Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Omaha '12 Thread: CWS game 4 Arkansas vs SC round 3

Started by maxre567, June 01, 2012, 09:41:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

El Puerco

That strike zone absolutely kills a team like ours. Tell me when a strike zone has EVER looked like that.
Never.

songofthesword

Quote from: Hawgphish on June 22, 2012, 11:20:50 pm
Good season.  The ump did suck.  But we cannot hit and that's why we lost. 

We look like runts.  We need to recruit and get into a strength and cond. program.  Pitching staff is great.  Everything else average.

we seem to play pretty good defense.

good could we have used niemo this year

The Pig

June 22, 2012, 11:22:44 pm #8752 Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:24:26 pm by The Pig
 It was  "tight" zone for Ark, but SC gets the benefit of the doubt.  Sent Baxendale out early and clearly was the difference in the game. I wished we could overcome that, but we weren't good enought this time around.  Its a matter of time before we win the CWS.

prisonhog

Horrible home plate ump. But with a poor hitting team it is a miracle we made it this far. Put some in schollies for hitters.
"It's not the size of the Hog in the fight, but the size
of the fight in the Hog."

IronHog

We look like runts.  We need to recruit and get into a strength and cond. program.  Pitching staff is great.  Everything else average.

Sounds like the goobs on here acting like Arkansas has 150lbs offensive lineman after a LSU game......

Baseball is a fundamental and mental game........... that ump won the game for SC.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

OzarkRazor

Quote from: code red on June 22, 2012, 11:17:39 pm
We gave up close to 10 walks......we lost dude.
we should have been more aggressive for sure, but at least half of those walks were BS.
Proud of the Hogs tho, we need some bats to come in baaaadd

hogfan870

maxre567

well, tough way to go out but hey, we exceeded expectations in a somewhat mediocre SEC record, and were in the final 3 left standing

hats off to the guys for a season well done

well, i probably wont be watchin the SC vs AZ game, but hey, great run

now that the season and all is over, supposing the place will be quieting down and all but lot to look forward to this fall, can you say.... MIAMI? lol

El Puerco

But we cannot hit and that's why we lost. 

Remind me how they got the go-ahead run.

code red

Quote from: GB-Razorback on June 22, 2012, 11:21:07 pm
Perhaps you do not understand that about 1/2 of those walks should have been (and would have been if the Cock's pitch was throwing the ball) an out.
Can managers argue balls and strikes????  No.  Your opinion is noted....and means nothing.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

David†

IronHog

Quote from: code red on June 22, 2012, 11:22:21 pm
We kinda helped em out...I mean really....ever pitch we threw was not a strike...they did a great job of spoiling strikes and got a few calls.  Our pitchers missed on pressure pitches...it was a great game.

That guy that finished for SC threw very few balls over the plate and was getting called strikes well outside.......

jfred59

Quote from: BassinHawg on June 22, 2012, 11:20:35 pm
Typical Arkansas big game performance no matter what sport.

I hate to say it but thats true but then it usually comes down to us getting screwed by an official and sure enough it happened again tonight

italian9005

we either need more hitters or get rid of hitting coach. thats worst hitting team ive ever seen here at arkansas.

Razorbacks#1

We made it to the CWS! Thanks to the Diamond Razorbacks for providing me some wonderful summer season fun. Look forwardd to nexxt year. GO HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

code red

Totally agree with this analysis...it is all sour grapes tonite on hogville....remember we had 2 games to win 1......that is what is so disappointing.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

TuckFexas

Had the Rothcocks beaten us by driving in runs, I'd show a little respect. 2 of their 3 runs were via BB's and they were pitches we got rung up on. I can't deal with that.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Razorbacks#1

As a fellow defender of the nation, thanks Pocono for the PBP!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

pigsnoter49

Ding Dong The Dork Is Gone Oh Happy Day!

code red

Quote from: beebefootballfan on June 22, 2012, 11:17:40 pm
P'd off that we lost, but to tell you the truth i never thought we would get this far to begin with.  Lets get this hitting thing figured out and come back next year and win it all. 
true dat

GB-Razorback

Quote from: TuckFexas on June 22, 2012, 11:29:41 pm
Had the Rothcocks beaten us by driving in runs, I'd show a little respect. 2 of their 3 runs were via BB's and they were pitches we got rung up on. I can't deal with that.

Nail meet hammer.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

StuartDavin

Would have liked for a game this huge to be called by a better umpire. Every umpire has a different zone, which is fine, but you HAVE to be consistent. I haven't read much of the thread so it might have been said already, but this umpire was pretty much kicked out of the minor leagues for his inconsistent zone.

But most importantly, very proud of this team. Gave us Hog fans a VERY exciting season. Great group of guys.

jfred59

Thats my gripe. 

IronHog

Quote from: StuartDavin on June 22, 2012, 11:31:46 pm
Would have liked for a game this huge to be called by a better umpire. Every umpire has a different zone, which is fine, but you HAVE to be consistent. I haven't read much of the thread so it might have been said already, but this umpire was pretty much kicked out of the minor leagues for his inconsistent zone.

But most importantly, very proud of this team. Gave us Hog fans a VERY exciting season. Great group of guys.

He zone was consistent..... it was just not the same zone for the two different teams.

ArKan5a5 KiD

We hit fairly well tonight but how can you truly know when to swing if you don't know what are strikes and what's not? Inconsistent zone all night screwed us all the way around! I don't care what anyone says that was a joke! We can't get a 3rd strike K but SC got how many that were clearly outside of the zone? It wasn't the pitchers confusing out hitters it was the freaking umpire!

code red

Quote from: IronHog on June 22, 2012, 11:25:54 pm

That guy that finished for SC threw very few balls over the plate and was getting called strikes well outside.......

OK so....any of you guys ever called balls and strikes???  Yeah he missed a few but....you really think he had an agenda vs. the HOGS??

PoconoHog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on June 22, 2012, 11:29:58 pm
As a fellow defender of the nation, thanks Pocono for the PBP!
Thanks....you take care...
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: code red on June 22, 2012, 11:33:16 pm
OK so....any of you guys ever called balls and strikes???  Yeah he missed a few but....you really think he had an agenda vs. the HOGS??

Yes.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

ArKan5a5 KiD

I couldn't agree more! My point exactly! Also it pisses me off that Van Horn never challenged one call! Fight for your team! The home umpire even hit tossed from the minors for guess what? Inconsistent strike zone! These kids deserve better!

TuckFexas

Did it for 3 years. Not an easy job...but once you set your zone you stick with it and call it the same for both sides. Costello clearly did not in several key at bats.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Flatline

Flatline

He so badly wants to say something about the calls.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: Flatline on June 22, 2012, 11:36:49 pm
He so badly wants to say something about the calls.

I hope he does.

And I hope that we can get a campaign here to pay off any fine that the NCAA may levy him. 
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

IronHog

I've seen cheating umps and it looked just like that.

Like I said I could care less....... that was brutal.

Knot2brite

Was there any post game interviews tonight? I am sure DVH wouldn't say a word about the strike zone...but he might hint
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on June 22, 2012, 11:37:19 pm
I hope he does.

And I hope that we can get a campaign here to pay off any fine that the NCAA may levy him. 

