Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarksville Panthers -Flying Lee Brothers

Started by Coondog Hog, March 10, 2012, 10:13:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coondog Hog

Sign em up Mike.  Them boys can flat out ball.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

PonderinHog

Coondog Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 10, 2012, 10:21:50 pm
Are they juniors, Coondog?

Dedrick is a Junior and comitted to the Hogs.  The younger two are Sophmores, but probably too small to ball at Arkansas. They have an adopted brother or cousin named Devin Sims that is a Junior.  He will play D-1 ball also.

Side Note : Hannahs for PA is the best high school shooter I've ever seen.  Hunter Henry plays hoops like a tight end.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan

CDBHawg

Count me a fan. The Lee brothers can ball. Clarksville is a very entertaining team to watch.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Coondog Hog on March 10, 2012, 10:31:47 pm
Dedrick is a Junior and comitted to the Hogs.  The younger two are Sophmores, but probably too small to ball at Arkansas. They have an adopted brother or cousin named Devin Sims that is a Junior.  He will play D-1 ball also.

Side Note : Hannahs for PA is the best high school shooter I've ever seen.  Hunter Henry plays hoops like a tight end.
LOL concrning Henry's hoop skills.  Too bad Hannahs doesn't have a whole lot of help.  I would agree with you on Hannahs if this had been posted before I saw Stevie Clark play earlier today.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 10, 2012, 10:40:04 pm
LOL concrning Henry's hoop skills.  Too bad Hannahs doesn't have a whole lot of help.  I would agree with you on Hannahs if this had been posted before I saw Stevie Clark play earlier today.

Stevie Clark seems perfect for our system. We would have to save our two open scholarships AND have Powell and Young go pro for us to have enough room to take all the guys we want in 2013.

Coondog Hog

I missed the Clark kid I was at McClard's
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

porkulus

The Lee boys are the most entertaining high school ball players I have ever seen.  Watched em in the finals this year and last. Wow!!

Nipsey Mussle

Clarksville will win 4 straight state titles, at least.
Dederick Lee is solid and plays above the rim at 6'2 but needs to improve his jumper. A great deal of upside in that young man.

Ok I know Freddy Lee is his brother (who may actually be a better high school player than Dederick, but obviously limited for the next level by height). Who are the other Lee's? I know #5 is one of them, is he the cousin?

labb

If Freddie Lee was 5'9" he would be a one and done player. Dangest thing I ever saw on a basketball court. I promise you that when the lights come on he thinks he is 7' tall and about 300 lbs. That kid can really play.

Coondog Hog

March 11, 2012, 09:38:20 am #10 Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:41:09 am by Coondog Hog
#5 is Kendrick Lee #33 is Kevin Sims (adopeted brother or cousin?) I think.

- Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Coondog Hog

And I agree a 5'9 Freddie would be NBA bound early.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

labb

Madhog2020

Freddie and Kenderick are twin brothers and are both only sophomores.  Dederick is there older brother and is a junior.  They have the ability to make a defense look silly.  They are alot of fun to watch. 

Cederick Lee is the oldest and he has already graduated.  Darren Lee is an adopted brother but did not have the grades to play this year.  AND... They have a youngest brother that is still in elementary school.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Madhog2020 on March 11, 2012, 11:31:31 am
Freddie and Kenderick are twin brothers and are both only sophomores.  Dederick is there older brother and is a junior.  They have the ability to make a defense look silly.  They are alot of fun to watch. 

Cederick Lee is the oldest and he has already graduated.  Darren Lee is an adopted brother but did not have the grades to play this year.  AND... They have a youngest brother that is still in elementary school.

OK, so Freddie has some possible growth ahead of him.

If the kid is truly special, I'd hate for recruiters to ignore him just because he's not ideal height.  There have been a lot of great, game-changing type players who were shorter than 5-9.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Coondog Hog

What will make Dedrick a good fit for CMA @ Arkansas is the fact that he and his brothers have grown up playing 40 minutes of hell basketball.  There is a Nolan connection to their family somehow and these boys have been groomed in that style since they were old enough to dribble. The icing on the cake is that these kids aren't just killing other because they're the best atheletes on the floor.  These guys are some of the smartest basketball players on the floor all night every night.  They have been raised to play basketball and it shows on the floor.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Coondog Hog

Thanks for getting all this straight I was close, but off a little I see.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

clarksville hog

Proud Clarksville alum and fan here. It goes without saying that I'm biased, lol. But the thing that impresses me the most by the Lees is that they play at a break neck pace but still are under control with very few turnovers. Watching Freddie Lee dribble a basketball through the trees is worth the price of admission all by itself!

bkjacks

Devin Sims is the adopted brother, at about 6' 4" or 5" can play. He is a jr. Not sure Freddie and Kendrick are twins, but both ar so's.

Nipsey Mussle

March 11, 2012, 02:46:18 pm #20 Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:50:13 pm by helmuthjr21
Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 11, 2012, 08:54:28 am
He might've had an off night last night. Last year he made every three he threw up.
I'm glad to hear that actually. I didn't watch last night but saw him a few times earlier in the season. He looked a bit more comfortable slashing and passing than shooting the jumper. Of course, he could have been bored given they were up 20+ immediately each game I watched

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: helmuthjr21 on March 11, 2012, 02:46:18 pm
He looked a bit more uncomfortable slashing and passing than shooting the jumper.

That would actually be the preferred method of attack, score close to the rim, draw fouls, get other players involved, etc..

PorkerOinker

Quote from: bkjacks on March 11, 2012, 02:04:31 pm
Devin Sims is the adopted brother, at about 6' 4" or 5" can play. He is a jr. Not sure Freddie and Kendrick are twins, but both ar so's.

They are twins.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

nichc85

Dedrick is exceptionally quick and his strength is slashing to the basket. In high school that may work but he can't go into the land of the bigs in the SEC. Better improve his three and midrange jumper. If I am coaching the other team I back off and dare him to beat me shooting. Hope he does well just concerned that he needs to develop his whole game including getting stronger to play man defense.

The_Iceman

Quote from: nichc85 on March 11, 2012, 07:02:33 pm
Dedrick is exceptionally quick and his strength is slashing to the basket. In high school that may work but he can't go into the land of the bigs in the SEC. Better improve his three and midrange jumper. If I am coaching the other team I back off and dare him to beat me shooting. Hope he does well just concerned that he needs to develop his whole game including getting stronger to play man defense.

Haha, and from just about every other account I've heard and from what I've seen, you would definitely "Beat You"

Nipsey Mussle

OK, before he becomes another Rodney Clark, let's squash it!!!!!!

It is D-E-D-E-R-I-CK

PorkerOinker

Seriously you need to quit posting! If you backed off Dederick and dared him to beat you shooting you would be out of a job real quick. I would goes as far to say Dederick's best part of his game is shooting the three and mid range jumper. If you ever watched him play more than one game you might know this.

orvillesghost

Also from Clarksville so admittedly biased

If Freddie was 5-9..well I shudder to think of the possibilities....

Anon2

Quote by Ron Crawford during SH's game yesterday,"there's not a player in the United States that can guard Goodwin one on one".  Subject changed from Clarksville but hope it's ok.  Anyone agree with Crawford?

nichc85

Porker inker maybe seeing him six times isn't enough but...I'll stay with my scouting report. I guess I'll keep posting since I might know as much as you.

The_Iceman

Go watch the latest Razorback Nation report on the Hogville homepage to see how good of a shooter Dederick Lee is. He shoots it from DEEP!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Anon2 on March 11, 2012, 07:52:44 pm
Quote by Ron Crawford during SH's game yesterday,"there's not a player in the United States that can guard Goodwin one on one".  Subject changed from Clarksville but hope it's ok.  Anyone agree with Crawford?
Goodwin is an Overrated loud mouth. i disagree with Crawford.

HF#1

Crawford is a blow hard that should shut his yapper.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

labb

"If I am coaching the other team I back off and dare him to beat me shooting."

I don't generally post about other posters but this one time I got to agree with PorkerOrinker. You really ought not post about a kid's game if you are not sure about what you are posting...The first two shots that Clarksville took were 24' jump shots by Dederick and it was nothing but net. Don't think he would have taken those shots at that time if he and the coach were not pretty certain about his ability.

