Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Up Close Pics of New Uniforms

Started by Tony Perkis, June 04, 2012, 01:29:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Perkis

Here's the alternate and away. SIAP

Pork Twain

I like these...  Those other fake pictures that were posted here a dozen times were crap
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Oliver

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Oliver on June 04, 2012, 01:31:03 pm
Nice
I love the away one. I'll try to get a pic of the home ones as well.

boonecohog

Tony Perkis

B501

finally a decent pic. cant wait to see the black/grey in action  :)

King TUSKankahamun

I like 'em. Although I was pulling for black I like the grey as an alternate, it has the same flashy appeal but is a little bit different. King Approves
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

OneLardAlmighty

I don't like the black.  Not because they're black.  But because they're ugly. 

The white is cool though.

chitwnhog

June 04, 2012, 01:41:20 pm #9 Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:44:25 pm by chitwnhog
Quote from: Tony Perkis on June 04, 2012, 01:29:18 pm

Oh geeze...here we go!!!

The "oh geeze" was for the Cardinal and White crazies coming outta the wood work. I like these jerseys because they remind me of the 2006 Jerseys...my personal favs.

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: chitwnhog on June 04, 2012, 01:41:20 pm
Oh geeze...here we go!!!
This uni discussion should actually be known as "the son of GSD". LOL

chitwnhog

Quote from: Aston Martin 8 dude on June 04, 2012, 01:45:07 pm
This uni discussion should actually be known as "the son of GSD". LOL

Hehehe...it would be the redheaded step-child or the bastard son....

JJHog

white are cool, grey not so much

Man, they made the SEC logo and nike logo huge!
Love the hog at the neck and the great letters.

Pants looked plain with no stripe in the other pics...
" Think Right, Do Right"

UncleFrank

We're obviously gonna wear the alternate jerseys at least once this year.
Wonder if it might be more than once?

My guess would be that we will wear them against one of the early 'cupcake' schools we're playing OOC.
And who knows?  Maybe one more time later in the year against another OOC school, or maybe we'll pull them out again against somebody like Vandy. Should be interesting, however it works out.

I definitely DON'T think we'd do anything cheesy and stupid like try to bring them out against Bama or LSU.
If we did--and lost--they'd never hear the end of it.
(Everybody would just KNOW we lost because of the different jerseys ;-)

Tony Perkis

I'm guessing the grey will be worn with the matte red helmet. Looks like it's going for that look.

mizzouman

Nice, very nice.  Any changes to the helmets?

Tony Perkis

Quote from: mizzouman on June 04, 2012, 01:54:40 pm
Nice, very nice.  Any changes to the helmets?
I've seen a white and matte red.

bpoecell

Wow that white looks nice. I hope we get a close up of the red soon.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Away jersey is nice. Not so sure about the solid black, though.

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

grey arkansas letters on the White...probably wont be too visible but i like that one.

What is on the logo on the black/grey below the neck? you can clearly see a razorback on the white but the other one looks like a bird. Is it a pro-combat logo?
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

NU Razorback

Both are sweet.  I just wish the reds were more consistent.  Maybe its the lighting, but the red on the grey looks red and the red on the white looks very deep maroon or burgundy.
"I still love the Arkansas fight song...Go Razorbacks!"
- Pete Carroll 4/18/12

mizzouman

Quote from: Tony Perkis on June 04, 2012, 01:55:13 pm
I've seen a white and matte red.
Red matte would be very nice, but I've never been a fan of white helmets. 

IrishShenanigans69

Quote from: Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424) on June 04, 2012, 02:01:19 pm
grey arkansas letters on the White...probably wont be too visible but i like that one.

What is on the logo on the black/grey below the neck? you can clearly see a razorback on the white but the other one looks like a bird. Is it a pro-combat logo?

Its just the razorback head outline in white.  Not the full logo, but just the face.

870hogfan

Quote from: Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424) on June 04, 2012, 02:01:19 pm

It's the face of the Razorback.

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

Quote from: IrishShenanigans69 on June 04, 2012, 02:03:42 pm
Its just the razorback head outline in white.  Not the full logo, but just the face.

yes i see it now...thanks
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: IrishShenanigans69 on June 04, 2012, 02:03:42 pm

More specifically, it's a profile view of the hog's head with the front of the snout to the viewer's right.

HogPhilosophy

The alternate looks sweet!!! I agree though about the inconsistent red. A darker red would have been nice so it wouldn't be close to the colors of that other school in Arkansas.

