Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you want Bobby Petrino as your Head Football Coach?

Started by Catfish Joe, April 05, 2012, 10:21:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Let your opinion be known and voice be heard.

Yes
762 (87.4%)
No.
110 (12.6%)

Total Members Voted: 857

Catfish Joe

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

LordStanleysHog

Divot

rubberdeeduckie

You should be required to have a minimum football IQ of 130+ before being allowed to vote in this poll.   jmo

rubberdeeduckie

AND submit to a blood test proving you bleed Razorback Red...

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

HackettHawg

Gor-Gor

Obviously YES. Our football program is arguably the best it's ever been, and that is thanks to Bobby Petrino.

BorderPatrol

Pyrotechnician

Where is the undecided button?  We should all do like Jeff Long.  Once we know more, that is when to either drop the axe or put it back in the tool shed.
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

superior_wang

are you serious?

not only do i want BP as  head coach till drops dead , i want anyone that is so f-ed in the head as to think this has ANYTHING to do with what he does on the field to resign their hog fan status. You are too [CENSORED] stupid to root for our program. Go cheer for Liberty university or something.

auburnhater

Yes! He asked for forgiveness. Let's forgive and move on.

beantownhog

Yes! My stomach is  :puke: churning  :puke: over the thought of losing him--it's like losing to Bama, LSU, Auburn and Ole Miss on the same day.
If your tax refund equals your taxes paid in, you don't pay taxes.

North hog

As a Hog fan hell yes. I do have a problem with him lying though and dipping his pen in company ink. That is an issue of integrity. I get we all make mistakes and should be given the benefit of forgiveness, but accountability has to factor in.

mindtoxicity

Yes.

He's paid to coach the football team... not to be a priest or something. His personal life is his personal life.

RepubliHog

Of course!  We hired him to win football games not to be our moral compass.  if you are sitting at your computer right now disappointed because your ideal man of ethics screwed up that is your own fault for putting him on a pedestal.  Put your all your faith in any man on this earth and you will find yourself disappointed. 

I have strong Christian beliefs and my heart hurts for his family and I will sincerely pray for their healing and cohesiveness, but that is BP's job to right that ship.  I hate that he made those decisions.

I never put him at a standard of anything but being a good coach and winning! bottom line!  Now I do think he needs to man up and take responsibility to get the respect of his players.  As far as gaining my respect he shouldn't worry about that I pay my money for him to win and that's what he does so WE BETTER KEEP HIM!

zane

RIP LSUfan

arcowboy

The problem may be this will ruin his focus. It takes a lot of time to get this out of your head. Example Tiger Woods and experience.

Catfish Joe

Quote from: superior_wang on April 05, 2012, 10:33:35 pm
are you serious?

not only do i want BP as  head coach till drops dead , i want anyone that is so f-ed in the head as to think this has ANYTHING to do with what he does on the field to resign their hog fan status. You are too [CENSORED] stupid to root for our program. Go cheer for Liberty university or something.

Don't get me wrong, I know it should be a stupid question. I just want a 100% undeniable united RAZORBACK front telling Jeff Long that "Bobby Petrino is OUR coach, and to bring him back!!"
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

hawgsrule218

Fire him and make an example that immorality will not be tolerated and wins do not matter.

Signed,

Ronnie Floyd

hoghearted

Never a problem with his job performance. Why would we trade a thoroughbred stallion for a unknown pig in a poke?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

arkansasborn

HatfieldHog

The evening of the revealing of this "Scandal." 

This may be the dumbest and most inappropriate poll I've ever seen!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

ArkieBrat

Voted YES...damn straight I want CBP as our head coach!
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

RazorPiggie

code red

Only God can judge.  This is gonna get complicated.  Does the girl keep her job?  It is a slippery slope.....but I do want CBP as our coach....I am disappointed to say the least.  If he worked at any other job it probably wouldn't be an issue...he would be at work tomorrow.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogchic2001

Absolutely. He made a mistake in his personal life...I pray that his family can heal from this. He is an outstanding coach. We are lucky to have him as our coach.
Go HOGS Go!

311Hog

does the fact it was with a recent UofA hire who is a direct subordinate to Coach Petrino not bother any of you?

I voted yes btw because i want him to stay as our coach, but man he could not have picked a worse person to have an "inappropriate" relationship with, how is that working relationship going to function ? i am sure the office will be a wonderful place to be and she is in charge of recruiting wow that will work out great i am sure.

HogginKYup

Hell yes! We are all human. He apologized. I accept, though I didn't need an apology. That apology belongs at home and I'm sure he's already done that. Ready for our run again at the NC. I know of no better coach to lead us than the man we have right now. Go Hogs!

jgphillips3

Murr

This is a personal matter for a public figure that represents the U of A not BYU.

CBP stays; his bank account might be lighter, but he stays.

Louisville's basketball coach had an affair a couple of years ago and he is still there and took them to the final four this year.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

While this leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth, yes I do. I guess I am a forgiving guy.

Catfish Joe

Found a facebook group with almost 600 members and growing that want CBP as their head coach.

Help them out:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/389496257735833/

-John Heisman-

s.a.m.

Yes.

But for his own longevity purposes he better keep winning.

It's funny how 5 win seasons sharpen fans' memories of "missteps" made by their leader.

JohnnyReb

Yes!
People make mistakes. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

BILLYBOB

No. Sadly, I say he has to go...or at least be suspended for the season.

He's a great coach. Best we've ever had. But he's totally out of control. Screwing around on his wife in front of his four kids, screwing a subordinate, lying about it.

Hes going to lose the respect of many of his players and coaches. It is going to kill recruiting. Its going to be HUGE in the national media...He's going to be an embarrassment to the university.

Smite away.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Potosihog

I am possibly one of the most conservative people on this board and I say yes. Im dissapointed. I hate it for him, his family, her fiancee, and our program. But I believe in forgiveness. And it is not just because he wins,, although I am honest enough to admit that it makes it easier.

razorbacker3

yes. Long will have to reprimand Coach, but dismissal is not justified.

swineology

Coaching yes, morally no. Jeff long doesn't want this on his resume

311Hog

i just dont think you can fire a guy for having an affair. Punishment surely, but straight to termination?  naw that would be hard for me to believe.

DC HOGFAN

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: swineology on April 05, 2012, 11:12:31 pm
Coaching yes, morally no. Jeff long doesn't want this on his resume
Jeff Long won't be long for the UA if he fires Petrino for this. Jeffy had better consider his own future....if memory serves, he was the guy who was saved from himself when Tommy Bowden ( Jeff Long's 1st choice) refused the job based on the Good Lord telling him to stay at Clemson....you see where that wet dream got him...retired...Jeff, better think long and hard if you are considering firing the best football coach the UA has ever had
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Catfish Joe

-John Heisman-

HogginKYup

I'm upset he wasn't wearing a helmet.....the other stuff not so much