Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite Hog in NBA History

Started by three, January 31, 2006, 09:33:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

three

Who's your favorite hog to ever play in the NBA?   Who's the best??

I'd say the best is between Moncrief and Alvin Robertson (because of his play-off performances).

But my favorite was Day and Mayberry together in Milwaukee.  I remember living in Orlando when they came to town, and they were the only ones on that team who could play, and it showed.  Oliver Miller in that rookie season looked like he was going to be one of the best.  I thought Barkley would keep him from getting to fat, especially when he said "If Oliver Miller can learn to put the Big Macs down, he could be one of the best big men in the game."  Sad that he never learned to stop freakin eating!!!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

WichitaStateRazorback

ZAP743

Corliss Williamson is my all time fav Razorback B-Baller period. However, Joe Johnson is starting to creep up the favorit NBA Hog list. He is playing great right now even if it is with the Hawks.

Brewer is creeping up my list too though. But BIG NASTY was DA MAN!

clemensrules01

Joe Johnson is my favorite in the NBA.

My favorite player that ever played for the razorbacks was scottie thurman. but he never made it to the NBA.

three

Quote from: clemensrules01 on January 31, 2006, 09:44:18 pm

My favorite player that ever played for the razorbacks was scottie thurman. but he never made it to the NBA.
Yeah, what's up with that.  Mr. Clutch can't make it!  Why?  He was an underrated defender, a great scorer, a better rebounder than most thought, and made shots in crunch time at the college level more consistantly than Michael Jordan himself. I'm still mad about that!!!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: ZAP743 on January 31, 2006, 09:43:53 pm
Corliss Williamson is my all time fav Razorback B-Baller period. However, Joe Johnson is starting to creep up the favorit NBA Hog list. He is playing great right now even if it is with the Hawks.

Brewer is creeping up my list too though. But BIG NASTY was DA MAN!
Johnson is creeping up my list too.

sowmonella

Sidney Moncrief was far and away the best Hog ever in the NBA. Corliss is my favorite because I know his family well and he is all class.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ZAP743

January 31, 2006, 09:51:28 pm #7 Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 09:54:01 pm by ZAP743
Quote from: three on January 31, 2006, 09:45:55 pm
Quote from: clemensrules01 on January 31, 2006, 09:44:18 pm

Yeah, what's up with that.  Mr. Clutch can't make it!  Why?  He was an underrated defender, a great scorer, a better rebounder than most thought, and made shots in crunch time at the college level more consistantly than Michael Jordan himself. I'm still mad about that!!!

I think Thurman just made a huge mistake by declaring after his jr. year and getting an agent. He would have really benefitted by that extra year. But his shot beating the shot clock vs. Duke, i don't think i'll ever forget. I was just about 8-9 years old, but i remember being thrilled to death that I got to stay up late to watch the HOGS win the National Championship. Great Night!!

RebelHawg

Of couse Todd Day. Favorite hog player of all time. I wish he could have had a better pro career, but it's ok he's still my fav. of all time.

BentonvilleJeff

Moncrief was definitely the most successful NBA Hog ever. But, my personal favorite is Darrell Walker. The man could play some stingy defense and he got a ring with the Bulls.

Brewerfan10

was Moncrief or any other hog ever an all-star, sorry if that is a stupid question, i was born in 1986 so that was before my time

jforte

Sir Sid was defensive player of the year 2 years in a row.

BORN2PIG

sowmonella

Moncrief was one of the 3 best of his time in the NBA. A Superstar.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

PIGOPOTTIEMUS

Todd Day  wasnt his shot just darn right pretty

Tejano Jawg

Sid. His athletic ability and tough defense made his transition to the pros pretty smooth. One of his D-Player-of-the-Year seasons, he was on the cover of SI again. Good close-up shot as I remember.

Also, regarding NBA All-Stars...YES...it was great when Sidney and Alvin started the All-Star game one year against each other. That was pretty nice UA representation.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

mountainhog

Quote from: sowmonella on January 31, 2006, 10:09:10 pm
Moncrief was one of the 3 best of his time in the NBA. A Superstar.
thats exactly right..  none of the other hogs can say that about their careers.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

NBA???  EASY.  Sidney..no doubt about it.

If you say anybody else, you never saw Sir Sid drive the lane....

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

mountainhog

sir sid was my favortie college player too. but corliss and beck are right in there too, refuse to lose attitude , thats what i liked about them.

mountainhog

Does anyone remember the great sports illustrated cover with sidney dunking ?  that was an awesome photo,, someone may have it somewhere on their computer ,,if so i would like to see it again...

silvertip

Scott Hastings---inventor of the "shoe-cam."

mojobeaux

moncrief and robertson.  also were my favorites while at the u.

moncrief was a star.

robertson may have made the all-star team....not sure.  was on the nba all defensive first team more than once, and set some kind of steals record, which has since been broken.  for his size he was one tough cat.  rebounded well and could go to the hole with a nasty attitude.  never got pushed around, and was that guy that you look up and say, "damn, he's covering me."

rebounding.  defense.  toughness.  we should bring them back for some scrimmages.