Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My thoughts on the whole situation

Started by Blinkhog, April 15, 2012, 11:41:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkhog

I look at it this way, if someone does not know who Arkansas is they do now. I say any media is good media. We reacted to the situation the only way we could. Anyone that thinks retaining coach was possible is not capable of seeing the forward ramification of his actions. He put the university's integrity in jeopardy and that is all it comes down to.It sucks and let me say that again sucks losing bobby, I love what he did for us, but to the rest of the country his actions were all in character. We all knew when he was hired he was going to be here awhile because he had to rebuild his image, and he failed to do that. So for everyone that is still calling for coach back, get over it retaining him would have really hurt our image. By doing the right thing we are getting a huge amount of credit from the rest of the country. I think the whole situation could bring us to that next level of recruiting in time, depending how we come out firing this year. I think a assistant head coach is going to be the route we take. It will keep this bada$$ staff in place while we wait on that home run hire, we have so much to sell, we will make a good hire. Personally I hope we can snag Gruden. I know many of you are saying its a pipe dream thats never going to happen but to me it looks like the cosmos are aligning. Arkansas is a job that would have me salivating if i was thinking about getting back into coaching and had no staff to bring with me.To anyone that says we are going to suck this year we are still Arkansas, we have the same system in place, and oh yea we have coaches brother doing his primary job of play calling. There is a solid chance we could come out of this in a better position than we did going in, look how USC bounced back from their mishaps.