Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, &^%$. Anton Beard to Mizzou

Started by RazorAg, June 08, 2012, 10:17:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorAg

Beyond bummed about this. Beyond. Unfreakingbelievable.

Anton Beard's Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/#!/yolo_Ton33

tophawg19

without a stable head coach all we can do is take what we can get and be greatful for those that want to and choose to be hogs
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

RazorAg

June 08, 2012, 10:24:53 pm #2 Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:29:08 pm by RazorAg
Quote from: tophawg19 on June 08, 2012, 10:23:07 pm
without a stable head coach all we can do is take what we can get and be greatful for those that want to and choose to be hogs

I'm guessing you think he's a football recruit.

Anton Beard is a 2014 bball recruit from LR Parkview.  4 star PG.

tophawg19

sorry i got him confused with another player we are looking at
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

SWD26

Pretty Disappointing, especially since it's Missouri.

JIHawg

Why does a kid make this decision 2 years out, unless he is related to the coach or something?

beasley

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
Vince Lombardi

sickboy

Quote from: JIHawg on June 08, 2012, 10:32:26 pm
Why does a kid make this decision 2 years out, unless he is related to the coach or something?

Well, give it some time. We'll see where Mizzou basketball is in two years, compared to where Arkansas basketball is in two years. He's got plenty of time to come around, if we have room for him when that time comes.

batmanfan

Thats got to be a shocker.  We got to flip that kid.  Why would he go to Mizzou?  Is Haith really gonna keep that thing going?
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

cityhog

Hey. What's going on in this thread? 

Justintime75

Quote from: batmanfan on June 08, 2012, 10:39:41 pm
Thats got to be a shocker.  We got to flip that kid.  Why would he go to Mizzou?  Is Haith really gonna keep that thing going?

The name Phil Pressey ring a bell?

Country Stylz

Justintime75

Quote from: Country Stylz on June 08, 2012, 11:22:13 pm
No it does not.

It will next year. But it might have a little something to do with his commitment.

whosiskid

Is there a family connection or something? I can understand someone committing to Kentucky with its tradition or Florida with its weather, but Missouri? Why?

Well, maybe we can flip him, though it does seem like it happens less frequently in BB than in FB.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

870hogfan

Quote from: Justintime75 on June 08, 2012, 11:24:49 pm
It will next year. But it might have a little something to do with his commitment.

Cool.

Justintime75

Quote from: whosiskid on June 08, 2012, 11:31:33 pm
Is there a family connection or something? I can understand someone committing to Kentucky with its tradition or Florida with its weather, but Missouri? Why?

Well, maybe we can flip him, though it does seem like it happens less frequently in BB than in FB.

Like I said:

"The strong point guard play of Phil Pressey last year and the idea that he could keep up the tradition was another factor that played heavily into Beard's decision. It is a trend that should keep Tiger fans very happy as the program moves forward.

"I'm an all-around point guard," Beard said. "Mizzou lets their point guard run the show and sets up plays for them to be successful and that's the style I like to play." "

HawgAdvocate

June 09, 2012, 12:06:13 am #16 Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:19:39 am by HawgAdvocate
I thought it was really odd that we hadn't heard anything about our staff bringing Beard to Fayetteville for an unofficial (as other programs had).

Then again, impact recruiting has never been a real strength of this staff.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Uncommon

We have two years to try and change his mind.  It's not like today was National Signing Day.  It ain't over.

The Boar War

June 09, 2012, 12:51:21 am #18 Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:30:57 am by The Boar War
Beard's not a kid that we can allow to go out of state (especially to a conference rival).  Simple as that.  Whatever (legally) Mike can do needs to be done to get him to Arkansas.

Missouri has signed a few point guards who will already be on campus before him and they also want to add Stevie Clarke from Ok.  Hopefully we can flip him.

How did he end up on a Memphis AAU team?

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: Justintime75 on June 08, 2012, 11:36:27 pm
Like I said:

"The strong point guard play of Phil Pressey last year and the idea that he could keep up the tradition was another factor that played heavily into Beard's decision. It is a trend that should keep Tiger fans very happy as the program moves forward.

"I'm an all-around point guard," Beard said. "Mizzou lets their point guard run the show and sets up plays for them to be successful and that's the style I like to play." "
Right, because "strong point guard play" is only unique to Mizzou. Bottom line, kids in Arkansas don't see the hogs as they used to, but just another mediocre SEC basketball program with a fanbase waiting for September to roll around.

RazorAg

Dave Telep tweeted this earlier:

The Missouri Tigers went into 2014 class and nabbed 2014 point guard Anton Beard.

@CP3 called this morning. said Anton Beard made it to finals against himself at CP3 camp. Mr Clipper was impressed with newest Tiger

Isaiah Canaan impressed @CP3 a lot. Beard made 1-on-1 finals before Chris cleaned his clock for camp championship.

Beard is at Chris Paul's PG Camp.  Assistant Coach Tim Fuller's connection to Chris Paul was a major playing factor.

Yes, we have a long ways to go on this one, and we will survive; I've just seen this kid for 2 years and have enjoyed seeing him develop. With the needs of 2014, he would be a perfect fit to those needs. I think he will end up being the perfect mix of uptempo faciliator and scoring PG.

HawgAdvocate

June 09, 2012, 10:42:29 am #21 Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:44:08 am by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: The Boar War on June 09, 2012, 12:51:21 am
Missouri has signed a few point guards who will already be on campus before him and they also want to add Stevie Clarke from Ok.  Hopefully we can flip him.

The only PG they have coming, prior to Beard, is 2013  3* Travis Jorgenson from Columbia. He certainly shouldn't stand in Beard's way for long. They didn't sign a PG in 2012 (and didn't sign anybody in 2011), and don't appear to be targeting another in 2013.

Clarke, even at 5'10," is looked at as a SG.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

99toLife

I thought we were supposed to be stealing recruits FROM Missouri not the other way around.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: whosiskid on June 08, 2012, 11:31:33 pm

Perhaps credit needs to be given to the guys recruiting him, OR credit needs to be taken away from our guys who didn't get him recruited.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

SWD26

Like I said, it's very disappointing. But if the kid likes Missouri and thinks that's the best then that's alright by me. I am confident that Coach Anderson and staff are going to get the players needed to turn-around Razorback basketball and bring us back to the glory days we once experienced.

If not Beard, there will be another outstanding guard who favors Coach Anderson's style.

Justintime75

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on June 09, 2012, 03:23:21 am
Right, because "strong point guard play" is only unique to Mizzou. Bottom line, kids in Arkansas don't see the hogs as they used to, but just another mediocre SEC basketball program with a fanbase waiting for September to roll around.

I think you missed what I was getting at. Those were quotes from the article on his commitment from the rivals site.

870hogfan

Quote from: Justintime75 on June 09, 2012, 11:17:34 am
I think you missed what I was getting at. Those were quotes from the article on his commitment from the rivals site.

Hopely Portis can flip him. ;D

secfan1

Do we need to start up fire Anderson again? Will go right along with fire Van Horn, Butler, Long, JLS, hell some even wanted BP gone for his recruiting before everything else.

870hogfan

Quote from: secfan1 on June 09, 2012, 11:52:11 am
Do we need to start up fire Anderson again? Will go right along with fire Van Horn, Butler, Long, JLS, hell some even wanted BP gone for his recruiting before everything else.

Who is wanting Anderson fired?

Oklahawg

I see little in this thread to keep it alive. The info is here. No need to have a bunch of crap associated with this kid committing.

Good for Beard. Better if he flips to UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra