Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pujols

Started by clutch, April 22, 2012, 05:29:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny cash

Glad to see him get the monkey off his back, but would not be boo'd in St Louis.

WMHawgfan

4-41 in his last 10 games. Hitting .190 with 1hr and 9 rbi. He has slumps in STL but not to this extent. I really hope its just a psychologic thing or him just pressing because of the contract. As much as I hate him leaving, I don't want to see him fail like this.

pigture perfect

It's a little too early to call of course, but this reminds me of Dale Murphy. After lighting up the league for about 10 years he could not hit to save his life. He floundered from what he once was and he only was honored at his retirement by the Braves.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

NotStupid

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 09, 2012, 02:27:17 pm
It's a little too early to call of course, but this reminds me of Dale Murphy. After lighting up the league for about 10 years he could not hit to save his life. He floundered from what he once was and he only was honored at his retirement by the Braves.

Wow, I didn't realize that, but you're right.  He fell off a cliff after the '87 season.  He was never quite on Pujols' level, but he was close.

Root66

It's time to take out the trash.

ImHogginIt

He's had two really good months at the plate now. I'm still pissed he left St Louis but I can't dislike a guy who helped us win two World Series in the past 6 years.

Root66

Quote from: bgstoby on July 08, 2012, 01:12:40 am
He's had two really good months at the plate now. I'm still pissed he left St Louis but I can't dislike a guy who helped us win two World Series in the past 6 years.

I'll stick with somebody who wanted to be here, and didn't lie about it.

bsking

Quote from: Root66 on July 08, 2012, 12:21:32 pm
I'll stick with somebody who wanted to be here, and didn't lie about it.

Not this crap again.

STL lowballed him.  He wanted to be there.  Only STL fans disagree with this FACT.

Root66

Quote from: bsking on July 08, 2012, 12:31:09 pm
Not this crap again.

STL lowballed him.  He wanted to be there.  Only STL fans disagree with this FACT.

St. Louis lowballed him for a reason...his best days were behind him. And he lied a ton. Screw Albert Pujols.
By the way, you jumped right into the crap.

bsking

Quote from: Root66 on July 08, 2012, 12:34:20 pm
St. Louis lowballed him for a reason...his best days were behind him. And he lied a ton. Screw Albert Pujols.
By the way, you jumped right into the crap.

Just trying to point out that the only people who feel Pujols was in the wrong are the bias STL fans.  The baseball world agrees that Pujols should have stayed in STL and would have if he wouldn't have been lowballed.

Root66

July 08, 2012, 05:40:27 pm #60 Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:43:10 pm by Root66
Quote from: bsking on July 08, 2012, 01:26:46 pm
Just trying to point out that the only people who feel Pujols was in the wrong are the bias STL fans.  The baseball world agrees that Pujols should have stayed in STL and would have if he wouldn't have been lowballed.

That big ass ego of Pujols is exactly why he thought he was "lowballed".  $220,000,000 in St. Louis, MO was not all that much less than $250,000,000 in southern California. But in the egomaniac's eyeballs he got slighted. BS. He is just another athlete out there on the west coast. He was GOD here. GOD that lied time after time to his fans about being willing to take less money from the Cardinals. If he hadn't lied time after time, including "not wanting to talk contract during the season" which the Cardinals honored...but Albert Puljos DID NOT, most people in St. Louis (including me) would not have those hard feelings about the lying sack of crap. Screw him.

By the way....$220 million over 7 years as opposed to $250 million over 10 years.

bsking

Quote from: Root66 on July 08, 2012, 05:40:27 pm

By the way....$220 million over 7 years as opposed to $250 million over 10 years.

Uh, no.

Not arguing this anymore.  Check the other threads if you want more of my opinion.  But that offer is no where close to what the Cards had on the table.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: bgstoby on July 08, 2012, 01:12:40 am

WOW ! Only one smite when I made this post and now 11. I think some of you secretly still worship Pujols   :-*

bsking

Quote from: bgstoby on July 08, 2012, 11:05:47 pm
WOW ! Only one smite when I made this post and now 11. I think some of you secretly still worship Pujols   :-*

It's called denial.  Just like the dude that gets left by the hot chick.  They rationalize, well it's okay I'll save so much money from taking her out now... :-\

Root66

July 09, 2012, 10:20:42 am #64 Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:22:54 am by Root66
Quote from: bsking on July 08, 2012, 08:58:21 pm
Uh, no.

Not arguing this anymore.  Check the other threads if you want more of my opinion.  But that offer is no where close to what the Cards had on the table.

