Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jim rome hack off

Started by superior_wang, May 10, 2012, 01:54:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

superior_wang

listen all the time, man it SUCKED  today.

Bebop

When does he not suck? He is the poster boy of trying to be too cool.

El Puerco Grande

I have tried, really tried, to listen to Romey. I find him to be an obnoxious idiot, that has an extremely overblown opinion of his own abilities.  I still find the Jim Everett video with Rome to be one of the greatest moments in sports history.
How 'bout them hogs?

superior_wang

he does like himself for sure. Good entertainment i  think. hack off was a huge let down today. Gave it to Jolene, and she is like  the HDN of rome callers.

superior_wang

i  do think most hog fans have issues dealing with his pro west coast opinions. I dont, but  whutevvva.

hogdogcrazy

I thought that tool was still running scared from Jim Everret.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

superior_wang

Quote from: hogdogcrazy on May 10, 2012, 02:16:51 pm
I thought that tool was still running scared from Jim Everret.
that happened like 15 years ago . and was staged.

kingofdequeen

longtime clone. 

Hackoff should be jettison'd.   Caught lightning in a bottle year one.

leave it at that.

Smack-Off is always spectacular.

superior_wang

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 10, 2012, 02:21:12 pm
longtime clone. 

Hackoff should be jettison'd.   Caught lightning in a bottle year one.

leave it at that.

Smack-Off is always spectacular.
yes. Pretty sure today was the last of the hack off.  Smack off is circled on my calendar as soon as it is announced.

B501

rome has always come off as a douchebag

acxken

I just wish he didn't make up his own words. It takes a while to learn to speak Rome.
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

hawganatic

Okay, I know what the smackoff is, but what is the hackoff?  Haven't listened to him in several years...

superior_wang

Quote from: hawganatic on May 10, 2012, 02:44:05 pm
Okay, I know what the smackoff is, but what is the hackoff?  Haven't listened to him in several years...
the exceptionally bad callers have their own  one day event to call in, sorta the opposite of the smack off to crown the worst of the worst.  was  funny last year, this year was a dog

Duvall Falls Hog

Quote from: No Porking Here To Corner on May 10, 2012, 02:13:49 pm
I have tried, really tried, to listen to Romey. I find him to be an obnoxious idiot, that has an extremely overblown opinion of his own abilities.  I still find the Jim Everett video with Rome to be one of the greatest moments in sports history.

Better than the 94 title ???
Nothing beats a good smoked brisket during the winter.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: acxken on May 10, 2012, 02:38:32 pm
I just wish he didn't make up his own words. It takes a while to learn to speak Rome.

that's the tough part.  it takes about 6 months of listening to find out what everything means.

SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTENING BOLT

TomDavidEsq.

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 10, 2012, 02:53:33 pm
that's the tough part.  it takes about 6 months of listening to find out what everything means.

I love when he went off on the clones a few years ago when they kept referencing bums in their emails.  If I'm feelin' blue, I listen to it. Classic.

kingofdequeen

WAR "bums using open fire hydrants as a bidet".

TomDavidEsq.

WAR 'bums stealing bread from ducks'

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 10, 2012, 02:53:33 pm

Why would anyone waste that much of their lives trying to learn what that clown is saying?

There has NEVER been a bigger clown/jerk/egomaniac/primadonna than Jim Rome.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

kingofdequeen

WAR "bums using milkjugs for pillows"

superior_wang

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 10, 2012, 03:37:33 pm
Why would anyone waste that much of their lives trying to learn what that clown is saying?

There has NEVER been a bigger clown/jerk/egomaniac/primadonna than Jim Rome.
ya either gets it or ya dont.

superior_wang

Murr

Can't have a "Jim Rome is a Hack" thread without this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

superior_wang

Quote from: Murr on May 10, 2012, 04:38:13 pm
Can't have a "Jim Rome is a Hack" thread without this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8
Havent seen acting that bad since  John Wayne in "The Green Berets"

Hog_Swanson

I have tried, really tried, to listen to Romey. I find him to be an obnoxious idiot, that has an extremely overblown opinion of his own abilities. 

^^^^^^This sums it up in a nut shell.^^^^^^^^^^
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

swinemaster

You guys that don't like Rome just don't get it.  The show is for entertainment.  And considering it's one of the biggest syndicated shows of all time and has spawned now at least two different TV shows, his opinion of himself isn't overblown at all.  If you don't like it, then you are the minority.

