Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My thoughts on the CBMFP and the Arkansas Media

Started by devildoghawg, April 12, 2012, 10:26:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

devildoghawg

Take this as you will, but realize it is my opinion.  Flame, praise, do whatever you like, but just try and take a step back and act like you have been there before.  Surely at some point in our lives we all have been caught by the shirt tail in something that we didn't expect to catch up with us.

My thoughts on the Coach Petrino Situation, and what is unraveling now in the media.

1. Regardless of how much I may despise the man right now for taking away one of the things in my life that truly brought me joy, Coach Petrino was the best coach I've ever known as a Razorback fan, and brought more pride to this state than any coach in the last 30 years, and yes I am including Nolan Richardson (sorry if you are offended but college football is much more important than basketball)
2. I honestly still don't care that he was cheating on his wife. Coach Petrino wasn't my mentor, or my pastor, or my friend, he was the coach of the team that I supported and still support, and that is all. Whatever mistakes he chose to partake in during his personal time is for him, his family, and god to sort out.
3. I do care that he abused the University EEO hiring process to his interest, BUT, as a loyal fan of the Razorbacks and CBMFP, I could have gotten over it, with a little punishment, maybe some suspension time, and a formal public apology.
4. The Arkansas media should be absolutely ashamed of how they are pursing this man. He is no longer a Razorback, or a coach, or a state employee. By pursing this scandal any further you are only hurting Coach Petrino's family, friends, and the Arkansas Razorbacks athletic programs. I hope that you realize that you are angering fans, followers, and even those who didn't want Petrino here anymore, with your unclassy crucifixion of Coach Petrino.

I truly hope that you never have skeltons in your closet that are revealed, and then used as sticks for the beat of the national media drum.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.