HogPhilosophy

Is that grey on the sleeve of the away jersey?

bpoecell

Quote from: NU Razorback on June 04, 2012, 02:02:55 pm
Both are sweet.  I just wish the reds were more consistent.  Maybe its the lighting, but the red on the grey looks red and the red on the white looks very deep maroon or burgundy.

It looks like it's just the auto white balance of the camera and the lighting causing that. The red will also look different against the black that it will against the light. It's just an optical illusion.

nwarazfan

Quote from: UncleFrank on June 04, 2012, 01:48:20 pm

My guess would be that we will wear them against one of the early 'cupcake' schools we're playing OOC.
And who knows?  Maybe one more time later in the year against another OOC school, or maybe we'll pull them out again against somebody like Vandy. Should be interesting, however it works out.

I definitely DON'T think we'd do anything cheesy and stupid like try to bring them out against Bama or LSU.

Ole Miss or UK games seem like good candidates.  I would think if the program is going to sellout they'll at least want some exposure doing it.  Those games will be at least regionally televised.  Don't want to do like UGa did a few years ago when they broke out new uni's at home vs Bama and got killed.  Hopefully we'll play miserably and squeak out a win and these abominations will get trashed.

NU Razorback

Quote from: bpoecell on June 04, 2012, 02:10:07 pm
It looks like it's just the auto white balance of the camera and the lighting causing that. The red will also look different against the black that it will against the light. It's just an optical illusion.

Yeah...plus that gradient effect on the red will make it seem darker too I think.  Hopefully that's the case.
"I still love the Arkansas fight song...Go Razorbacks!"
- Pete Carroll 4/18/12

870hogfan

Quote from: nwarazfan on June 04, 2012, 02:11:18 pm
Ole Miss or UK games seem like good candidates.  I would think if the program is going to sellout they'll at least want some exposure doing it.  Those games will be at least regionally televised.  Don't want to do like UGa did a few years ago when they broke out new uni's at home vs Bama and got killed.  Hopefully we'll play miserably and squeak out a win and these abominations will get trashed.

Might do it against Rutgers.

nwarazfan

The multicolored numbers look like they were airbrushed by the same people who airbrush the personalized license plates for the trailer trash to put on the front of their mid 80s model Mustang.

Pork Twain

Quote from: nwarazfan on June 04, 2012, 02:18:02 pm
The multicolored numbers look like they were airbrushed by the same people who airbrush the personalized license plates for the trailer trash to put on the front of their mid 80s model Mustang.
What do your plates have to do with this?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

bpoecell

Quote from: NU Razorback on June 04, 2012, 02:12:04 pm
Yeah...plus that gradient effect on the red will make it seem darker too I think.  Hopefully that's the case.

I think so. The red on the black uniforms is probably closer to how they actually look. It looks like the camera figured out it's contrast levels on that one.

The Boar War

Okay.  These are nice looking uniforms.

Jborohog09

Nice.  I just wish the black/dark grey had "Arkansas" written in white and the away jersey had "Arkansas" in red. 

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: UncleFrank on June 04, 2012, 01:48:20 pm

Those grays- if they're not just a marketing tool- would be great in a night game against Rutgers.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: nwarazfan on June 04, 2012, 02:11:18 pm

In fairness to UGA, they broke out the black unis the year before and destroyed Auburn.  They were looking for the same mojo. 

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 04, 2012, 02:28:49 pm
Nice.  I just wish the black/dark grey had "Arkansas" written in white and the away jersey had "Arkansas" in red.
I am ok with the lettering on the dark grey jersey but I agree that on the white jersey the lettering should have been red.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

riccoar

Quote from: Tony Perkis on June 04, 2012, 01:29:18 pm

Robert Shields thanks you for giving him something to slaughter this week.

McKdaddy

June 04, 2012, 02:43:27 pm #42 Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:45:27 pm by McKdaddy
I really like the away jersey, especially the hog on the collar.  I'd have put "Arkansas" in red.

As for the gray/blue steel (or whatever it is)...it is different, for sure.  It might look great on the field, but I can't help but keep picturing it as Ole Miss-ish.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Mott The Hoople

Looks like Arkansas State.
Crappy.

jcmojica23

Tony Perkis

Sed76

Wonder if the Razorback is still on the sleeves?

ADinWaiting

Look for bigger hog logo on the helmet. White helmet will feature white face mask, white hog that is outlined to red. Red jersey will say Razorbacks.
"I was not happy with the direction of the program and a change in leadership was needed."

ADinWaiting

"I was not happy with the direction of the program and a change in leadership was needed."

razorbackfan4life