It doesn't surprise me one bit though now that I think about it.  It's like some of you guys live in a bubble.   

superior_wang

Quote from: swinemaster on May 10, 2012, 05:00:31 pm
You guys that don't like Rome just don't get it.  The show is for entertainment.  And considering it's one of the biggest syndicated shows of all time and has spawned now at least two different TV shows, his opinion of himself isn't overblown at all.  If you don't like it, then you are the minority.

It doesn't surprise me one bit though now that I think about it.  It's like some of you guys live in a bubble.
a Don Ho  style Tiny Bubble at that.

bplease

whats bad is if he was a poster he'd fit in perfectly here.
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

bigdaddyhawg

You guys that don't like Rome just don't get it.  The show is for entertainment.  And considering it's one of the biggest syndicated shows of all time and has spawned now at least two different TV shows, his opinion of himself isn't overblown at all. 

Just because there are legions out there who listen to that clown doesn't magically make him the genius he thinks he is.

Howard Stern has been widely successful for years, so how does that account for "living in a bubble"?

If you don't like it, then you are the minority.

The minority?  Unless his show pulls better than 50% of the country, I am not in the minority.  And I'm pretty sure his share is WAY south of 50, and that is a rating of listeners, not the general public.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

kingofdequeen

WAR 'bums using shoestrings as dental floss'

superior_wang

TomDavidEsq.

WAR 'Bums using candy corn as teeth'

WAR  'Bums using other bums on roller skates as segways'

superior_wang

BartIV

Jim Rome got owned or was it just for show?

TomDavidEsq.

WAR 'Bums using passing freeway traffic as air conditioning'

HogWall Jackson

Rome's program was terminated in Houston.

aloha_kid

Chris ........ LOL

WichitaStateRazorback

sooieet

How anyone can take a guy  who reads his "takes" with fake emotion seriously I will never know. 

superior_wang

TomasPistola

Frickin JayStu - Fullerton Grad. The Best contestant Blind Date has ever had!
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hogzfu

You realize... like 90% of the known world... that it was staged right?

listen to post Everett interviews.

superior_wang

Quote from: TomasPistola on May 10, 2012, 08:44:15 pm
Frickin JayStu - Fullerton Grad. The Best contestant Blind Date has ever had!

hey Mr. Jay Stu , ya got moles on your dome , dude !

KlubhouseKonnected

People have the nerve to bag on Rome in the market that has kept that white trash Tommy Smith on the air and rolling in booze for around two millennia.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

TomasPistola

Quote from: superior_wang on May 10, 2012, 08:52:03 pm
hey Mr. Jay Stu , ya got moles on your dome , dude !

My favorite is still Irafrate doing "Whitey's dad" so awesome.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 10, 2012, 05:26:27 pm
Just because there are legions out there who listen to that clown doesn't magically make him the genius he thinks he is.

Howard Stern has been widely successful for years, so how does that account for "living in a bubble"?

The minority?  Unless his show pulls better than 50% of the country, I am not in the minority.  And I'm pretty sure his share is WAY south of 50, and that is a rating of listeners, not the general public.

FAT!!!!
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Johnny America

WAR Scott Stapp singing more baseball stadium theme songs

God is not real.

superior_wang

Quote from: TomasPistola on May 10, 2012, 08:57:59 pm
My favorite is still Irafrate doing "Whitey's dad" so awesome.
yep. Its stuff like that   which makes the SMACKOFF mandatory listening.  The hope that the next "whitey's dad" is just around the corner.

hogzfu

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on May 10, 2012, 08:57:47 pm
People have the nerve to bag on Rome in the market that has kept that white trash Tommy Smith on the air and rolling in booze for around two millennia.

To be honest... arkansas radio and tv makes me embarrassed.

I have not lived in the state for 10 years or so, and I try at times to pipe in live radio from the internet....

I mean what the Frank... do you guys not demand people that are not heavy breathers and mouth chewers... its ridiculous. Tommy smith and randy rainwater are the two most un-listenable people I have ever heard.

It makes me embarrassed.  It really does... try getting on the web and piping in sports 610 Houston ... lol... what a difference.