You're right. $220 mil over 10 years. Vastly underpaid. And insult to Pujols integrity big ass ego.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinals-boost-offer-to-pujols/article_968bf333-74e8-5b87-b245-ae4ae5b33301.html

bsking

Quote from: Root66 on July 09, 2012, 10:20:42 am
You're right. $220 mil over 10 years. Vastly underpaid. And insult to Pujols integrity big ass ego.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinals-boost-offer-to-pujols/article_968bf333-74e8-5b87-b245-ae4ae5b33301.html

"that is believed to blah blah blah".  It's wrong.  I know that for a fact.  But again, if you want to carry on your butt hurt whine fest about him leaving, read the other thread.

Root66

Quote from: bsking on July 09, 2012, 10:51:12 am
"that is believed to blah blah blah".  It's wrong.  I know that for a fact.  But again, if you want to carry on your butt hurt whine fest about him leaving, read the other thread.

OK, I wasn't aware I was talking to Dan Lazano...give us the details Dan.

Root66

HR    BI    AVG

Albert Pujols      14   51   .268

Might hit 30 homers, Beltran already has 20

Might drive in 100 runs, Beltran already has 65

May make it to .295 probably not...Beltran currently hitting .296

I'll take Beltran for TWO YEARS @ $26 million Alex...   

bsking

Yeah.  Hindsight is crystal clear.  But I guess you knew Beltran would do that all along.  You should really be a GM.  Or work for Miss Cleo.

Root66

Quote from: bsking on July 09, 2012, 11:04:58 pm
Yeah.  Hindsight is crystal clear.  But I guess you knew Beltran would do that all along.  You should really be a GM.  Or work for Miss Cleo.

Those are the season's first half stats. It didn't take a damn crystal ball to find them. Pujols is an ego driven punk. It's all about Albert. Get over it.

bsking

Quote from: Root66 on July 10, 2012, 11:25:13 am
Pujols is an ego driven punk. It's all about Albert. Get over it.

Says someone who knows nothing except what he reads in the paper.  Cardinals fans are the ONLY people in the world who think this.  You're still just mad he broke up with you.

Root66

Quote from: bsking on July 10, 2012, 12:05:21 pm
Says someone who knows nothing except what he reads in the paper.  Cardinals fans are the ONLY people in the world who think this.  You're still just mad he broke up with you.

Says someone (me) who watched that ego-maniac up close and personal for 11 years. About four years ago I made up my mind that Albert considered himself larger than the team. That's when the piss-ant punk began running through Oquendo's stop signs at third and second base at every opportunity. Then he began hitting into double plays at a record pace. He ended more innings last year than he extended. He's a me, me, me player who absolutely made my day when the egomaniac signed on with the Angels. Good fricking riddance.

14 HRs 51 RBIs and a .268 BA in OVER half a season. Wonder whose stop signs he's running through now?

Root66

The Dark Knight of Extra Innings...age 24  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA  HA HA....

You're killing me.

pigture perfect

Quote from: bsking on July 10, 2012, 12:05:21 pm
dude, I don't have any idea why you keep insisting you know anything about this. I have given you irrefutable information that trumps any false info you have. It has even been confirmed by mods on this board that my source is more valid than your hearsay. You really do need to stick to things you know. Don't bring this back up again. It's useless unless you can get Deidre Pujols on here to verify.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Root66

Here is how much I DON'T KNOW about Pujols...

I actually had this framed and hung on the living room wall. Took it down two or three years ago to paint...NEVER re-hung it. He's a piece of ME, ME, ME.

Root66

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 10, 2012, 01:27:38 pm
dude, I don't have any idea why you keep insisting you know anything about this. I have given you irrefutable information that trumps any false info you have. It has even been confirmed by mods on this board that my source is more valid than your hearsay. You really do need to stick to things you know. Don't bring this back up again. It's useless unless you can get Deidre Pujols on here to verify.

By the way, I think Deidre was Hollywood or bust. Deidre coundn't stay in the background enough for me.

pigture perfect

That is an awesome picture Root. That is definitely one to show your grandkids one day.

Root66

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 10, 2012, 02:10:14 pm
That is an awesome picture Root. That is definitely one to show your grandkids one day.

Thanks pp. I thought it was rather cool at the time. Kinda lost interest in it after watching that turd turn into a egomaniac. One thing he did that I appreciate. He had the St. Louis media and fan base CEASE calling him El Hombre. He said there is ONLY ONE "the Man" in baseball and it wasn't himself. But since he ended his tenure in St. Louis, I notice more and more of the California media referring to him as that. HE ISN'T.

bsking

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 10, 2012, 01:27:38 pm

Irrefutable evidence?  Like I told you a long time ago.  If it's not Albert or Dan, it's not better than my info.

