Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty Buttrey/Red Sox breakdown

Started by bsking, June 07, 2012, 09:53:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: bsking on June 09, 2012, 02:49:25 pm
I agree.  The only way for the Sox to come up with that much will be for Marrero, Light and Johnson to go well under slot.
If his number is close to 2 or over and he sticks with it then all 3 of their top picks will have to sign for close to 1 million for them to have a chance to offer Buttrey between 2-2.5 million. I just dont see them all signing for around 1 million especially the top 2
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

bsking

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on June 09, 2012, 02:53:57 pm
If his number is close to 2 or over and he sticks with it then all 3 of their top picks will have to sign for close to 1 million for them to have a chance to offer Buttrey between 2-2.5 million. I just dont see them all signing for around 1 million especially the top 2

I'd be really surprised if Marrero went anything less than a couple hundred K under slot.  He's an elite pick and could potentially raise his stock if he want to ASU for another year and actually hit.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: bsking on June 09, 2012, 02:59:04 pm
I'd be really surprised if Marrero went anything less than a couple hundred K under slot.  He's an elite pick and could potentially raise his stock if he want to ASU for another year and actually hit.
Yep. Wasn't he considered a top 10-15 pick?
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

bsking

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on June 09, 2012, 03:00:59 pm
Yep. Wasn't he considered a top 10-15 pick?

Coming into the season he was a top 5 pick.  But he couldn't hit this year and it scared some teams to thinking he was a defensive only SS, which still has value, but much less.  If he went back to ASU and raked as a senior he'd be drafted very high next year.  Especially with how valuable drafting Seniors is currently.

bsking

Only 4 guys left to be signed, and those are the 4 I'd expect to be left.

Lake City Hog

Basking, what is your gut feeling regarding Buttery and the Hogs?

Team Oklahoma

bsking

My source texted me during the game saying: "Sox are extremely confident that Buttrey will sign."

Not a done deal but that makes me not like our chances.

bsking

With 5 signings (plus their 5%) the Sox have amassed an extra 933k of spending money.

I have to assume that the rest of the signees are going to go close to slot or below.  So unless Buttrey's number is north of $1.5 I think the Sox will easily find the money.  Hopefully those Gators and Marrero will be sticklers. 

bsking

Looks like Marrero wants 2mil or he's headed back to ASU.  Good for him, hope he sticks to it.

Triple T

Thanks for the info.

Hopefully Buttrey does have a higher number and realizes he could make a lot of money by coming to college.

dbrddr

Why on earth would top-10-rounders sign for $25,000, $1,000, $10,000 and $5,000? Are these guys who have absolutely no leverage but want more than anything to play pro ball, and the Sox are saying sign for a ridiculously low figure or take a hike?

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Team Oklahoma on June 11, 2012, 06:22:42 pm
Im gonna say he will be a Hog.

Quote from: bsking on June 11, 2012, 09:46:33 pm
My source texted me during the game saying: "Sox are extremely confident that Buttrey will sign."

Not a done deal but that makes me not like our chances.

Now you guys have switched roles.  Who's the good cop again?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

bsking

Quote from: dbrddr on June 12, 2012, 05:18:10 pm
Why on earth would top-10-rounders sign for $25,000, $1,000, $10,000 and $5,000? Are these guys who have absolutely no leverage but want more than anything to play pro ball, and the Sox are saying sign for a ridiculously low figure or take a hike?

Yep.  You're a college Senior and you have 2 options.  Sign for whatever the Sox are willing to give you or go play indy ball/retire.

hillbilly

Someone just asked Keith Law on twitter if he thinks Buttrey will sign with the Red Sox and his answer was, "I have no doubt."

bsking

Quote from: hillbilly on June 12, 2012, 07:08:21 pm
Someone just asked Keith Law on twitter if he thinks Buttrey will sign with the Red Sox and his answer was, "I have no doubt."

Yeah, not looking too good.

OnTheHillHogFan

That was me

Waldron_Hog

texas tush hog

Quote from: bsking on June 12, 2012, 07:09:35 pm
Yeah, not looking too good.

I am afraid I have to agree on this one knowing kids like I do. As the old saying goes, "money talks, and BS walks."

OnTheHillHogFan

"@NWAMatt: Arkansas signee Ty Buttrey has signed with the Boston Red Sox. He was likely the Razorbacks' top prospect."

OnTheHillHogFan

"@NWAMatt: Blog:  Buttrey signs with Red Sox http://t.co/VxUW7yeH"

hog.goblin

nosferatu

"When you're on the mound and you feel like you can murder someone's soul out there, failure isn't an option." - Brian Wilson

dbrddr

Buttrey signs for $1.3 million. http://ht.ly/bC9WE

At least there won't be any 11th-hour anguish with him.

SPAL

Since this is now an MLB thread....I will move it accordingly. Best of luck to the kid.