Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devils Dilemma

Started by porcelet, April 12, 2012, 03:59:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porcelet

The question is how do we proceed from here: interim approach or a fulltime hire now or later  An immediate full time hire is too risky and brings back Crowe memories and our exile in footbal hell for so long. 

The interim approach seems to be the most likely choice and as I read so many optimistic posts that the falloff for wins and losses next year should be managable and limited  if we go that route.  I think that is highly unlikely.   Taver or who ever is picked is going to lead a staff of insecure coaches mainly concerned about their next coaching gig.  The motivation and attention to the little details that decide close games will be lacking.. It will not be a total meltdown like Nutt's holdovers in the Cotton bowll, but enough to lose the close games we won with BP  Plus the instability will kill recruiting for a least a year and who knows how many of this years class will leave.  The timing of this F 3 harley tornado has really screwed us and I have no confidence that JL will stop the bleeding.  I have a feeling he is exploring other gigs for himself.  This is a real Catch 22 for the proram and its loyal fans    Finally, I am betting under on a 8--4 record this fall.