I don't care if your son's best friend's dog plays at the park with Diedre's.  My source was INVOLVED.

Again.  I understand Cards fans, it sucks.  But there's no reason trashing a guy for something he doesn't deserve.

But this only comes from an UNBIASED source.  Keep raging.

bsking

Quote from: Root66 on July 10, 2012, 02:29:13 pm
Thanks pp. I thought it was rather cool at the time. Kinda lost interest in it after watching that turd turn into a egomaniac. One thing he did that I appreciate. He had the St. Louis media and fan base CEASE calling him El Hombre. He said there is ONLY ONE "the Man" in baseball and it wasn't himself. But since he ended his tenure in St. Louis, I notice more and more of the California media referring to him as that. HE ISN'T.

Yeah.  Stan couldn't carry Pujols' jock.

Root66

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 10, 2012, 02:10:14 pm

By the way...does this punk ever shut the hell up? He's been PMing me in between dumb-ass post on here.

bsking

Quote from: Root66 on July 10, 2012, 03:07:47 pm
By the way...does this punk ever shut the hell up? He's been PMing me in between dumb-ass post on here.

I PMed you to try to keep this garbage off of an otherwise good forum.  I see I failed.

Just keep insulting me.  That's the sign of a good argument.

Root66

Quote from: bsking on July 10, 2012, 03:09:04 pm
I PMed you to try to keep this garbage off of an otherwise good forum.  I see I failed.

Just keep insulting me.  That's the sign of a good argument.

You PMed me to try to save face with people who have obviously already been through this ridiculous crap with you. You wouldn't recognize a good argument if a master debater wrote it for you.

Root66

By the way, it didn't become garbage until you joined in.

bsking

Yep.  You're right.  I'm a Braves fan and it's my vendetta to kill the Cardinals.  Whatever man.  Grow up.

pigture perfect

Go do some due diligence and get someone to confirm what you know. I've done that. You haven't. Until you do, anything you say is crap. I have named my source and anyone with any sense knows that is better than hearsay. Go back to hosting the crazy bat race or the mascot race for the Naturals, cause you're in over your head on this.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Root66 on July 10, 2012, 03:39:35 pm
By the way, it didn't become garbage until you joined in.
this^

bsking

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 10, 2012, 04:22:52 pm
Go do some due diligence and get someone to confirm what you know. I've done that. You haven't. Until you do, anything you say is crap. I have named my source and anyone with any sense knows that is better than hearsay. Go back to hosting the crazy bat race or the mascot race for the Naturals, cause you're in over your head on this.

Thanks for the insults.  Have a nice day.

Root66

Quote from: bsking on July 10, 2012, 04:07:57 pm
Yep.  You're right.  I'm a Braves fan and it's my vendetta to kill the Cardinals.  Whatever man.  Grow up.

How about that Rafael Furcal? Had to leave Atlanta to gain any recognition.

hoghappy

Quote from: bsking on July 10, 2012, 04:25:53 pm
Thanks for the insults.  Have a nice day.
I didn't see any insults, just someone who got whipped in an arguement and can't admit it.

pigture perfect

Quote from: hoghappy on July 10, 2012, 08:18:07 pm
I didn't see any insults, just someone who got whipped in an arguement and can't admit it.
lol, Thanks HH.

bsking

July 10, 2012, 11:38:15 pm #91 Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:41:47 pm by bsking
Yep.  I got whipped.  PP claims sources that he makes up as "irrefutable" and I get whipped.

Said it before and I'll say it again.  I'll put money down if you want and we can settle this for real.  I have the resources to dig up this info.  PM me if you want to put your money where your mouth is and we'll see who got "whipped".

So PM if you want this to finally get settled.  If not, whatever, I'm done arguing about it.  I'm not going to argue what I know is a fact to a brick wall anymore.

pigture perfect

July 10, 2012, 11:51:55 pm #92 Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:54:29 pm by pigture perfect
Yawn, get it verified. I've heard about your sources, it's not Dan and it's not Albert it's a friend of a friend who heard on the grapevine, then you change your story to say he was actually in on the negotiations. Now both stories can not be correct, and  by continuing this argument you have just proved that you are a man who has issues in Admitting failure and telling the truth. There are even links in this thread verifying what I've said. Get it verified, you can say anything you want, but with out a witness... Hog Happy is right.