And for you folks from Clarksville. I sit with a bunch of old retired BB coaches, most of them have won state and are in the H.S. Hall of Fame. We go to Hot Springs for all three days and three nights of the finals. Most of the time we will miss the last two games Saturday night so that we can get home at a reasonable time. When I asked them what time they wanted to leave they all said we are going to stay and see the Lee kids from Clarksville play. We watched them last season and want to see them again. Those kids can really play the game. We were all in agreement that they are worth the price of the ticket.

nichc85

Not to go on and on....can he  consistently shoot it well enough to make a defender commit to stopping him? I just haven't seen that over the four years I have watched him. Not against the kid and hope he does well. It just seems in this state we big eye players before they step on the big stage.

The_Iceman

Quote from: nichc85 on March 11, 2012, 08:16:21 pm
Not to go on and on....can he  consistently shoot it well enough to make a defender commit to stopping him? I just haven't seen that over the four years I have watched him. Not against the kid and hope he does well. It just seems in this state we big eye players before they step on the big stage.

I think at 16-17 years old, Dederick has some time to develop that consistency.

You don't step up and hit three 24+ foot 3's in the state championship game if you can't shoot it.

What I like most about Dederick's game is that he knows how to play with other good players. Some kids can put up 25 a night by shooting 25-30 shots, but the ability to play within the game and with other players is a nice quality to have coming out of high school.

bigdaddyhawg

Ron Crawford goes over the top with any player he's had anything to do with.

Take it with a grain of salt, cause that's how much it's worth.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: nichc85 on March 11, 2012, 08:16:21 pm

4 years huh so you went and watched him in Jr high. Stick with your scouting report if you want it will just prove my point that you know absolutely nothing about basketball.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: PorkerOinker on March 11, 2012, 09:08:07 pm
4 years huh so you went and watched him in Jr high. Stick with your scouting report if you want it will just prove my point that you know absolutely nothing about basketball.

Don't you be trashing up my awesome thread.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Pigsear

PonderinHog

So who wins? The Jones  brothers or the Lee brothers?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 11, 2012, 09:47:06 pm
So who wins? The Jones  brothers or the Lee brothers?

Doubt anyone will EVER beat the Jones brothers.

Mark_Freeman

You must have missed the 50+ point game last year against Mena where he hit 10+ threes or the Pottsville game this year when he hit 9 including the 1st FIVE TRIPS DOWN THE COURT. He is streaky, I'll give you that, but that's when guarded. If you leave him open, you are stupid. The end.

He does need to (and no doubt will) get stronger for D and ball-handling purposes, but he's a great kid and a hard worker who will fit into any team. Trust me when I say, next year nobody will want any part of an improved Dederick Lee. And that team is going to be LOADED.

Hognum P.I.

Isaac McCoy doesn't agree.
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq95/arkchirodoc/th_Obamastan.jpg

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried!

william.lane123

Crawford also said Mickleson was one and done last year! What does that tell you?

GBHawg

I think Clarksville moves to the 5A west next year with Alma, Shiloh Christian, Morrelton, Greenbrier, Villonia, Harrison, and Huntsville.  But from what I've heard about these kids, they should win it all in the 5A next year. 

Hannahs is an incredible player also.  Kid dropped 43 points Saturday night. 

Fatty McGee

Anyone who predicts any player under 6'4", and probably 6'6", probably doesn't know what they're talking about or are related to the kid.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

bkjacks

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 11, 2012, 08:06:34 pm
Goodwin is an Overrated loud mouth. i disagree with Crawford.

Goodwin looked very lazy to me. I disagree with Crawford also.

Porky McGee

I don't need a "scouting report" on Dederick. I played against him twice my senior year (Dederick was a sophomore). We played them once in the benefit game and the second game was in the State Semi-finals. In the benefit game, Dederick scored 42 points on 9 threes. Including 3 threes in the 3rd quarter that were stepback jumpers at about 25 feet. If you don't think that kid can shoot then you either don't know basketball or caught him on an off night. I have seen him light up a lot of teams. We have an absolute steal on our hands with Dederick.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: bkjacks on March 12, 2012, 09:45:07 am
Goodwin looked very lazy to me. I disagree with Crawford also.

He stood around quite a bit Satuday when the ball wasn't in his hands, but he also did some thing on offense that show he's got more tallent than most.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan