stupendous waste of money and government resources.  Hope some folks learn a lesson from this.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 18, 2012, 03:58:12 pm
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8068819/roger-clemens-found-not-guilty-all-six-counts-perjury-trial

What a colossal, stupendous waste of money and government resources.  Hope some folks learn a lesson from this.

**cough, cough, Lance Armstrong prosecutors, cough, cough**
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

GeneKeadysRug

Theres nothing to learn here. Everyone should already know that justice  favors the powerful and wealthy.

BigSexyHog

Clemens is still a worthless no good SOB.  Never cared for him and never will.  Don't care he lied about taking steroids cause we all know the jerkwad juiced like only Canseco did.  Screw RC and if he makes the HOF I am going to stop watching baseball altogether.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

bsking

Good luck on making the Hall roger.  You're gonna need it.

Oliver

Quote from: bsking on June 19, 2012, 12:15:39 am
Good luck on making the Hall roger.  You're gonna need it.

Exactly.  I thought the lawsuits were frivolous but this lying no good piece of dung won't have an easy time making the Hall of Fame.

Jackrabbit Hog

Here's the problem.  It should not be the GOVERNMENT trying to police all these drug cases.  And I know, before anyone says this wasn't a drug trial but a perjury trial (much like Bonds' trial was for obstruction of justice, not PEDs), it would never had been brought but for the fact that Clemens is a big name pro athlete who was a suspected PED cheater.  But prosecutors keep bringing these cases and then trying them before juries that could care less and have a hard time staying awake.  It's simply a losing proposition for the government.

The individual sport's governing body (NFL, NBA, MLB, etc.) should have the integrity and the stones to be the police force, judge and jury for all of this, but because of the almighty dollar and collective bargaining agreements with players' unions, enforcement by the leagues is weak as well.  So we'll always have cheaters.  Some will get caught because they are careless or stupid, or both, while many many others will keep getting away with it.  It's a microcosm of society as a whole.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

clutch

Quote from: Oliver on June 19, 2012, 08:56:42 am
Exactly.  I thought the lawsuits were frivolous but this lying no good piece of dung won't have an easy time making the Hall of Fame.

I don't know. I'm thinking the opposite. It's going to be hard to keep him out since he beat perjury case, which is basically saying he beat the steroid case. Now I don't believe he was actually clean, I think he used for sure, but now it's awfully hard to keep him out because of steroids. He's done a lot to clear his name, even if it's a lot of bull. If you keep him out now, they are keeping him out under the suspicion of PED's. They don't have any proof. If they start keeping guys out based on suspicion then they really won't be letting anybody else in.

Oliver

Quote from: clutch on June 20, 2012, 02:37:25 am
I don't know. I'm thinking the opposite. It's going to be hard to keep him out since he beat perjury case, which is basically saying he beat the steroid case. Now I don't believe he was actually clean, I think he used for sure, but now it's awfully hard to keep him out because of steroids. He's done a lot to clear his name, even if it's a lot of bull. If you keep him out now, they are keeping him out under the suspicion of PED's. They don't have any proof. If they start keeping guys out based on suspicion then they really won't be letting anybody else in.

If your name has ever been linked to PED's, you might make the Hall of Fame...but you definitely aren't going to be first ballot. And to me that's a good enough insult. 

Had Roger Clemens never cheated, he would be an easy first ballot Hall of Famer.  That's not happening now.

bsking

Quote from: clutch on June 20, 2012, 02:37:25 am

I don't think the trial matters one bit.  This isn't some unbiased group of jury members voting for the HOF.  These are guys that are old school.  They HATE the roid era with a passion.  They HATE that a lot of the older records were broken by cheaters.  It doesn't matter one bit if you have any proof.  If your name is whispered to have been a juicer, your chances are slim to none.  And I'll be shocked if Roger gets in.

NotStupid

Quote from: bsking on June 20, 2012, 09:32:18 am
I don't think the trial matters one bit.  This isn't some unbiased group of jury members voting for the HOF.  These are guys that are old school.  They HATE the roid era with a passion.  They HATE that a lot of the older records were broken by cheaters.  It doesn't matter one bit if you have any proof.  If your name is whispered to have been a juicer, your chances are slim to none.  And I'll be shocked if Roger gets in.

That's right.  These PED guys won't get in until the electorate turns over enough that its not a bunch of crusty old men voting.  And that takes a long time.  That really sucks in my opinion, because a hall of fame without Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds has no credibility whatsoever.

clutch

Quote from: NotStupid on June 20, 2012, 03:19:55 pm
That's right.  These PED guys won't get in until the electorate turns over enough that its not a bunch of crusty old men voting.  And that takes a long time.  That really sucks in my opinion, because a hall of fame without Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds has no credibility whatsoever.

A hall of fame without Pete Rose already lacks credibility.

bsking

Quote from: clutch on June 20, 2012, 04:05:40 pm
A hall of fame without Pete Rose already lacks credibility.

Completely different situation.  Rose is banned from the Hall.  There are a bunch of voters that would put him in and I think he would and will eventually get it.  Roiders aren't banned, they just wont get the votes.

clutch

Quote from: bsking on June 20, 2012, 10:55:14 pm
Completely different situation.  Rose is banned from the Hall.  There are a bunch of voters that would put him in and I think he would and will eventually get it.  Roiders aren't banned, they just wont get the votes.

I'm not saying that the situations are the same. Just saying that he should be in.

bsking

Quote from: clutch on June 21, 2012, 01:28:48 am
I'm not saying that the situations are the same. Just saying that he should be in.

Agree a thousand percent.