I'm in.  I'll will donate next weeks beer money.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Flatline

Quote from: IronHog on June 22, 2012, 11:37:55 pm

The same ump cost us the CWS in the Super's on two horrible calls that were obvious to everyone.  The guy may hate DVH or maybe he is just an idiot and does not need to be on the field. 

jfred59

Yes I have and he missed more than a few, he only got a few right...Yeah he has an agenda like he did a couple of years ago

Flatline

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 22, 2012, 11:38:06 pm
Was there any post game interviews tonight? I am sure DVH wouldn't say a word about the strike zone...but he might hint

Reporter from the College Baseball News asked him about the umpire tonight and he said "I would like to but I can't, I can't". 

code red

Quote from: IronHog on June 22, 2012, 11:37:55 pm

Dude was just bad......you just go up there a hack...make good cuts......Wise had a great at bat and didn't reach base.  I saw very few quality...swings on plane from our guys tonite.  You can credit a lot of that to SC. You guys are missing my point.  Lack of offense has been our demise all year.  Its easy to tag it on the umps.

ROBLYNNM

Yes, I do think he had and has an agenda whenever it comes to the Razorbacks.  He proved that out in Arizona whenever he called not one, but TWO batter's interference calls against Eibner....and the strike zone against us was NOT the same as it was against South Carolina.  Last night we blew it.  Tonight Costello blew it for us. 

Flatline

It is obvious that the national media knew the umpire was horrible and they have talked about it in the politically correct way.  The talked about how Bax was not getting the outside calls and in the post game it was brought up by media.

I just hope that the NCAA addresses it and does not allow this guy to call any kind of important game again or release him all together. 

Flatline

Quote from: code red on June 22, 2012, 11:42:55 pm
Dude was just bad......you just go up there a hack...make good cuts......Wise had a great at bat and didn't reach base.  I saw very few quality...swings on plane from our guys tonite.  You can credit a lot of that to SC. You guys are missing my point.  Lack of offense has been our demise all year.  Its easy to tag it on the umps.

I agree but when they score two runs because of walks that kind of takes it out of the players hands.  It also can really effect a team mentally as it did tonight.  We were riding high until the ump decided to go blind.

IronHog

Quote from: code red on June 22, 2012, 11:42:55 pm

That last SC pitcher was throwing NOTHING over the plate......

You can't hit that.

Hogz87

Don't know if it's a good thing, but #Arkansas is trending nationally on Twitter.  First time I've seen that.

IronHog

Quote from: Flatline on June 22, 2012, 11:40:01 pm
The same ump cost us the CWS in the Super's on two horrible calls that were obvious to everyone.  The guy may hate DVH or maybe he is just an idiot and does not need to be on the field. 

I have no idea........ I don't watch college baseball except this week.

That was horrible.  I feel bad for the Hog players and hope people see that ESPN is rigging things.

code red

Quote from: Flatline on June 22, 2012, 11:47:44 pm
I agree but when they score two runs because of walks that kind of takes it out of the players hands.  It also can really effect a team mentally as it did tonight.  We were riding high until the ump decided to go blind.
How did those runners get there???  I am as disapponted as anyone here....I think we are barking up the wrong tree.  I am happy to have seen UofA win a Nat Champ in basketball, I long for them to win another one in any sport.  But, we do not have a complete team.  It would be one thing if we had a lot of kids that could run and steal bases...but, our pitching is everything.  I mean good grief......some of our hitters went O for the CWS.

tpatte02

That umpire should be removed from the field permanently. Sportscenter showed four called third strikes against us and ever single one was outside the strike zone.   I hope ArizOna destroys the cOcks

Hogz87

Quote from: Hogz87 on June 22, 2012, 08:19:45 pm
And I think the umps inconsistency just caused us to take a called strike three.  Of course you have to swing at that pitch even if you think it's a ball.

Quote from: Hogz87 on June 22, 2012, 08:26:14 pm
See, this ump has been wildly inconsistent so far.  I wasn't blaming him on Anderson's strikeout.  The home plate, ump, though has been VERY inconsistent and it's going to cause some called third strikes both ways if he doesn't establish a strike zone.

You could almost see and feel it coming and this was back in the 2nd or 3rd inning.  Even starting in the first Costello's strikezone was all over the place but, at that time, both teams were getting some awful calls.  It got worse for us and better for SCar as the game progressed, though, and that's unfortunate.